Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 - VTMB sequel from The Chinese Room - coming Fall 2024

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I mean it has been 2½ years since the change in developer. I'm not saying it won't be buggy, and I'm not saying it will; but a working game certainly could have been built in that time.

Yeah, but the games that have been in made in that timeframe that are good are usually very different things, like platformers or so

Bloodlines itself was made in three years. The Outer Worlds was about three and a half. ELEX was nearly three years, as was Greedfall. If they were smart, I'd expect a narrow scope (far fewer features than what Troika put themselves through hell for to deliver) and a short-for-an-RPG playtime (like 15-30 hours).

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
If this is true and the developer is indeed The Chinese Room, it puts Dan Pinchbeck's recent departure in a different light. He finished working on the game.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
If this is true and the developer is indeed The Chinese Room, it puts Dan Pinchbeck's recent departure in a different light. He finished working on the game.
Alternate interpretation is that he felt they needed more time to truly deliver a quality work and Alan Smithee'd himself away when told there could be no more delays. :lol:

Skinwalker

*teleports inside you*
Patron
Village Idiot
Maybe they'll fix up the original Bloodlines and try to sell it as a remaster.
That would be the best-case scenario.

Having this abomination cancelled before it rapes the light of day would also be great.

Wesp5

Arcane
Maybe they'll fix up the original Bloodlines and try to sell it as a remaster.

Paradox already tried to do that with the modder behind Project Vaulderie, but at the time Activision wasn't interested and they own Bloodlines even if Paradox owns the overall IP...

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Who's really interested in Bloodlines 2 now? I know I'm negatively interested, like I was with Fallout 3.

It's like, there's no reason for a sequel, not the same creative team/writer. It's just IP rape/recycling to cash in on the fanbase. Just make your own VtM spiritual successor FFS, because this will never be Bloodlines 2.

I'd love a good successor without ties to the original, but frankly I just hope this cash grab sucks and fails. Worst case scenario is Fallout 3's success.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
I would be interested in a good Vampire The Masquerade cRPG whether it's Bloodlines 2 or something else, but this doesn't fill me with hope that there's something good going to come out.

Anonymous Ranger

Literate
The annonment better be them canceling the game because there’s no way they’re going to save it otherwise. If it’s not that then I really hope they announce a new VTM crpg that isn’t tied to bloodlines at all like others have said in the thread.

The annonment better be them canceling the game because there’s no way they’re going to save it otherwise. If it’s not that then I really hope they announce a new VTM crpg that isn’t tied to bloodlines at all like others have said in the thread.
Vampire: The Masquerade - Heartless Lullaby on Steam https://store.steampowered.com/app/1926120/Vampire_The_Masquerade__Heartless_Lullaby/

This is being expanded into a full game called Heartless Symphony

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Not gonna happen. The name recognition alone is too valuable to let go.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I would be interested in a good Vampire The Masquerade cRPG whether it's Bloodlines 2 or something else, but this doesn't fill me with hope that there's something good going to come out.
What? Why? What's automatically bad about 2½ years of work behind closed doors?

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron

If you think you have a winner at hand you put some marketing money behind it. If you don't believe in your own product you suddenly release it with almost zero amount of hype. That's a good heuristic, though obviously not flawless

Also, 2½ for a proper cRPG is rather short.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
If you think you have a winner at hand you put some marketing money behind it. If you don't believe in your own product you suddenly release it with almost zero amount of hype. That's a good heuristic, though obviously not flawless

Also, 2½ for a proper cRPG is rather short.
From Paradox's perspective, they've already spent too much damn money on this (in development since 2016). Instead of spending even more money on presentable-but-fake vertical slices, it makes sense to just wait until it's mostly done to see it as it is.

Anonymous Ranger

Literate
I don’t think there’s anything bad about a development time that long. I think the game might be bad because it’s gone through two project leaders and two different companies. Neither of those are a good sign.

Anonymous Ranger

Literate
Not gonna happen. The name recognition alone is too valuable to let go.
I know I just wish it wasn’t like that :(

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Ha, here's a Paradox glass door review from August 2nd.
Great if you're working on one of their main strategy titles

Pros

Overall solid benefits, competitive salary.

Cons

Under the new (original) CEO, there's a big push to focus on their core products. Any project that doesn't fall under that umbrella will receive very little in the way of publishing support so your product will hit the market with a thud

That's a way of putting it. Guess someone might have been pretty disappointed with what's happening with BL2. :lol:

On an additional note, people in the Steam forums are claiming a mod deleted the first thread about the release date. Pointless endeavor, that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom