Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 - VTMB sequel from The Chinese Room - coming Fall 2024

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Why is conversation happening as if Bloodlines 2 will be released any time in the foreseeable future? Is there some reason I missed to think it won't still be years coming?
Paradox wouldn't show off the new stuff next month unless they have a date locked in.
"If you look at the pipeline, we've been a little cautious about announcing things because we got burned a little bit on Bloodlines 2 (a game that's heavily delayed, eds note). We've said we're not going to release anything until we're pretty sure of an absolute launch date or at least a launch month," says Fredrik Wester.

Bloodlines 2 was first announced in 2019 and after several delays, the developer was replaced last year. On that occasion, Fredrik Wester stated that he had very good hopes that it will be a good game that meets the players' expectations.

How does it feel now a year later?

"It feels very good about Bloodlines 2 and we will probably be able to set a launch date for this game reasonably soon. We feel that the game has been in very good hands and we are incredibly satisfied with what we have seen," says Fredrik Wester and adds that it's "absolutely not impossible" that Bloodlines 2 could launch sometime in 2023.

I'd estimate the release window anywhere from December-March.

Possibly a bit later considering their next walking sim is supposed to be out in 2024 but then we're entering "It is happening again" territory.

Last edited:

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yes, they announced a big announcement for September back in early June just so people wouldn't get upset with its absence at Summer Game Fest.
Cool, but I mean, developers are no longer shy about saying "Oh sorry we're delaying that another 16 months, we'll have something to show then honest."

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Yes, they announced a big announcement for September back in early June just so people wouldn't get upset with its absence at Summer Game Fest.
Cool, but I mean, developers are no longer shy about saying "Oh sorry we're delaying that another 16 months, we'll have something to show then honest."
https://twitter.com/VtM_Bloodlines/status/1666403803090886658

This was also when they revamped the website and the store page to remove all the old art to replace it with the new. They were almost but not quite ready to show it off and didn't want to deal with angry people after announcing other games.

Saerain

Augur
Patron
I'm sure they want to make revealing the developer part of the showcase. More content!

RagingNomad

Educated
Looks like game will be released in 27 October

That sounds wild. Revealing a game in September and releasing it in October? I forget, how long has it been since they got rid of the previous dev team?

Last time Fredrik Wester said that they will show us something when game will be release "coming soon". Release date on steam was marked with december

Re-reveal and then nearly two months later, they're gonna release it? Call me skeptical unless Paradox just wants it out ASAP and be done with it forever. On the same day as Alan Wake 2, no less.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Yeah, when they said they weren't going to announce it until they had a release date locked in I wouldn't have thought that would actually mean "within two months of release." Not even a bit earlier at gamescom? Unless they believe PAX West is more appropriate simply because it's in Seattle, which is silly.

After BG3 and Starfield is certainly a "What are you doing, do you have no choice?" move.

I forget, how long has it been since they got rid of the previous dev team?
February 2021. 2 years and 8 months if accurate. Cutting it a bit tight, but not impossible.

sosmoflux

Educated
Zero percent chance VTMB2 actually comes out in October.
That would mean the game is done, finished, fully playable, right now.
With no developer announced, no leaks? No chance.
I guess unless they're releasing Act I of III, or some other EA shenanigans.

SmartCheetah

Arcane
Zero percent chance VTMB2 actually comes out in October.
That would mean the game is done, finished, fully playable, right now.
I guess unless they're releasing Act I of III, or some other EA shenanigans.
Yeah, they might have decided to go with Larian BG3 way of early access. Otherwise, i see no chance.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Tango Gameworks's Hi-Fi Rush was released the very day it was announced.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom