Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
The Foundry beast fight seems legitimately unfair on dominating. Are gas grenades seriously the only way to kill the bladelings?

I did it for the dollar fun! Support team died except my character, and shotguns actusally do decent damage to bladelings, and that was before last fix for shotguns that made them stronger.
I posted pics itt where char is standing agains the wall, wounded and last 3 bladelings near him. :shredder:

Is there any comprehensive explanation of shotgun mechanics?

The THC is seemingly capped at 80% for long and 70% for short barrels, and even lower for bursts.

It's simple - every shot shoot many bullets. That's why THC capped, if not shotguns would be mre devastating.

Parabalus

Arcane
It's simple - every shot shoot many bullets. That's why THC capped, if not shotguns would be mre devastating.

But is that THC hard capped or does it arrive organically because of the spread angle of each shotgun?

E.g. point blank with short shotgun gives a capped 70%, do all pellets roll THC against the main target or are some spread out so they don't even roll?

The Foundry beast fight seems legitimately unfair on dominating. Are gas grenades seriously the only way to kill the bladelings?

I did it for the dollar fun! Support team died except my character, and shotguns actusally do decent damage to bladelings, and that was before last fix for shotguns that made them stronger.

No need to use shotguns, since they share the same guns skill use acid blob pistol, like the one from Cornell - full damage and roots them, found it easier than even with PSI.

Black Angel

Arcane

But is that THC hard capped or does it arrive organically because of the spread angle of each shotgun?

E.g. point blank with short shotgun gives a capped 70%, do all pellets roll THC against the main target or are some spread out so they don't even roll?
Does the cap applies even with Leading Shot?

And Ambush, if shotgun can proc it at all?

Parabalus

Arcane

Does the cap applies even with Leading Shot?

Yes, both with leading shot and vs stunned (0 evasion) point blank targets.

Black Angel

Arcane
No fun allowed, then
:negative:

Eh, I guess I'd need an elaborate explanation on how shotgun attack works in this game. Just hardcapping the THC for the sake of balance seems very NFA. If Styg and co wants to balance it so bad, maybe make it so that shotgun attacks and bursts behaves like AoE attacks? And thus target's evasion would work to reduce the damage. But then the damage might came out underwhelming against targets with high evasion. Unless Leading Shot + Ambush or even being stunned can negate evasion's AoE damage reduction?

Parabalus

Arcane
No fun allowed, then

Eh, I guess I'd need an elaborate explanation on how shotgun attack works in this game. Just hardcapping the THC for the sake of balance seems very NFA. If Styg and co wants to balance it so bad, maybe make it so that shotgun attacks and bursts behaves like AoE attacks? And thus target's evasion would work to reduce the damage. But then the damage might came out underwhelming against targets with high evasion. Unless Leading Shot + Ambush or even being stunned can negate evasion's AoE damage reduction?

I'm pretty sure stunning also reduces the AoE damage component, since it drops the effect on ranged THC.

This is particularly easy to check since how much damage is evaded on AoE attacks is written in the combat log.

Dwarvophile

Liturgist
Just bought the expansion. Can I reload my old savegames (from 4 years ago) and directly jump in ? No compatibility issue ?

Shit, the global map doesn't show the places I explored. Is it possible it's because this function was implemented in 2017 and my savegame is from june 2016 ?

On top of that I can't find the maps I had drawn back then. My char is level 15, had explored a lot.

Last edited:

hell bovine

Arcane
They used to, but it got patched. :P

On the topic of the beast, I didn't finish the foundry questline this time. The bladelings in the mines respawn, so I kept themas a source of trance formy cave wizard, but then I discovered Katya sells the ingredients too. So I kind of forgot about the foundry. Turns out that Balor eventually shows up and saves them. :lol:

Danikas

Arcane
Got my butt kicked unexpectedly by the mighty psionic rat.

Its shadows don't disappear when it dies and the shadows can open doors.

:shredder:
I just did this quest, killed his shadow rats with my own psi then unloaded the full mag into the furry bastard.
O68xuFw.png

Parabalus

Arcane
Got my butt kicked unexpectedly by the mighty psionic rat.

Its shadows don't disappear when it dies and the shadows can open doors.

:shredder:
I just did this quest, killed his shadow rats with my own psi then unloaded the full mag into the furry bastard.
O68xuFw.png

I couldn't do it, I had PSI but 0 TC. Also did the quest pretty early so I couldn't blow through its 2k HP and run away from the shadows.

Had to use rathound regalia to skip the fight.

Black Angel

Arcane
Just crafted a decent riot gear (minus the shield since I planned to take Iron Grip later when I can finally use spec points) with a laminated fabric and kevlar cloth. Finally got a taste of what it feels like when surrounded by a pack of dogs/rathounds who can't pierce my high DT, if their attacks aren't blocked by spear guard/fend
so_good.png

Black Angel

Arcane
So I just did the catch the med thief for Doc Aliza (sounds like Alice and her sprite also looks like her :hug:). With only 3 PER (2 because wearing metal helmet) and zero stealth, my option was either waiting for the thief to enter the storage room or put down a bear trap. Since a simple bear trap requires zero traps, I tried putting one. Unfortunately, either he detected it or my placing was off, so I was forced to rush into the room. *Unfortunately*, I failed to dodge my own trap, but managed to detect the thief while in action, then confront him. All the while being caught by own trap.
cCjqOhq.jpg

And then my char dragged himself out into the room complete with the bear trap :lol:

Parabalus

Arcane
Preventing the kidnapping is really downright cool.

Is there any method other than pickpocketing? Noticed NPCs disarm gas grenades now.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Should I wait for the next massive content patch/DLC, or dive in again right now? I previously finished the game as a plasma pistol guy with high int and craftings, with the Expeditions DLC (which I partially completed) but before the content patch that added new missions in core city.

Otherwise I'll just give Pathmaker Kingfinder or whatever it is a second/third chance, I never really liked it but people keep saying it's good so maybe it just needs to click.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Next will be far into the future, dunno, maybe there will be some additions to base game like Core City fractins but when... If not in near future then probably you don; tneed to wait.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom