Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Discussion in 'Underrail' started by Blaine, Dec 18, 2015.

1. Tygrende Learned

Tygrende
    Come on, you didn't need even a single 150+ plate. You just really wanted them. Personally I order 3 sets and just go with the best one I get, it's just a few %/points of DR/DT.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  
  2. Parabalus Arcane

Parabalus
    The scalings were nerfed/normalized, now I'd agree with you.

^ Top  
  3. Tygrende Learned

Tygrende
    By the way, the future economy changes solve the "a single electronic item from mid-game on buy out the puny 500 coins merchants have" problem to a degree if you are playing on Hard/DOMINATING.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Parabalus Arcane

Parabalus
    That'll just reduce the shit you dump at their feet, hopefully by enough.

How much does the jet ski cost in the alpha? More or less than the house?

^ Top  
  5. Black Angel Arcane

Black Angel
    Actually, I don't even see where the inspirations from MMOs came from, and that's what baffles me. Is it the cooldowns? The way the UIs is designed so that you can put 30-40 items, abilities, and spells on a shortcut? Some kill quests like having to kill 30 Rathounds? Is merchant restock timers even a thing in MMOs? I don't get it, is all.

• Yes Yes x 1
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. HeatEXTEND Cipher Patron

HeatEXTEND
    "stop smelling your own farts"
    "OMG game is so easy"
    Right.
    And the game is perfectly playable without CE unless you have ADHD or some shit.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. HeatEXTEND Cipher Patron

HeatEXTEND
    wut

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 2
    • Old Old x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. orcinator Savant

orcinator
    The density on display here is kinda stunning.
    Now I guess I have to explain it since it does seem like you've played neither underrail nor any beth game; You see it actually is possible to sell almost every item in Underrail, but you don't want to because it's too much work for little reward. This is in fact not all that different different from selling every item in bethgame because that also involves too much work for little reward. *gasp* You even have to look at the weight to cost ratio in bethgame too because you're still spending time hauling crap. Underrail does require you to spend a lot more time if you want to sell stuff but Underrail requires you to spend a lot of time to do anything.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • butthurt butthurt x 1
    • WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Tygrende Learned

Tygrende
    There is going to be a lot of different jet skis with vastly different prices, from extremaly cheap to extremaly expensive. I'll put it this way: you probably won't be able to afford the most expensive one without Mercantile.

• nice nice x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. orcinator Savant

orcinator
    progress bars in turn based combat

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Parabalus Arcane

Parabalus
    Did the house get any use except the work benches?

^ Top  
  12. Tygrende Learned

Tygrende
    I don't think so.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Wayward Son Fails to keep valuable team members alive

Wayward Son
    Hell, I'm a zoomer with shit attention span and I find it perfectly playable.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Old Old x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Fenix Cipher Vatnik

Fenix
    Right. And you can counter that with Mercantile skill - if you wish.

True, despite me being eternal minmaxer it's true.

Are we allowed to say this? :despair:

^ Top  
  15. Tygrende Learned

Tygrende
    Styg leaked that one himself by accident, so technically I'm not leaking anything :)

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. AwesomeButton Cut a deal with the authorities Patron

AwesomeButton
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Yeah, what happened to merchants in games refusing to take items which wouldn't fit their specialty. This was implemented even in BGII. I remember being constantly annoyed with PoE/II's principle of "all items are worth the same amount to every merchant". Surprised that someone could consider it better.

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    • Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. orcinator Savant

orcinator
    Because Spore

^ Top  
  18. Black Angel Arcane

Black Angel
    Nah, it's just that I don't have much experience with MMOs, so I just can't relate with anything you're saying.

See? It all sounds like your brain had too much MMO, that you're complaining when Underrail tries to cut off your habit of literally taking anything that's not nailed down to the walls and the floors, and wait around like a fucktard for merchants to restock, instead of just play the damn game.
    You must be really dumb to say that trying to sell *almost* every item in Underrail give little reward, because when I played the game *normally*, going around after I'm done with a quest or exploration to sell items that I can and buying stuff I want that happened to be in stock rewards me a lot with shit ton of cash, supplies of meds and drugs, high quality crafting components and decent equipment before I get around to craft my own stuff. I can only imagine an MMO-junkie literally trying to exhaust every single coin, supplies, components, and equipment would be rewarded with anything they could ever want.... or not, if you're unlucky, so I never try any of that bullshit.

Now, tell me, *WHY* should I sell every items I had my hands on? Before you turn around my question, I'm *NOT* gonna sell every items I get my hands on, because not only it's tedious forcing myself to try taking literally everything that's not nailed to the walls and the floors, but also because merchants only pocket limited amount of cash AND they have restock timer, so instead of fussing over *WHY* I can't buy and sell everything any time I want, I just go ahead and play the game.

You can set combat speed all the way to 1000% since, I don't know, 2017, I guess?

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    ^ Top  
  19. Whisper Arcane Vatnik

Whisper
    When this new explansion get released?

• Despair Despair x 2
    • Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 2
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. EnthalpyFlow Learned Patron

EnthalpyFlow
    Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    TBA

• Despair Despair x 2
    ^ Top  
  21. Stavrophore Liturgist

Stavrophore
    Does opportunist feat work with psi abilities like cryostasis/neural overload? Same for recklessness, does it add critical chance to psi abilities? Styg you really need the descriptions to be more specific. Ive never played psi character and the lack of info is quite jarring.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
    ^ Top  
  22. Black Angel Arcane

Black Angel
    No, and no. The descriptions ARE quite specific
    http://www.underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Recklessness
    http://www.underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Opportunist

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Fenix Cipher Vatnik

Fenix
    Their description WAS unclear before, but now it's super-clear as stated above.

^ Top  
  24. orcinator Savant

orcinator
    I see you used your limited mental abilities to craft a strawman instead of an argument. Well you actually strengthened my argument since you yourself said you can make yourself stronger by selling stuff but don't have to since you don't need to be that strong. You also failed to realize you're just describing playing a bethgame in a time efficient manner. Bethgame would just requires you to visit one trader and dump all your (high weight to value)crap there instead of making a tour through the market(and dropping any excess stuff at their feet).

I didn't know that since I originally played the game around release (2015) and just went with cheat engine from the start in my more recent attempt. Too bad that doesn't affect all those out of combat progress bars nor the run speed.
    Hey you know what genre has long progress bars fucking everywhere?
    Show Spoiler
    it's going to shock you
    Show Spoiler
    M
    Show Spoiler
    M
    Show Spoiler
    Os

• cool story bro cool story bro x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. ortucis Prophet

ortucis
    Seriously this fucking game's UI and shit trading..

If the trading wasn't bad enough, you have to deal with the Microsoft Paint level of icons designed for ants.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Those lit items in your inventory? The guy gutting up the same fucking creature forever, won't buy them. They have red crosses applied on them which pretty much blend in with the background to make it more fun. Nine fucking hours I still end up double clicking on these items. You have to slow down to the level of a retard to observe those faded out red crosses. Why the fuck are the crosses transparent? Why not just make the whole fucking item grey or fade it out like everything else if it can't be sold?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This one's my favorite. The fucking grenade icon looks pretty much similar when you're quickly browsing inventory. I bought 6 grenades and when I was down in the caves dealing with like 4 PSI Beatles, feeling cocky that I can take them out with my nades, I throw the only grenade in utility slot damaging them.. and then I realized that I should have 6 more, but the slot was empty.

Apparently I bought 6 fucking grenade cases, not actual grenades. Nice job with the icons and color scheme. There are two fucking bear traps with different colors by apparently that's too much work to make a grenade case different color than actual grenade.

QOL changes, this game needs them.

• retadred x 9
    • Funny x 4
    • cuck x 2
    • (autism) x 2
    • :M x 2
    • Brofist x 1
    • Participation Award x 1
    • cool story bro x 1
    • butthurt x 1
    • /facepalm/ x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.