Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 GOTY Edition

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
Seems like they increased the value of Ciri. Who's selling her this run?

Do you play W3EE with M&K or a controller?
Why teh fuck would i play Witcher 3 with a controller?
Wouldn't play an RTS with a gamepad, wouldn't play a racing game with a keyboard, wouldn't play a PiranhaBytes or Bethsoft game with a gamepad, wouldn't play TW3 with kb+m.
It was clearly made with gamepads in mind and mostly plays better with them. Though it still needs mods to get the controls right with either scheme - a huge missed opportunity with this "next gen" remaster.

Last edited:

Yosharian

Arcane
I have played TW3 a bunch of times and never once did I think that it would be better with a gamepad nor did I have any trouble whatsoever controlling the character with a M+KB, far from it.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
iZobWXy.jpg
Kill yourself subhuman.

Perkel

Arcane
Anyone played the new quest they added? It's very good they even added new music for it.

More screenshots

1lsclv.png
2slfg7.png
3uvilr.png

Increase LOD distance is definitely having huge impact here. They also scaled back fog and turned off color filter. With some RT proper shadows and reflections game definitely looks a lot fucking better. IT was always beautiful game but this update really turned it to 11.

They released new patch (same game version). Did anyone try it ?

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Increase LOD distance is definitely having huge impact here
Just to note - as we've demonstrated on the previous page this is achievable with mods just as well.
They also scaled back fog and turned off color filter.
I'm used to using Super turbo lighting mod to the same effect.
With some RT proper shadows and reflections game definitely looks a lot fucking better
Even without RT, the shadows and selfshadows are improved... most of the time. Sometimes some corners end up looking improbably dark.

What I'm really ready to give them credit for is the integration of Brothers in Arms (the huge bugfix mod, they claim over 5400 bugfixes and enabled cut content) together with FCR. I'm currently going through these merges myself :)

Perkel

Arcane
W3EE dev said that he doesn't plan to go back and make 4.0 comp version of mod. Shame easily the best rework of TW3 gameplay.

W3EE dev said that he doesn't plan to go back and make 4.0 comp version of mod. Shame easily the best rework of TW3 gameplay.
Yeah, no amount of graphical improvements is worth going back to enemies with numbers on their heads.

bloodlover

Arcane
Is NG+ good for a second playthrough? I know that I get to keep all of my nice toys and gold but is there still a sense of progression if I already have (almost) everything?

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I love how they call this the "next-gen patch". Yeah, more like how the game would have looked like on release on PC if they didn't have to dumped the graphics down to make it work on peasant console hardware lmao.

Gerrard

Arcane
Have they fixed the missing cutscenes or are they just going to leave it like that?

racofer

Thread Incliner
Have they fixed the missing cutscenes or are they just going to leave it like that?
Turns out there were no missing cutscenes at all. The retard that reported that had mods previously installed, updated the game, didn't remove the broken mods, and his game got fucked. Later on he recognized it was actually all there.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
Turns out there were no missing cutscenes at all. The retard that reported that had mods previously installed, updated the game, didn't remove the broken mods, and his game got fucked. Later on he recognized it was actually all there.
80& of the issues retards on steam are reporting comes from this. OH NOEZ MY FOLIAGE LOOKS LIKE MINECRAFT NOW FUCKING CDPR. Turns out nigger has some outdated mod installed.

Perkel

Arcane
I love how they call this the "next-gen patch". Yeah, more like how the game would have looked like on release on PC if they didn't have to dumped the graphics down to make it work on peasant console hardware lmao.

There was no RT when TW3 released.
Consoles either way ran at low settings on release and they still do run at low with this update.
While people remember some of the assets that got changed and LOD getting reduced they kind of forget that initial videos didn't have any PBR and some of other assets were frankly ps3 era.

In the end game was one of the most beautiful games around. Perfect marriage of design and technology and still is and at the time of release it wasn't such murder house for GPU. IT had high reqs but you didn't need best gpu just to play it.
Game even at low with textures on medium-high looked excellent.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom