Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

MpuMngwana

Arbiter
I've found myself in a bit of a pickle.

I'm doing my first proper run of Underrail (after a couple false starts), and I've reached Institute of Tchort. I messed up the interview which turned everyone present hostile, so I start massacring my way inside. I reach this important-looking elevator, and summoning it triggers an attack by a bunch of Faceless. They don't seem to appreciate me making their job easier for them, and attack me on sight. There's like 20 of them, I assume I was supposed to be doing quests for Tchortchists so some of the dudes I slaughtered would be helping me out. Sooner or later they always overwhelm me. I haven't put any points in stealth (playing pure psi), so waiting for the elevator to arrive and sneaking in is not an option. I still have an earlier save from a while back, but I'd rather not resort to that options. Any ideas how to kill these guys?

Bergblatstein

Novice
Some fights are better avoided.

You can enter the elevator while in combat, as soon as it arrives. Watch the lights.
If you have Stasis(Temp.Manipulation) that can buy you two rounds and i forgot how many rounds (5?) it takes for the elevator to rise.
E.Shield + maybe some flash nades could help also.

Keep that earlier save, you might not like what you find down there...

Technomancer

Liturgist
Something confusing just happened and I need some help to figure out if it was a bug or not. So there is a mole in the expedition camp and I found him by accident when I pilfered some pockets. I report him in, sell the walkie talkie to Marcus and the spy gets locked in a container. Apparently I prevented kidnapping of the professor and I'm rewarded for it.

And yet kidnapping still happened later somehow...So, is there a second mole in the camp and you can't avoid professor's kidnapping no matter what or it is indeed a bug?

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Something confusing just happened and I need some help to figure out if it was a bug or not. So there is a mole in the expedition camp and I found him by accident when I pilfered some pockets. I report him in, sell the walkie talkie to Marcus and the spy gets locked in a container. Apparently I prevented kidnapping of the professor and I'm rewarded for it.

And yet kidnapping still happened later somehow...So, is there a second mole in the camp and you can't avoid professor's kidnapping no matter what or it is indeed a bug?
It's a bug, you should be able to avoid the kidnapping.

Technomancer

Liturgist
Can you actually run out of pirates? I've been sitting on this spot for 20 minutes straight, they just keep coming. Both ports cleared out, Yahota still says there are "lots of patrols about". There are like 7 more groups killed on other maps too. How many jets do they have, wtf? With a fleet like that, they could take over most of underrail.

QwXxsWr.png

Unwanted

Sweeper

Unwanted
Zionist Agent
Clock in 200 hours pre-Expedition, never complete it.
Finally gave the Serbian Jew his shekels, full price even.
And now instead of going pure Crossbow/Trapper Chad, I'm gonna pussy out and go with something safe like Sniper/Metathermics or even...
fucking tin can AR
I fucking hate myself, but I have to complete this game.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Clock in 200 hours pre-Expedition, never complete it.
Finally gave the Serbian Jew his shekels, full price even.
And now instead of going pure Crossbow/Trapper Chad, I'm gonna pussy out and go with something safe like Sniper/Metathermics or even...
fucking tin can AR
I fucking hate myself, but I have to complete this game.

Sniper/Metathermics

tenor.gif

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Sniper/Metathermics

Is that actually a thing or is it just fucking around for fun?
How does it work, Thermodynamic Destabilization + Aimed Shot? Just one trick?

It's just fucking around for fun.

Sniper perks are designed specifically for initiating combat with a special attack from Stealth.

Thermodynamic Destabilization + Aimed Shot is simply pointless cause most mobs will die from an Aimed Shot attack anyway.

There are not enough skill points to maximize both Sniper and Metathermics potential therefore the most likely result would be a retarded mediocre build.

I'm not saying that it would not work (even on Domination) but I'm pretty sure it would be frustrating on late game.

I wanted to see Sweeper suffer through Expedition but now my plan is spoiled ;)

Black Angel

Arcane
Eh, I can still see Sniper/Metathermics works if you're going some hit-n-run sniper. Seemed counterintuitive for snipers to go hit-n-run, but if it turns out fun, why not? Snipe from stealth the most dangerous target, cryo-orb -> pyrokinesis to wipe out a bulk of the mobs, then play cat-n-mouse with the rest by poking them with regular + Aimed Shots while keeping distances with Cryokinesis.

Bloodeyes

Arcane
I'm about to play this. What's better, oddity or classic XP system? I mean just going on instinct classic sounds better. It's what I'm used to and I never saw anything wrong with that kind of system. Is there any reason to use oddity? How does it change the experience of gameplay?

Drowed

Arcane
I'm about to play this. What's better, oddity or classic XP system? I mean just going on instinct classic sounds better. It's what I'm used to and I never saw anything wrong with that kind of system. Is there any reason to use oddity? How does it change the experience of gameplay?

I'd say it depends on your profile as a player. If you're the type who really likes to explore a lot and checks all the interactive objects in every map, Oddity can be an interesting experience for you, because in a way, it changes the experience you gain in a slightly different curve. In a way, you could argue that this is the "real" experience of Underrail, as Styg really created the game to be.

But being quite honest, if you don't want to take a chance or if you prefer a more traditional experience (and you think the idea of sometimes going through combat without gaining anything isn't very attractive) then I would recommend choosing XP/Classic. It is also more tolerant approach to errors in your build, as ciox has said, since in the worst case scenario you can always appeal to grinding.

Unwanted

Sweeper

Unwanted
Zionist Agent
The game was, dominating wasn't.
Depending on the build anyway, you can do whatever the fuck you want with pure PSI and be able to not fuck it up.

PrettyDeadman

Hey! Did anyone encountered slow loading times bug?
On my pc the game loads very fast, but on my laptop it takes several minutes (2-3), even though the can is on ssd. It's really annoying...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom