Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Indie Vampire Syndicate: Gangs of MoonFall - Hybrid FPP/Overhead Turn-based Cyberpunk Vampire RPG

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Sample party. Please excuse the usual early dev stuff like floatiness and placeholders, a lot of work needs to go into the combat system.

regdfghfhgf.png

The thought is that you can hire and customize your crew, and they'll have permadeath. There will be more traditional companions that have dialogue, you can fuck 'em, etc.

Thinking about applying that to the custom/randomized crew too. But that will be a mountain of work.

Bros, I'm gonna need so much money for this, it's actually kinda funny.

:shredder:

Vincente

Arbiter
Are you thinking of having/AI-ing art for crew members or will you use their ingame models? The aesthetics look pretty cool.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
You could always try Patreon, or IndieGoGo non-fixed funding campaign.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Are you thinking of having/AI-ing art for crew members or will you use their ingame models? The aesthetics look pretty cool.

I don't have any plans for AI art, I am planning on going the AAA route of full character customization, and if I'm already doing that, I guess I'll apply it for the companions too.

It'll more than likely be a giant pain in my ass, so it's a feature that depends on funding.

You could always try Patreon, or IndieGoGo non-fixed funding campaign.

My experience has been that IndieGoGo lacks the audience and Patreon is great but ultimately incentivizes you to build your business around them.

This promotes bad business practices, such as the below.
That would just lead to more pandering to ever more degenerate stuff.

Historically, this has just led to people paying me for more blondes with larger tits, and that's degeneracy I'm on board with.

RaggleFraggle

Ask me about VTM
How about making a dungeoncrawler with a provisional story first, like Bloodlust Shadowhunter, then steadily add campaign DLC?

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
How about making a dungeoncrawler with a provisional story first, like Bloodlust Shadowhunter, then steadily add campaign DLC?
Tyranicon does not do provisional stories. Story and worldbuilding are his strengths. At least that's how it was in his games released up to now (don't know much about the recent parody game yet, waiting for the full release).

Vincente

Arbiter
I am planning on going the AAA route of full character customization, and if I'm already doing that, I guess I'll apply it for the companions too.
I personally think having already established characters with already established looks/designs is far more memorable than being able to make a Create-a-Waifu as your companion. Think of Icewind Dale - Baldurs Gate.

ropetight

Savant
I am planning on going the AAA route of full character customization, and if I'm already doing that, I guess I'll apply it for the companions too.
I personally think having already established characters with already established looks/designs is far more memorable than being able to make a Create-a-Waifu as your companion. Think of Icewind Dale - Baldurs Gate.
Why not both?
It was one of the better things in the Wasteland 2.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Why not both?
It was one of the better things in the Wasteland 2.
One of my pet peeves in RPGs is that certain games force you to stick with their cringe lord donut steel characters, or otherwise make custom party members hard to get, or make them ugly as shit and noncustomizable (launch BG3, why the fuck you do this?).

I just like having the option, if possible.

Also it makes a lot of sense as the base gameplay loop is probably more similar to Battle Brothers than anything else. Assemble a crew, take on dangerous jobs, do crime, and get paid.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Have you any release date planned?
No idea. The plan is to have a (non-complete) playable version roughly a year after funding has been secured, but this is just a goal, not a realistic schedule.

I'm getting pretty good at "eye-balling" development by now though.

Which engine are you using?
Unreal 5.

jaekl

CHUD LIFE
Patron
I heard that if you make all the characters brown gay disabled women aged 38+ then some guy named larry will give you loads of money. Hope this helps buddy.

MerchantKing

Learned
Sample party. Please excuse the usual early dev stuff like floatiness and placeholders, a lot of work needs to go into the combat system.

regdfghfhgf.png

The thought is that you can hire and customize your crew, and they'll have permadeath. There will be more traditional companions that have dialogue, you can fuck 'em, etc.

Thinking about applying that to the custom/randomized crew too. But that will be a mountain of work.

Bros, I'm gonna need so much money for this, it's actually kinda funny.

:shredder:
Will I be able to make a complete custom party?

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Will the final version of your game use AI-generated images? Or are those just for the trailer?

I don't currently have any plans to use AI tech for anything other than marketing.

Like I said before, I prefer working with human creatives but I'm not ideologically opposed to AI stuff either.

MjKorz

Educated
I don't currently have any plans to use AI tech for anything other than marketing.
Great, I don't care about marketing, just not a fan of AI-generated content in game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom