Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Ghulgothas

Arcane
I have finally got around to installing this. As someone that tends to not have a second playthrough, how good/worth is the DLC?
Essential. It is every aspect of UnderRail pushed to the max, both positive & negative.

Worth it alone for what it adds to character-building irrespective of it's new module.

Jason Liang

Arcane
I have finally got around to installing this. As someone that tends to not have a second playthrough, how good/worth is the DLC?
Essential. It is every aspect of UnderRail pushed to the max, both positive & negative.

Worth it alone for what it adds to character-building irrespective of it's new module.
Underrail has only one enjoyable part, and it isn't in the expansion area.

Mortmal

Arcane

DLC is absolutely fantastic and better in every aspects . Only trouble you may have are horde of critters , that could be tiring with some builds.

CHEMS

Scholar
im unable to describe feeling I have when I see alert that Sheepherder posted something in underrail thread and its not new, fancy build
I'm waiting for styg to grace us with the final patch. Who knows? Maybe we'll get some build defining items, like the Suicide Belt?

You'll get quick tinkering nerfed again. You'll own nothing and you'll be happy.

EoAGwRtWMAQM_FV

CHEMS

Scholar
So i made a fucky punchy guy named FISTO for warming up to the upcoming update THAT SHOULD BE HERE ANY MOMENT NOW...

Interesting build, but boy do it takes a while to come up online. LVL 16 and extremely picky about what encounters should i face, squishy as fuck but slowly dishing real damage

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Oh and just to let people know, Styg posted on the Underrail forums that the entire office will be on vacation till January 17th, so I would say it'll be a while before we get any update or dev log.

CHEMS

Scholar
Oh and just to let people know, Styg posted on the Underrail forums that the entire office will be on vacation till January 17th, so I would say it'll be a while before we get any update or dev log.

A well deserved vacation even though something tells me they're discussing over beer how they're gonna nerf my builds!

Basshead

Educated

Now, I’m a latecomer to the game having started my first play through this past April and just having finished it up around Christmas time. As you probably know, Underrail is a very long game: even without the substantial expansion it took me easily over a hundred hours start to finish. Factoring in the expansion, and dependent upon your available time to game, you could be looking at near an entire to fully complete it. No small commitment. A game of this size is bound the have some slog, particularly deep caverns or the water locusts in the Expedition. In spite of structural changes I would make to some of these areas, they do a fine job of making the revelations and secrets hidden within their depths feel earned and worth it at the end. My attention was firmly held throughout by the intriguing mystery of what happened to this world and it’s inhabitants? The mechanical depth to the combat is even deeper with the expansion and I enjoyed playing a stealth, spec ops smg build with lots of grenades. If I hadn’t had to move and had a new daughter mid play through I’m sure I would have finished much sooner. As varied and cool as many of the builds are, the extreme length does put off the start of new play-throughs for me personally. In spite of this, I found the game to be of high enough quality that it will hold my attention for another playthrough, even if it’s not something I do right away.

Wunderbar

Arcane
DLC is worth it for the new character-building additions (such as Temporal manipulation psi school, as well as two new melee weapon types). The actual new content - Expedition into the Black Sea - isn't all that good imo.

CHEMS

Scholar

CHEMS

Scholar
Freeze and shoot to pieces? Obliterate with beams later. Is that it? I'd squeeze TM anyway :M

It's a crit build that uses freeze as support in the early-mid game. Your main psi hability will be thermodynamic destabilization to transform beefy enemies in powerful live grenades. You'll be doing A LOT of damage from the bolts alone with specced critical power + elemental bolts + sharpshooter. Late game you'll be sitting in almost 100% crit chance (not counting ambush) and being able to shoot a plasma beam for free action points with crit on demand using mania

SHOOP DA WHOOP

NerevarineKing

Learned
I finally beat this game and it was a great experience overall. I had some issues with the final area and my build shredded the final boss, but this is still probably the best CRPG I've played in a long time. It kept up a good amount of challenge, the quests were great, and the combat was a lot of fun.

Basshead

Educated
With some free time to game on this frigid Sunday in the mountains, I am currently trying to squeeze the last drops of content out of Underrail before making a new character or starting War Mongrels. I just yesterday finally updated Underrail to 1.1.4.5. I understand Mr. Styg has patched in some cool dungeons and easter eggs to find scattered throughout the game.

Now, I've done the expansion and deep caverns, so I can end the game at any time. I was just wondering if there was anywhere of note to check out or explore before hitting the ending slides. I checked out the group of Lunatics headed up by Synesthete and enjoyed that interaction. It was a nice touch because Twitch up at the top of Occulus had been complaining about a group of Lunatics trying to reach the mainframe through the caves underneath.

Anywhere or anything else of note for me to check out before making the last choice? Thank you! May you get high, get laid, have fun, and stay warm! all that good shit.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
Basshead got to try it myself, heard this is cool if you are playing on dominating https://www.stygiansoftware.com/wiki/index.php?title=Utility_Tower

probably my favorite place would be https://www.stygiansoftware.com/wiki/index.php?title=Abandoned_Waterway_Facility

also its always fun to go berzerk in fort apogee https://www.stygiansoftware.com/wiki/index.php?title=Fort_Apogee
I assume you did resolve free drones/protectorate

One extra thing you might not be aware is dude quest https://www.stygiansoftware.com/wiki/index.php?title=Dude's_other_quest

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom