Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Vagrus: The Riven Realms - post-apocalyptic fantasy caravan master RPG - now with Old Acquaintances DLC

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
:whatho:

It is not the whole game....the fuck ?! There is missing shit,like races and knowledge victory!
PgDmjiq.png

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Did they fuck up the release or is this as intended?! The most interesting and logical winning condition is missing. It is not something you could just add later and have people be able to achieve it mid game. It will need to discard dozens of hours of gameplay and start over! It is a fucking storyfag game and the storyfag win is missing.....just sad.

Hl08efM.png

This one is not a big deal,but sill,no need to rub it in to player's face.
fbgYd05.png

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/909660/view/2891864927533384946

Vagrus - The Riven Realms is OUT NOW!
After three decades of pen-and-paper campaigns and four years of development Vagrus is now in Full Release

The day is upon us! Vagrus - The Riven Realms is out now!

And by Ahskul what a journey this has been so far. Speaking of which, there is a bit of a parallel here that could be drawn between caravans trudging across a barren, post-apocalyptic dark fantasy world and a tiny studio scrambling to deliver a huge open world game but we let's not go there on this fine day! :D

What's truly important in this whole journey is that it would not have been possible without the continued, constructive, persistent support of so many of you, the players. Everyone who spent hours and hours delving into the Early Access, everyone who dropped a few kind words or a review of the game, shared posts, talked to friends about Vagrus, sent bug reports, pointed out typos, and of course, bought the game - you are what made all this work worth it. If you could keep this up by playing the game and sharing this post we would be eternally grateful.

Size and Content

With companion questlines, a new companion, and a new region, the game grew by about 30-35% compared to the last public Early Access build, with a lot of UI and feature improvements. Because of this large amount, there are certainly still glitches here and there but the team is ready and eager to address those as they rear their ugly heads. We also have some unfinished business regarding the Wealth victory path and the adding of new playable races, which we'll get around to presently.

For a detailed description of what is to come, check out the previous devlog post here. Below you will find the full patch notes, which is basically the same in a bullet point list.

The Future

Because the Riven Realms have been part of our lives in one form or another for 30 years, rest assured that we have no intention of abandoning the game now that 1.0 is out, of course. On the contrary, our plans involve improving mechanics, adding content, and creating DLCs if there is a demand. We'll share more detailed plans when the tumult of the release abates somewhat.

And again, thank you for coming along for the journey with the Lost Pilgrims!

Important Note: Considering the extent of these improvements there is little to no chance that we broke nothing in the process. Assume that we did not want to make anyone's life harder. If you see something amiss, please flag it to us using the usual channels, like the inbuild reporting tool (F1 button) and our Discord server.

Now let's jump into the details:

--------------------------------------------------
Version 1.0

New Content
gift

• The westernmost region of the Searing Plains (with a number of settlements and lots to do)
  • Eylani, a new recruitable Companion added
  • Companion Personal Storylines (for all 9 available Companions)
  • Wyrm War Storyline (a long, late game storyline)

User Interface Improvements
pencil

• Most of the UI was completely overhauled (Crew, Settlements, Companion Perks)
  • New Conditions tab on the Crew UI
  • Now you can track the Loyalty status of your Companions (Companion pane)

New/Updated Features
shiny

• Equipment tooltip improvements (Lances, Guard Animals)

Bug Fixes
bug

• In Crew Combat, when checking actions that involve Companion Combat, the number of maximum deployable Companions is now visible
  • Hunting and Foraging now has quantity caps
  • Multiple types of wheels can not be equipped at the same time (sorry!)
  • Outrider-related background calculations are updated
  • Workforce calculations are updated
  • Disappearing settings in the Options fixed
  • Traverse button random deactivation fixed
  • No longer will loosing a Deputy slot unassign all Deputies
  • Fixed the bug that caused Tasks to disappear after using the Exploit Leadership Perk
  • Encourage button fixed
  • Banners will not carry over to new games (sorry!)
  • Fixed the bug that allowed Equipment to be equipped in a locked slot
  • The market of The Last Oasis now restocks its goods over time (finally!)
  • Prowess tooltip in Events fixed

Known Issues:
  • Slight performance issue in certain stages of the game
  • Loading times on certain hardware take a bit long
  • Some NPC portraits in late stages of certain storylines are missing

Coming Up Next
  • Wealth Victory and outpost building storylines' later stages (so that you can complete them and win the game)
  • The two crime syndicates will each receive a glorious leader and a quest
  • New playable races
  • More leader portraits

Stay tuned and conquer the wasteland!
- The Lost Pilgrims Team

jackofshadows

Magister
Did they fuck up the release or is this as intended?! The most interesting and logical winning condition is missing. It is not something you could just add later and have people be able to achieve it mid game. It will need to discard dozens of hours of gameplay and start over! It is a fucking storyfag game and the storyfag win is missing.....just sad.

Hl08efM.png

fbgYd05.png
Jesus, this is so embarassing. Somewhat similiar stuff in Solasta (literaly useless skills from PnP still in the game) was just slightly stupid but here we have a new low. Just make a damned announce and add the stuff later. And then they post "Vagrus is now in Full Release" later :roll:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Hl08efM.png

fbgYd05.png
Jesus, this is so embarassing. Somewhat similiar stuff in Solasta (literaly useless skills from PnP still in the game) was just slightly stupid but here we have a new low. Just make a damned announce and add the stuff later. And then they post "Vagrus is now in Full Release" later :roll:
The worst part is that the storyfag story win is missing. I mean.....that is the fucking core of the game,it stands to reason that you fucking do it first before going for building strongholds and shit.

Sztaszov

Lost Pilgrims
Developer
Hey Guys,
we have development ambitions for years ahead. We have been sharing those aspirations with fans who followed the development and so we decided to keep in the game the ones that are within a year's reach (like the knowledge win) so people would know that we are not stopping with content creation and improvements. Obviously, we are a tiny studio so we won't be able to keep up a live-service-like content stream but on our level, and of course, staying in Early Access is not financially feasible forever (unless the game is a big success in EA already).

The new races are actually ready but we did not have time to test them and so they will be included in the first patch in 2-3 days.
The wealth ambition will likely get into the second patch only. We had a simplistic design that we could have put in but decided to go further even if that meant missing the launch date with that feature.

It's our first game and neither Vagrus nor is our team perfect. We are dedicated and persistent, though, and Vagrus has hundreds of hours of content in it, so we are proud to have reached this point despite self-publishing the game.

Thanks, cheers,
The Lost Pilgrims team

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Hey Guys,
we have development ambitions for years ahead. We have been sharing those aspirations with fans who followed the development and so we decided to keep in the game the ones that are within a year's reach (like the knowledge win) so people would know that we are not stopping with content creation and improvements. Obviously, we are a tiny studio so we won't be able to keep up a live-service-like content stream but on our level, and of course, staying in Early Access is not financially feasible forever (unless the game is a big success in EA already).

The new races are actually ready but we did not have time to test them and so they will be included in the first patch in 2-3 days.
The wealth ambition will likely get into the second patch only. We had a simplistic design that we could have put in but decided to go further even if that meant missing the launch date with that feature.

It's our first game and neither Vagrus nor is our team perfect. We are dedicated and persistent, though, and Vagrus has hundreds of hours of content in it, so we are proud to have reached this point despite self-publishing the game.

Thanks, cheers,
The Lost Pilgrims team
That is not the point,mate. We all bought in to that and don't expect like AAA flashy shit. The point is that you fucked up the release presentation. Would have been better if you put out the three races even if a bit buggy and patched in the bugs in a day or two. Now you expect people to wait three days or start up a new game to play those races. Also you didn't clean up tooltips that say that it is still an early access game. Like this :
0I8tKRK.png

Playing the game i constantly wonder if this a full game or an EA version. How am i to know if i could level them up to max ???

It is obvious that you will have more shit to polish up and add with expansions/dlc or just patches. But that doesn't mean you should splash it all around when you are fucking releasing a supposedly finished game.

The game i still grate,but you really fucked up the release presentation lol. Anyway,wish you good luck with the whole deal and healthy future.

Zeriel

Arcane

It is not the whole game....the fuck ?! There is missing shit,like races and knowledge victory!
PgDmjiq.png

PgDmjiq.png
Another rushed early access then, i'll wait , enough of that.

It already has more content than most full games. Also the races/backgrounds are just stat configs/alternatives as far as I've seen.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
It already has more content than most full games. Also the races/backgrounds are just stat configs/alternatives as far as I've seen.
But not being able to rise stats above level 2 for companions is not. They did fuck up the release,there is not ignoring it.

jackofshadows

Magister
It already has more content than most full games.
That's not what this is about. The point is that some released games after the EA look like they aren't actually been released, it is so tiresome. Mind you, when the game look like it's been actually released at first but then turns out that wasn't really the case is even worse but this is just annoying. I get people who like have backlog or prefer waiting for other reasons but I personally like to play right away most of the times. Will wait a bit then, I guess.

I play plenty of EA games so I'm ok with various stuff when it's directly related to its state but here devs decided to take these stupid half-measures which plainly sucks.

Zeriel

Arcane
That's not what this is about. The point is that some released games after the EA look like they aren't actually been released, it is so tiresome. Mind you, when the game look like it's been actually released at first but then turns out that wasn't really the case is even worse but this is just annoying. I get people who like have backlog or prefer waiting for other reasons but I personally like to play right away most of the times. Will wait a bit then, I guess.

I play plenty of EA games so I'm ok with various stuff when it's directly related to its state but here devs decided to take these stupid half-measures which plainly sucks.

I just think you guys are mistaken. "Wrong" tooltips do not make something inherently unready for release, neither do them showing you what is going to be added to the game in future. In my opinion the content and experience that was in the game in the EA build before this one was already more complete than many finished games, so I just find it autistic nit-picking, especially if you are making that judgment sight unseen. If you want to wait for a more polished and complete experience that's fine, I just don't think it's accurate to say this is a very unfinished or bad product as it stands.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

I just think you guys are mistaken. "Wrong" tooltips do not make something inherently unready for release, neither do them showing you what is going to be added to the game in future. In my opinion the content and experience that was in the game in the EA build before this one was already more complete than many finished games, so I just find it autistic nit-picking, especially if you are making that judgment sight unseen. If you want to wait for a more polished and complete experience that's fine, I just don't think it's accurate to say this is a very unfinished or bad product as it stands.
No wrong tooltips,you can't fucking level up your companion pass level 2!

Zeriel

Arcane

Bro, that's the tutorial campaign. You can't level your companion past level 2 because you're not supposed to. In the main campaign, you can level them all the way to max. The bigger boxes represent loyalty mission thresholds. You have to do their stories to unlock the thresholds.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Bro, that's the tutorial campaign. You can't level your companion past level 2 because you're not supposed to. In the main campaign, you can level them all the way to max. The bigger boxes represent loyalty mission thresholds. You have to do their stories to unlock the thresholds.
Nope,i did a bunch of their quest and still can't level them up above level 2 .

I still don't quite understand, is it the Wealth or the Knowledge Ambition that needs to be patched in, or both? People seem to say both at various times in the above conversations.... but I am not sure if that is true or what is the actual situation...

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
How the fuck to get rid of crowded camps ??? It is retarded stat that limits the size of me caravan for no fucking reason.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I still don't quite understand, is it the Wealth or the Knowledge Ambition that needs to be patched in, or both? People seem to say both at various times in the above conversations.... but I am not sure if that is true or what is the actual situation...
The knowledge is not in the game at all,the wealth seems like it is not finished.

The knowledge is not in the game at all,the wealth seems like it is not finished.
I see, thanks...I guess I will wait to start my game until the wealth one is patched in at least which sounds like it won't be that long I think.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
The most retarded battle i have seen....they also have 95% of evading. Also take a guess at how many magical attacks there is in me group.

VOVmKby.png

Zeriel

Arcane
It's almost like there is a God those domain is Death who you can get blessings from... :M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom