Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Vampire Syndicate: Gangs of MoonFall - Kickstarter now live!

GentlemanCthulhu

Liturgist
Is this true,Tyranicon - did you have the playtest for some pre-alpha demo couple of months ago?
dr-nale-vampire-demo211cfb42de45c2cf.png
The old, very outdated demo is still available. I'm leaving it up so people can get a sense of the writing and world, etc.

Will I be able to remain human and exterminate those filthy demons of cyborgs & vampires?
I am planning paths that don't align with the vampires, but if you want a Deus Vult purge 'em all type deal, you'll have to wait for the Slayer Order game I'm making if this is successful.
I’d honestly take down the old demo. People probably don’t know it’s old and they will be underwhelmed. In fact you should take it down asap if you don’t want it to affect the hype. At least give a clearer indication that it’s old.

S.torch

Liturgist
I should be nicer to other devs from now on. It's not respectable to bitch all the time. I probably can dial back the smugness too, my ego is a problem I have to maintain.
I haven't seen you being unsupportive of other indie devs here in the Codex. I always see you commenting around even in small one-guy threads.

Meanwhile when was the last time an AAA dev noticed an indie dev? Those people don't even give the time of the day to small guys, because they believe themselves to be above the "rabble". Laughing at them is not being smug - just fair.

Mortmal

Arcane
Reconsider.
I’d honestly take down the old demo.

That was my first thought too, but sometimes doing things the unconventional way might be beneficial. I slapped a big warning about the game going through an engine change, etc, now when you start up the demo.

If too many people get confused, I'll remove the demo.
Don't show gameplay, no demo; show trailers, cute vampire chicks, and focus on storytelling—storytelling way above anything else.
Look at this , its just a book with pictures: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/brotherwise/the-stormlight-archive-rpg/comments 10 millions $....
Sell a dream with pretty pictures, sexy girls with haunting voices, and promises you won't even have to fulfill—and you become a millionaire.

ropetight

Savant
Reconsider.
I’d honestly take down the old demo.

That was my first thought too, but sometimes doing things the unconventional way might be beneficial. I slapped a big warning about the game going through an engine change, etc, now when you start up the demo.

If too many people get confused, I'll remove the demo.
Don't show gameplay, no demo; show trailers, cute vampire chicks, and focus on storytelling—storytelling way above anything else.
Look at this , its just a book with pictures: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/brotherwise/the-stormlight-archive-rpg/comments 10 millions $....
Sell a dream with pretty pictures, sexy girls with haunting voices, and promises you won't even have to fulfill—and you become a millionaire.
It is the original Brandon (Sanderson), not Let's Go one.
Guy went independent and is basically printing money on the Kickstarter with each new project.

RaggleFraggle

Ask me about VTM
I wish there were other devs even a fraction as motivated as this. I haven’t enjoyed playing any crpg released after about 2005, but this looks like something I’m interested in playing.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Wonder why'd you choose UE5 over Unity for 2D. Doesn't the latter have more tooling? Is this about blueprints? Also, for someone with previous experience with Game Maker C# seems more appropriate than C++.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Wonder why'd you choose UE5 over Unity for 2D. Doesn't the latter have more tooling? Is this about blueprints? Also, for someone with previous experience with Game Maker C# seems more appropriate than C++.

I tried Unity years ago and I just personally don't like the engine for a lot of reasons. That coupled with the pricing debacle made me not consider it. It was really between Unreal and Godot. Also yes, blueprints are sexy.

I don't have experience with Game Maker, my previous games were RPGmaker which was javascript. Like always, I'll add the caveat that I am not a programmer and my programming skills are limited.

GentlemanCthulhu

Liturgist
Yo I'm so happy to see this popping off. The trailer is almost at 100k views. I've been complaining a lack of sexy vampire RPGs for ages. Even attempted to make one in the past but gave up after finding a job. Anyways I work as a senior C++ developer. I am extending a genuine offer of support with the programming, if you ever need any help.

Regardless, I think this is going to be the make it moment for @Tyrannicon.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom