Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

This Fall is going to be the greatest fall in the history of RPGs

Which one looks the shittest so far

• Total voters

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
It's mind-boggling to think how we even got to this sorry state. This has to be the most hilarious period of RPG development ever.
I have a feeling companies like BioWare look at Baldur's Gate 3 and think they got the "All Clear" to make games as gay as possible. They even pay consultants six figures to tell them that's true, and to go back and make changes. They watch all these other games go bust, and studios get sacked, and think, "Yeah, Baldur's Gate 3's the new rule!" as opposed to the exception. It's terminal optimism bias.

Laz Sundays

Educated
What a difficult poll. Dragon Age looks most disgusting I guess? Fable and Bloodlines look similar in androgyny, Awoved looks like whogivesafuck type of game just like Outhouse Worlds.. with bonus furries. So yeah they all equally suck. I don't really wanna rate or vote on it, I don't wanna look at them at all. Might aswell not exist.

vitellus

the irascible
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
1718067625739.png

1718067617799.png

gaaaaaaaaaaaaay

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
I think the most entertaining failure is going to be VTMB2. It seems like it's produced by a company that really wants to restart this ip, but has no fucking clue how to do it, and is completely retarded.

DA will be so shitty it will be vomit inducing. Wouldn't touch it with a 10-foot pole.

negator2vc

Scholar
The disrespect of the IP behind both DA4 & VTMB2 will be their biggest enemy.
We can only hope that their fall will also destroy their creators. :bounce:

jakkis

Educated
Movies have this thing where bad films are so bad you watch them to see how bad they are and laugh at the badness. Is this crossing over to gaming as well? I guess there sorta is the AVGN-style genre where we explore bad old games, but this might become the new thing with this new batch of shite AAA is giving us.

negator2vc

Scholar
Movies have this thing where bad films are so bad you watch them to see how bad they are and laugh at the badness. Is this crossing over to gaming as well? I guess there sorta is the AVGN-style genre where we explore bad old games, but this might become the new thing with this new batch of shite AAA is giving us.
The difference is that in a movie you only have to spend a couple of hours. In a game (especially with those AAA games) you have to spend much more.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
It seems like it's produced by a company that really wants to restart this ip, but has no fucking clue how to do it, and is completely retarded.
It's changed so much from the original announcement and even from the original game, it's questionable as to why it's still called Bloodlines 2. I think at this point, it's very much a case of "In Name Only".

Butter

Arcane
Patron
It seems like it's produced by a company that really wants to restart this ip, but has no fucking clue how to do it, and is completely retarded.
It's changed so much from the original announcement and even from the original game, it's questionable as to why it's still called Bloodlines 2. I think at this point, it's very much a case of "In Name Only".
They could've called it Vampire: the Masquerade - Redemption 2. It would've been just as misleading, because it's not a direct sequel to anything. They're just hoping to bank on the more recognizable name.

jaekl

Learned
Patron
I love playing really bad games and dunking on them, but these modern corpo games are bad in an unfunny, painful way so you don't want to play them for that reason either. It's more fun to dunk on then based only on screenshots and very short video clips.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Trying to draw in the original VTMB fanbase.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Dragon Age 4 had a lousy trailer but the gameplay reveal had the usual Dragon Age writing, so their fans are very happy. They never cared about the gameplay (which changed from title to title) or the art style (which changed from title to title) or setting consistency (which changed from title to title).

Fable 4's shown off two cinematic trailers, both pretty lousy. Do they even have a game to show off? Who knows. Does Fable even still have fans? Beats me. The release date is 2025, so it shouldn't be on the poll anyway.

Avowed looked like The Outer Pillars, it'll do fine with the nusidian audience.

Bloodlines 2 is a game that doesn't look like it'll please anybody.

Vavra must be pretty pleased that this is his competition. Total Kingdom Come Deliverance Domination. For straight male gamers anyway, the women and queers have their choice of Dragon Age or Avowed.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
-watches Dragon Age Failguard gameplay-

Ok nevermind I'm not playing that shit, I'll just watch a cringe compilation lol.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom