Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children - isometric tactical Korean SRPG

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
oIsDI5Z.jpg

All the dudes on Albus' team are so androgynous it might as well be true

Leton_01.gif

Nutmeg

Arcane
Vatnik Wumao
That's around the point when the game starts to really ramp up in challenge, around level 15. However, if that's how you're getting through missions, you've either been grinding a bunch or you're not actually playing on Hard.

Also highly likely troll account.
For an experienced SRPG player, the game is very easy on cruel without any modifiers and without playing challenge mode. I am now playing always challenge mode + cruel + high risk high reward + limits to growth + mind body unity + paranoid + fetter of the past and it's much better. Also self imposed challenge condition of never repeating missions and playing them as soon as they're available.

Strongly recommend these settings to anyone who has played e.g. Fire Emblems for S ranks before.

Tse Tse Fly

Savant
Itching to restart it from the beginning (156 hours already logged in the current playthrough notwithstanding) since I've spoiled like 65% of the game for myself because of the joke difficulty thanks to overlevelling

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I like that the game is more story and character driven than i expected. If this is a big game, then i need to be invested in the fiction. Excellent mechanics can easily sustain a 50 hour game, but for me, a long game need more than mechanics. But i am satisfied with the writing so far. ( just beat the dogs on the highway. Only sion is in my permanent team) translation isn't the best, but i survived the whole 90s jrpg era so whatever

Yeah the story was a surprise for me. It took a while to get into first time round because it's told so non-linearly, and I was more into the mastery system and the tactical gameplay; but on my recent, second playthrough I really concentrated on the story and it was all making more sense. It's actually quite good as far as games go, and has the full gamut of emotional ups and downs.

You've got a huge amount of fun ahead of you :)

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Had a nostalgic moment.

Shoutout to this game being one of the best RPGs of the last 5 years. Love it so much.

Nutmeg

Arcane
Vatnik Wumao
It's getting easy again even with all the difficulty modifiers. Here's my level 15 bloodwalker build for Sion, which has lowered the difficulty of this part of the game tremendously (around the end of chapter 2).

NnAplZH.png

Final resistance in particular synergizes very well with bloodwalker. Will be giving him defensive choice level 17, just to make him even more tanky.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
It's getting easy again even with all the difficulty modifiers. Here's my level 15 bloodwalker build for Sion, which has lowered the difficulty of this part of the game tremendously (around the end of chapter 2).

NnAplZH.png

Final resistance in particular synergizes very well with bloodwalker. Will be giving him defensive choice level 17, just to make him even more tanky.

It'll get harder again as you meet new mob types. And wait till you try the Battle Mage sub-class, once you've ranked the sub-class up and gotten all its sub-class masteries it's like a super-tank - plus not quite as much damage as Black Mage, but good enough.

The Common masteries and mastery sets are pretty good up to about your level, but you'll want to start filling in with some of the Elementalist and specialized Black Mage and Battle Mage masteries and sets soon (the Battle Mage sets are the most synergistic in the game, basically you just slot all Battle Mage specialties you get, plus some of the Elementalist, and you more or less can't go wrong, a whole slew of sets just automagically pop together, though lots of refinements in various directions are still possible). Irene also has a Battle Mage sub-class that works similarly, but is more based around roving/skirmishing than tanking for the team, which Sion eventually does superbly.

As the game progresses, you will find that you adjust your builds slowly as you go - e.g. Albus starts off as kind of your main tank, but he eventually becomes an amazing skirmisher/assassin in either of his sub-classes (though they play very differently).

The Lightning sp masteries and sets for Sion are great too (note what his main Lightning sp mastery does up top left and build in the Lightning masteries around that to start with), but they really only go with the Black Mage to any great extent, the Battle Mage doesn't have much use for them. Generally the sp masteries for all the characters (Lightning, Fire, Wind, etc.) seem unimportant at first, but they start to work their way into builds eventually.

Also note that once you've fully unlocked both sub-classes for a character, the abilities that were formerly specialized unlocks towards the end of levelling up the sub-classes become available to either class, and most builds mix and match abilities from both sub-classes in both builds.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
Regular Update
Posted
Mon, December 12
[Notice] Next Update Schedule Announcement
[Notice] Next Update Schedule Announcement

Hello everyone, this is Troubleshooter development team.

First of all, we apologize for the delay in updating due to our lack of ability.

The next update will follow the timetable below:

• Daylight saving time is not applied.
  • Date: December 23th, 2022
  • Friday 12:00 ~ 14:00 CET
  • Friday 20:00 ~ 22:00 JST
  • Friday 03:00 ~ 05:00 PST
  • Friday 11:00 ~ 13:00 UTC

The update is being delayed, but we will do our best to repay you with pleasant content.

I hope you all have a healthy and happy end of the year.

Thank you.

Rafidur

Learned
Wow the game suddenly got much more difficult when the white tiger started showing up. Good thing at least, it was too easy before.
There's a violent case where you face all of their bosses at once in a giant fuckpile. Very tough at appropriate levels.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
My current build is so focused on offense because the previous enemies barely hits any damage, so i am struggling when the snipers started coming and hits hard. Might need to make new mastery board. level 27 ish rn.

Albus focus on countering, with retaliation and bleeding.
Sion is a a aoe magic damage dealer
Irene is a speedy counter with the distance mastery set for rescuing/looting chests.
Anne is all purpose support/damage dealer witch since her attacks are surprisingly good.
Heixing is a glass canon AOE sweeper.

Lhynn

Arcane
Best thing to do against snipers is just carrying a whole bunch of smoke grenades, they become your bread and butter and make your melees job much, much easier.

Nutmeg

Arcane
Vatnik Wumao
Don't really know how snipers work quite yet but I just played "Strength competition" and they posed very little threat. In fact, I'd say they made the mission easier. They need 2 turns to shoot, and this is disruptable.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom