Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
What did you have invoked mostly? Did you sacrifice 18 WILL for 8 slots?
Stats are 3-3-9-3-3-17-10. Seven slots, specced TC, PC and TM. From PC, it's tele punch, electrokinesis, wall and imprint; from TC overload as my main tool of trade and projection for defense; although I used all TC spells from time to time; TM didn't use much at all.

Sykar

Arcane
Finally finished my full-wizard run on Dom. Solid stuff, nearing endspiel build starts to really wreck stuff; this time, Tchort was dispatched with just two Neural Overloads in one turn, followed by dispatching of Faceless Commander and his group. Early game is tedious, but not hard; middle-game damage starts to really lack but the sheer number of options in combat keeps the level; raw damage catches up closer the the end. With Advanced PE and Hodduform my char had max of 125 HP, but that's more than enough with careful play. Overall, DC went quite smoothly - labyrinth was an absolute cakewalk with Spatial Projection, Forest was fine even without Biosuit due to solid base damage of abilities, Arke wasn't a total pain - late build ceases to be lame against robots. This is my first low-PER build, but it was exactly during this run that I killed Black Crawler for the first time. As it goes, I didn't use any weapons and used very few grenades, without investing in throwing at all; crit-chance was 29% at rest at the level 30, it's not a high-crit build. Hodduform passive "poison through Overload" ability starts to get really useful. Resolve gets so high that flashbangs and breakdowns are resisted most of the time. Don't know what people were raging about, full PSI plays smoothly as shit through a goose.

The complaint is that niche abilities become even more undesirable, the innervate system also rewards hyper-specialization over generalization, switching in combat, theoretically, is a no go because for some reason you loose all your psi points and reserve, not just a part, it severely increases tedium with hardly any benefit and funnels people into using the exact same combo over and over and over. That is the complaint people have criticizing the current iteration, even if they like the basic idea, just not the execution.

Last edited:

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas

Parabalus

Arcane
Before you sign on with one of the companies in Core City.

Why before? Do they go away otherwise?
By the time you meet an oligarch and are dispatched to the research facility, Six will have left Oculus. You can only meet him pre-institute if you make it to Oculus before then.

What can you do with Six when he is at the Oculus? All he does is threaten me.

He'll be a bit more talkative the next time.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik

madhouse

I made a dummy mistake of planning my build around aimed shot when using shotguns... However from what I saw, I really, really like shotguns. I'm thinking of some sort of a pistol/shotgun build with chemical and energy pistols for mid-long range versatility and then moving in with the sprint for the kill with a shotgun blast. Just a really, really silly question that I can't find the answer for on the Wiki: do shotguns incur a move and shoot penalty? I'm guessing no.

EDIT:
https://underrail.info/build/?HgUIB...KgwoMXOQ0mwrDCjwE7Fj7CmEsRwrV3J-Kypgrit7AF378
Going to roll with this.
  1. Shotguns are my finisher. Up close, if possible dirty kick + opportunist + barrel stare.
  2. Pistols for more varied damage and to soften up enemies.
  3. Grenades for AOE, if necessary. I'm especially keen on using flashbangs.
I wish I could invest more INT because I love the crafting system and the bonuses I could get with INT 7 feats, but I don't want perfect to be the enemy of good.

Last edited by a moderator:

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
That's awesome.
Part of me wants Styg and company to implement survival stats into the game based on certain build stats, level, etc. It would make things like bio / chemistry more important and emphasize the importance of settlements and stations, that there is a real safety net there. Plus it would make getting lost in the caves more fear inducing. Give people the option to turn off auto-mapping, add in some sort of food or survival stat, and let us create food with one of the skills.

I think that would make for a completely different feel to the game. More stress and fear, more planning required when leaving a settlement, etc.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
He doesn't know it yet

nkhDx8Gxjyg.jpg

D9TatMJ2Qpc.jpg

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm at the Tchortist's Institute. I'm tempted to kill them all.
:shredder::philosoraptor:

Last edited:

Ghulgothas

Arcane
Aw c'mon, the Tchortists aren't bad, you just need to get to know them better. They've got humanity's best interests at heart, unlike those Faceless Frankenstein Freakazoids.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Aw c'mon, the Tchortists aren't bad, you just need to get to know them better. They've got humanity's best interests at heart, unlike those Faceless Frankenstein Freakazoids.
Hey, man... like I tried to listen to your words. I really did. I thought to myself; this man's words ring true. I know he's a man of loyalty, despite having been a bounty hunter and mercenary. Alas, it was not meant to be. I was trying to be friends with Praepastor Amelia. I tried my damnedest to try and make her happy, but she would have none of it. I was like "Whoah, please, no! I can leave! Just let me leave, and I won't have to do bad things to you!" My pleas fell on death ears. Some guys people came in and they did not seem to have any friendly intentions. What ensued is too horrible to mention. In their honor (I really wanted to become friends with them, you talked me into it!), I am now wearing one of their noble robes. I shall never forget them.

Ghulgothas

Arcane
Hey, man... like I tried to listen to your words. I really did. I thought to myself; this man's words ring true. I know he's a man of loyalty, despite having been a bounty hunter and mercenary. Alas, it was not meant to be. I was trying to be friends with Praepastor Amelia. I tried my damnedest to try and make her happy, but she would have none of it. I was like "Whoah, please, no! I can leave! Just let me leave, and I won't have to do bad things to you!" My pleas fell on death ears. Some guys people came in and they did not seem to have any friendly intentions. What ensued is too horrible to mention. In their honor (I really wanted to become friends with them, you talked me into it!), I am now wearing one of their noble robes. I shall never forget them.
An unfortunate tragedy, fallen upon such virtuous people. No matter, the blood, sweat and tears of the friendships that could've been fester within those robes. They, and the firm tentacle of Tchort, will be with you always.

madhouse

I actually got them all through the sheer virtue of being incredibly stubborn.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom