Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Nines

Learned

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
I suppose you're near-blind with rage caused by people disagreeing with your opinions and must have missed that otherwise fairly obvious fact.

I was referring to Doctor Whatever on the previous page, not to what you said, although you are the king fanboy of this game, hands down.
But anyway, yeah, I'm the one blinded by rage whenever someone dares to criticize anything about this game. For fuck's sake you get butthurt even if the walking speed is mentioned because my god if it was faster it would be horrible and whoever wants that doesn't really get the perfection that is this game.

plz stop complaining guise i dont want to hear how this game is not perfect!!!

Not sure how my point of view can be considered fanboy, or why you're so upset about it. Still playing the game so I'm not saying a lot about how much I like this or that. I am into combat mechanics a lot though so I give my views on the combat while I am playing. Really not sure why so much heat surrounds a fucking cooldown; it just doesn't seem rational to me.

Lhynn

Arcane
DC question

Do i have to kill faceless? they wont let me progress.

Don't talk to the faceless commander if the faceless are neutral on your first encounter with them in the DC unless you:

1) Helped the injured faceless in the Drop Zone
2) Did not attack the faceless in Rail Crossing/Let them kill Buzzer or diplomatically convinced them to spare Buzzer's life and leave.
3) Helped the faceless looking for the artifact near the Foundry
4) Avoided attacking the faceless in the Institute of Tchort and just fled to the elevator as soon as you could

If you did all of those things I believe that the Faceless commander will give you some quests and let you freely explore the faceless controlled areas. Otherwise you're better off never talking to their commander so they stay neutral forever and won't bother you either.

Not sure if #4 is necessary.
Well, they were neutral but werent letting me pass, so they had to go.

hell bovine

Arcane
In other words: THE MAP HAS BEEN UPDATED! (yes, it warrants capslock)

thread: http://underrail.com/forums/index.php?topic=1814.0
direct link: http://i.imgur.com/Fbp9d1b.png

All the credit for this fantastic work goes to Pipboy. (chances are deep caverns will be included too! :D)
http://i.picpar.com/iBEb.png

I like this map more, but unfortunately it's incomplete yet.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=594992050
The more the better, thanks!

Lhynn

Arcane
Alright, as promised this are my stats and all my shit when i got to the deep caverns.

DC is fairly easy with it, mostly auto attack if theres just 1 enemy. the only thing thats often a problem are the
ninja psi anti-psi commandos that always attack first
because they seem designed to anti my character, they still go down, but i cant imagine how it would be if i had to fight several of them in a closed space.

Last edited:

Inf0mercial

Augur
Alright, as promised this are my stats and all my shit when i got to the deep caverns.

2016_01_08_00001.jpg

2016_01_08_00002.jpg

2016_01_08_00003.jpg

2016_01_08_00004.jpg

2016_01_08_00005.jpg

2016_01_08_00006.jpg

2016_01_08_00007.jpg

2016_01_08_00008.jpg
DC is fairly easy with it, mostly auto attack if theres just 1 enemy. the only thing thats often a problem are the
because they seem designed to anti my character, they still go down, but i cant imagine how it would be if i had to fight several of them in a closed space.
Would like to read but my vision is only human and i can't read 20 pixel pictures.

ArchAngel

Arcane
So much fanbotting, it's amazing. Now it's being a "neckbeard" if you criticize it. Only cool kids like Roguey like everything 100% about this game, the rest are neckbeards. Motherfucking period.
I like the game a lot, but I hope Darth Roxor thrashes it in a review just for the butthurt it would cause to these motherfuckers.

Dude, nobodys sayin' this game is perfect, no game is. There's been several arguments in this thread naming some of the shortcomings of the game, even from the supposed "fanboys".

Calm yourself, sir.
It is very close to it. But Deep Caverns have to really terrible to not make me think so. I am not in Institute, exploding less well kept parts of it and everything so far and before now has been pretty awesome with only a layer of polish needed to some parts of the game (and some quests made to make a bit more sense like the main quest in Core City and Beast quest).

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Free Drones quest initiation seems to be broken for me, and for others too according to a Google search.

I found it very odd that I've done everything in Lower Underrail and currently working on Upper without ever having seen hide nor hair of Free Drones. Checked the wiki; after finding out that the Protectorate train bandits are Free Drones, letting them be, and lying to Herve (which I did), a "Mysterious Lady" is supposed to appear at a Lower Underrail station.

I've been to many Lower Underrail stations and never seen her, so I can only conclude something is wrong.
I found her when traveling to the Core City station with the metro. She's a few clicks to the southwest when you exit the metro.

everything in this post
and people say the Underrail font is hard to read on larger monitors

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
Well since I'd consider myself done with this thing despite not having actually finished it, I'mma do a mini-review.....

So to boil this down, Underrail seems about as good as everyone other CRPG I have seen you comment on.

hell bovine

Arcane

2016_01_08_00001.jpg

2016_01_08_00002.jpg

2016_01_08_00003.jpg

2016_01_08_00004.jpg

2016_01_08_00005.jpg

2016_01_08_00006.jpg

2016_01_08_00007.jpg

2016_01_08_00008.jpg
Would like to read but my vision is only human and i can't read 20 pixel pictures.
I think... it's a psi build? If you squint, you can see the colors of the icons in the quickslots. But I can't decipher what's in his hands.

Lhynn

Arcane

2016_01_08_00001.jpg

2016_01_08_00002.jpg

2016_01_08_00003.jpg

2016_01_08_00004.jpg

2016_01_08_00005.jpg

2016_01_08_00006.jpg

2016_01_08_00007.jpg

2016_01_08_00008.jpg
I think... it's a psi build? If you squint, you can see the colors of the icons in the quickslots. But I can't decipher what's in his hands.
Uh sorry, edited it, forgot to put the links.

Inf0mercial

Augur

2016_01_08_00001.jpg

2016_01_08_00002.jpg

2016_01_08_00003.jpg

2016_01_08_00004.jpg

2016_01_08_00005.jpg

2016_01_08_00006.jpg

2016_01_08_00007.jpg

2016_01_08_00008.jpg
Uh sorry, edited it, forgot to put the links.

K huh why do you have so many SGS credits lol? Are you just too lazy to using them in sgs instead of charons them manually?

Hmmm what was the plan with this? Psychokineses makes sense for unarmed but the thought control? Pity the dodge/evasion chance is capped at a certain point.

Otherwise nice i am doing an unarmed no psi run and i think i will next do an actual straight out pure psi like blaine is atm.

Lhynn

Arcane
K huh why do you have so many SGS credits lol? Are you just too lazy to using them in sgs instead of charons them manually?
Nope, i just never needed the money past a certain point, and i went back to SGS regularly because they have the best psi components.

Hmmm what was the plan with this? Psychokineses makes sense for unarmed but the thought control? Pity the dodge/evasion chance is capped at a certain point.
Youd be surprised at how much you need dodge and evasion, especially with high dexterity enemies and the deep caverns debuff. As for thought control, its for pseudo spatial projection, Its kind of an on demand uncanny dodge with 5 times its duration that also works against ranged attacks. It does work against less attacks, but its a very valuable power nontheless, especially because it also works as a pre battle buff and works beautifully with evasion/dodge+shields.

circ

Arcane
Why is booze so heavy? First you gotta work to get money to buy it and then you gotta carry it. It's exhausting.

As for the game? I like some parts, I dislike others. If I were to use an overused codex catchphrase, I'd go with mediocre. LOL ONE GAI MADE IT FOR 7 YEARS. 7 YEARS YOU FUCK JEW. Um so what? More time could have been put into the story because the pacing's awful - first you gotta do some newbie-ry quests, even though you just finished an optional tutorial, thus spend hours until the game gives you access to areas that should be more interesting but because the quests ain't all dat, and of the way combat uses scenery it's disappointing. I can forgive a lot and I have. I've walked like a walking man, whatever that means. I've put up with interface issues and bunch of other things. Whatever. But overall? Not a modern classic.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Why is booze so heavy? First you gotta work to get money to buy it and then you gotta carry it. It's exhausting.

As for the game? I like some parts, I dislike others. If I were to use an overused codex catchphrase, I'd go with mediocre. LOL ONE GAI MADE IT FOR 7 YEARS. 7 YEARS YOU FUCK JEW. Um so what? More time could have been put into the story because the pacing's awful - first you gotta do some newbie-ry quests, even though you just finished an optional tutorial, thus spend hours until the game gives you access to areas that should be more interesting but because the quests ain't all dat, and of the way combat uses scenery it's disappointing. I can forgive a lot and I have. I've walked like a walking man, whatever that means. I've put up with interface issues and bunch of other things. Whatever. But overall? Not a modern classic.
I seen so many little details in this game that prove you otherwise. Little details that modern games just don't bother with but makes RPGs awesome. Things like random NPCs changing their click on text depending on what you did, how many conversations have different (new) options depending on what you accomplished so far. Or that you can read a joke from random click on NPCs and then get to repeat that joke to dialogue tree NPCs.
The writer went to extra effort to give each dialogue tree NPC something extra, they act different or have some special description. You can often ask them about it, you get a little backstory from many. It JUST.DOES.NOT.EXIST.IN.MODERN.RPG unless that character is some important NPC or your companion.
For example: Two barkeepers in CC: Moe and the girl in Upper Underrail Station. There is no quest around it, no XP to gain and no items to get. Only cool backstory for totally non important NPCs.
And the game is chock full of such stuff. I have not seen something like this for I don't know how long.

And people that complain about story and characters, I have no clue what games are you comparing this one to? Because this game has better dialogues than PoE, WL2 and all AAA RPGs combined (I didn't play AoD). Out of modern RPGs to me only SRR: Dragonfall can compete.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
You think UR has better dialogue than PoE, WL2 etc. but think SRR: DragonFall (The fucking WORST of them all) has better? Lol wtf.

Nigga what you smoking

ArchAngel

Arcane
You think UR has better dialogue than PoE, WL2 etc. but think SRR: DragonFall (The fucking WORST of them all) has better? Lol wtf.

Nigga what you smoking
SRR: HK is worst. Dragonfall DC is awesome. My goty 2014.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom