Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children - isometric tactical Korean SRPG

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/470310/view/2960541017172520926
Notice] The Development Team Is Going On Vacation.
55db137e140c107c0b65008393ea7ba707295cdb.jpg

Hello everyone, this is Troubleshooter development team.

Everyone is having a hard time due to the changes in the many external environments surrounding us. Are you all doing well?

The development team is going to take turns from this week to next week to have a summer vacation.

Due to this, the next update schedule was inevitably postponed to early September.

The update rate of the dev team has slowed down significantly this year, making you wait for a long time. I would like to apologize for this.

Members of the development team will take time to recharge and use it as a stepping stone to a greater leap forward.

We will inform you separately as soon as the next update schedule is confirmed.

Thank you for always understanding and supporting the development team.

We'll see you soon.

Endemic

Arcane
How do these guys still have money? Do they all live with their parents or something? I can't believe they haven't started working on anything else, whether a sequel or paid DLC. Crazy.

They probably all share the same apartment in Seoul :P

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
How do these guys still have money? Do they all live with their parents or something? I can't believe they haven't started working on anything else, whether a sequel or paid DLC. Crazy.
At this point my best guess would be that they have actual jobs and are only developing the game in their free time. There's no way that they can pay for an office in Seoul as well as employee expenses with their Steam sales.

Also, how the fuck do 6-7 people take vacation "in turns" over a period of a week and a half? I feel like "vacation" in this case means "taking a day or two off".

Zumbabul

Savant

Bloody Hell and they told me Magic Knight Albus sucks...

I did not know that there is a pet that can give the entire group the Hero buff...

The chain killing in the video could be done with GS too. The MK can effectively chain kill after he gets the 30% block shred sword (from Skull Slasher), which is chapter 6. Before this point, GS is superior to MK in terms of chain killing.

There are a lot of useful tricks that could be done with pets. If you put 'seasoned hunter' on Giselle (personal mastery), her summoning will cost 1 AP. If you put Inrush training and Awaken on all your pets, you can spend 1 AP to summon a pet, the pet will act immediately, pop overcharge, and use any pet's ability (including his ultimate). This way any ability of the pet turns into a spell that Giselle can use. And 6 types of beasts turn into 6 schools of magic: tiger magic, frog magic, chicken magic, spider magic, dragon magic, and crab magic. For example, you can have aoe heal (albino frog), aoe hatred (+50 speed, rainbow dorori), aoe sleep and silence (red frog), aoe debuf cleanse and concentration buffs (fire frog), multi hit aoe damage abilities (crabs), and etc. You can even give a turn to another player, aoe mind control beasts, or pull your teammate.

In discord, this approach is often referred to as 'spellcasting Giselle' or 'beast spellcasting'. Although this is a beautiful idea, eventually this will break the game for you.

Shaki

Arbiter
In discord, this approach is often referred to as 'spellcasting Giselle' or 'beast spellcasting'. Although this is a beautiful idea, eventually this will break the game for you.

There is a discord for Troubleshooter? Gimme the link

Sykar

Arcane
Man this guy is really dedicated and puts in so much work into a niche game that will never see a huge audience even though it deserves it far more than nuXCOM or the mainstream trash like CoD.

Alchemist Ray incoming as well.

TheSoul

Scholar
I love how many options variations you can make from a class and still make it work. Mastery system is a lot better than upgrade trees and I hope Dandelion improves on it if they make another tactics game.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
Man this guy is really dedicated and puts in so much work into a niche game that will never see a huge audience even though it deserves it far more than nuXCOM or the mainstream trash like CoD.

Alchemist Ray incoming as well.

agreed seems very chill and cool guy

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

TROUBLESHOOTER: Abandoned Children

Announcement
[News] Next Update Schedule and the Next Development Process
Hello everyone, this is Troubleshooter development team.

Thanks to your consideration, all the members of the development team returned to work after a vacation.

The next update will be on Friday, September 17th.

The schedule has been delayed a lot due to our vacation. As the schedule is delayed, the development team will do its best to introduce more new content.

Below is the sharing of the schedule that the development team is developing or planning.

c8c40041217be0b27e17e1d93c46427303355978.jpg

[h4]1. White Lion and Black Witch DLC[/h4]

It has been 10 months since the update of White Lion and Black Witch began.

Regarding this DLC, two Scenario Missions and one Violent Case will be updated in the future.

Considering the development cycle so far, the development of this DLC will continue until October.

It has been delayed too much than expected, and there is no doubt that the main cause of this situation is the development team.

However, there seems to be no other way than to do our best. Please trust the development team a little more.

08b0163851e3cc88331dbd7fae1e219e6137612e.jpg

[h4]2. Joint Training[/h4]

The development team is developing Joint Training as well as DLC.

Through the system, you can train with the police units or other trouble shooter companies.

This content is a system that fights with units of the same size as my unit, not a few to many battles that we've experienced a lot in the Scenario Missions and the Violent Cases of the game.

The system will be available to users who use offline mode through NPC, and users who use online mode will be able to apply for Joint Training directly from the Shooter Street to other users.

Joint Training was originally designed exclusively for online mode.

However, since the official launch of the game, the actual number of players has not been so many and the player-to-player battle may not be active.

Therefore, we design it as a system that can be used alone in online mode and can be compensated accordingly. Based on this, we are also making it available in offline mode.

Joint Training will be subject to improvement and further updates even after DLC development is completed.

For example, we are also planning to update the Beast Match or Drone Match that is using your own beasts and drones.

The development team knows that the scenario missions and the violent case are more attractive than this kind of content for many people.

Nevertheless, the development team decided to challenge the possibility of online mode rather than abandon online content.

We will continue to improve and manage this challenge to produce good results.

03c980eb53eb12d6a3dd90bd95ea8b55dc9798a0.jpg

[h4]3. The Next DLC[/h4]

The development team is thinking about whether we can develop the next season "Troubleshooter: Banished Children", as DLC, which is currently under development, enters the completion stage.

In particular, the biggest concern is whether to continue the story in the form of an expansion pack like MMO or make it a new game.

And most of all, we can afford to maintain the current situation, but we are very vulnerable to new challenges in terms of finance.

After consideration, we are considering developing additional DLCs that add new scenario missions, enemies, and systems after completing "White Lion and Black Witch" DLC.

It's sad news for those who are looking forward to the next season, but we will continue to talk about "Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children" by developing a new DLC and improving the game itself.

If we can lay the foundation for a new challenge through this process, we will definitely develop "Troubleshooter: Banished Children".

I'm sure many of you don't like this decision, but we'll do our best to repay you with fun content.

Thank you.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Is it me or is there not a single apology in that update?

Well, this (below) is basically like I'm sorry that we need money to exist, but we'll still try and give you guys as much free stuff as we can while actually being able to eat. It's actually insane to me.

The development team is thinking about whether we can develop the next season "Troubleshooter: Banished Children", as DLC, which is currently under development, enters the completion stage.

In particular, the biggest concern is whether to continue the story in the form of an expansion pack like MMO or make it a new game.

And most of all, we can afford to maintain the current situation, but we are very vulnerable to new challenges in terms of finance.

After consideration, we are considering developing additional DLCs that add new scenario missions, enemies, and systems after completing "White Lion and Black Witch" DLC.

It's sad news for those who are looking forward to the next season, but we will continue to talk about "Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children" by developing a new DLC and improving the game itself.

If we can lay the foundation for a new challenge through this process, we will definitely develop "Troubleshooter: Banished Children".

I'm sure many of you don't like this decision, but we'll do our best to repay you with fun content.

SerratedBiz

Arcane
However, there seems to be no other way than to do our best. Please trust the development team a little more.

This is apologetic enough. They don't need to be crawling through the mud or anything.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It made me sad to read the update that posted. I'd love Banished Children to be a proper sequel.

I wonder if they have tried to talk to any publisher.

Tse Tse Fly

Savant
It made me sad to read the update that posted. I'd love Banished Children to be a proper sequel.

I wonder if they have tried to talk to any publisher.
Yes, I think they should have wrapped up the story for this season sooner and started working on a sequel, further fleshing out the existing systems and carefully adding new features. Maybe the new season should focus on a different troubleshooter team. The game is already long enough as it is.

Visperas

Augur
Same. When I finished my first run, my mastery sets were a bit of a mess and I don't want to go back and fix them, I want to start over in the new game. No DLC Yes New Game!

Tigranes

Arcane
At this point my best guess would be that they have actual jobs and are only developing the game in their free time. There's no way that they can pay for an office in Seoul as well as employee expenses with their Steam sales.

Also, how the fuck do 6-7 people take vacation "in turns" over a period of a week and a half? I feel like "vacation" in this case means "taking a day or two off".

It's Korea, nobody fucking ever takes a vacation, regardless of whether you have days of paid leave piling up in the books or not. Taking off 3 days is a big win. Asking for maternity/paternity leave means essentially handing in your resignation. As with any country, there's a lot of variations and some places are much better/worse, but it's a thing.

Anyway, you wonder if there's any way for teams like this to actually be able to stay together and make several games. There's only so many years you can spend in your life eating leftover pringles working overtime while renting a cardboard box.

Suicidal

Arcane
They really should. I'd drop some cash on a Troubleshooter 2 Kickstarter now that I've played the first and have faith in the devs and their work ethic and I'm sure many people would as well.

I'd rather they make a completely new Troubleshooter game with a new story and content even if it's going to be a reskin of the TS 1, instead of adding new content to TS 1 bit by bit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom