Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 GOTY Edition

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I really don’t understand the angst about the Witcher 3; it is a wonderful game with maybe the best cast of NPCs ever with good dialogue, fantastic voice acting, even the lowest of sidequests have something interesting or remembered
Yeah the combat is okish, sort of a Arkham City kind of approach or a poor man Dark Souls and yeah the leveled world, leveled monsters and the dwarfing of interesting aspects like Alchemy and oils for combat is not the best but it gets SOOO much right that is easily forgiven, plus the various oberhauls like EE or Ghost mod help cure the worst offenders

Hell if it had the leveled world of Gothic it could almost be perfect

I am currently playing in on Switch and frankly I don’t think I could get into these huge open ended worlds if not for the current quarantine but frankly I am having a blast, at the higher difficulty levels you need to fight more carefully and at the highest level the oils and potions are almost mandatory

As a matter of fact, I am done with the main game but enjoying it quite a bit
Just got Zelda and was playing also Dragon Quest 11, so what should I do continue to play Witcher 3’s expansions or go play something else and come back when I get the itch for more Witcher?

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
Not to defend CD Projekt, but the DRM in TW2 was a publisher addition. And the GOG version was, obviously, always DRM-free.

Semiurge

Cipher
The need you spoke of was reproduction. The need they're speaking of is draining blue balls.

Reproduction is a biological need, draining blue balls is slaking that need.

The biological illiteracy involved in conflating the two has nothing to do with Abrahamic religions.

No? Aren't sex and all related acts generally considered bad in those, unless performed in a sanctified union in ways that lead to having offspring? It seems like a forced compromise, it's a sin but the clergy understand that it's a necessary sin, or that's what they have the public believe anyway. Remember, those are
the religions in which pleasure of any kind is sinful because it is literally Satan's plan to erode man's belief in God and his efforts to better himself, especially the kind of pleasure that lead to man's damnation.

I'd rather not be labeled as some religious nut so I'm done with this topic for now :dealwithit:

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
The need you spoke of was reproduction. The need they're speaking of is draining blue balls.

The biological illiteracy involved in conflating the two has nothing to do with Abrahamic religions.

No? Aren't sex and all related acts generally considered bad in those, unless performed in a sanctified union in ways that lead to having offspring? It seems like a forced compromise, it's a sin but the clergy understand that it's a necessary sin, or that's what they have the public believe anyway. Remember, those are
the religions in which pleasure of any kind is sinful because it is literally Satan's plan to erode man's belief in God and his efforts to better himself, especially the kind of pleasure that lead to man's damnation.

I'd rather not be labeled as some religious nut so I'm done with this topic for now :dealwithit:

I don't blame you, if I were that ignorant I'd run too. Or know better than to open my mouth in the first place.

Slaking the need for reproduction is bouncing your boys on your knee, not jacking off in whatever receptacle is handy. The people who taught you otherwise didn't have your best interests at heart, to put it mildly.

There is no such thing as necessary sin. There are no religions where pleasure of any kind is sinful. Fred Phelps brand religion is a lie brought to you all wrapped up in a bow by people who wanted to cut down on the competition for their own kids by convincing you to intentionally fail at the one task all living organisms take care to accomplish, and you bought it hook, line, and sinker.

Grats. I'll be out now too.

Last edited:

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
the main problem of the game is the way the leveled everything; loot, monsters, quests... to make it safe and accesible for console peasants but still a very good game

Semiurge

Cipher

I don't blame you, if I were that ignorant I'd run too. Or know better than to open my mouth in the first place.

Slaking the need for reproduction is bouncing your boys on your knee, not jacking off in whatever receptacle is handy. The people who taught you otherwise didn't have your best interests at heart, to put it mildly.

There is no such thing as necessary sin. There are no religions where pleasure of any kind is sinful. Fred Phelps brand religion is a lie brought to you all wrapped up in a bow by people who wanted to cut down on the competition for their own kids by convincing you to intentionally fail at the one task all living organisms take care to accomplish, and you bought it hook, line, and sinker.

Grats. I'll be out now too.

You're getting defensive, aren't you? If the subject is too personal for you then it might be good to admit it, it would put some things in a different perspective. If you were completely un-ironic with the "bouncing your boys on your knee" then I'd say that they both qualify to belong under the same umbrella. Simply Sowing your seed might get the job done sometimes and it serves the more immediate physical need, but many animals will ensure that their offspring will not only be born, but reach adulthood - an age when they themselves will be able to reproduce, which is considered successful reproduction on the parents part. Looking after the young and bonding with them with the knee-bouncing and whatnot will obviously cater to many emotional needs, but the reason it (and pair bonding between mates) exists is because it ensures that the children will have better chances at life.

Last edited:

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
replaying this, what do you people see in this game?

It's so bland. Combat is left click - dodge - left click - dodge, etc.

Every quest is "humans are the REAL monsters." k thx.

Customization is terrible, skills are so limited and impotent. There are two types of skills, those that make left clicks better, and those that don't.

janior

Arcane
Vatnik
man almost forgot how much of a faceroll this games combat becomes, especially towards the end, I didnt excpect much from DEATHMARCH difficulty and yet i am still dissapointed :negative:
eh maybe i shouldve install some of those gay ass combat mods u guys coom over

Duralux for Durabux

man almost forgot how much of a faceroll this games combat becomes, especially towards the end, I didnt excpect much from DEATHMARCH difficulty and yet i am still dissapointed :negative:
better play fallout 4 it's a better game for you

Perkel

Arcane

i don't think there is mod that could be applied on your current playtrough to change combat. I think all of them require new game start.

If you want to start again i recommend W3EE

janior

Arcane
Vatnik

i don't think there is mod that could be applied on your current playtrough to change combat. I think all of them require new game start.

If you want to start again i recommend W3EE
what does it do?

Falksi

Arcane
replaying this, what do you people see in this game?

It's so bland. Combat is left click - dodge - left click - dodge, etc.

Every quest is "humans are the REAL monsters." k thx.

Customization is terrible, skills are so limited and impotent. There are two types of skills, those that make left clicks better, and those that don't.

I ask myself the same question.

They almost all follow the same fucking format too - Talk-walk-Witcher senses-fight-walk-talk-finish. You can literally do most of the main game on auto-pilot.

The whole main game feels like driving to work on a bad traffic day.

Duralux for Durabux

I ask myself the same question.

They almost all follow the same fucking format too - Talk-walk-Witcher senses-fight-walk-talk-finish. You can literally do most of the main game on auto-pilot.

The whole main game feels like driving to work on a bad traffic day.
Every time, i underline those issues to retarded witcher 3 fanboy. They become butthurt and don't accept any criticism.(by spamming retarded ratings instead of arguing for exemple)
The whole game is repetitive, few quests are different.
It is absolutly not worth it to play witcher 3. There is particularly nothing redeeming in it (except few quests and graphics and MAYBE landscapes).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom