Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 - VTMB sequel from The Chinese Room - coming Fall 2024

Ibn Sina

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I don't think they are developing two horror games back to back.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
So you were dead wrong about TCR being the dev developing bloodlines.
Goldfish memory you have here.

In the latest Chinese Room newsletter they mentioned that they've doubled in size in the past year and "are in peak production with two games that are our most ambitious projects yet" which they've already revealed in their job listings as first person action/adventure games made in UE4, one being an original IP and the other not.

[*]Experience designing melee or brawler combat in a 3rd or 1st person game.
[*]Experience designing character abilities/spells.
[*]Experience in gunplay systems and delivering weapons that are satisfying to shoot.

For this role, we need someone who has experience designing and delivering AAA action-RPG gameplay and mechanics.

• Experience of Unreal Engine 5.
  • Experience designing RPG systems.
  • Experience in adventure games.
  • Experience in mission design.
  • Experience designing AI behaviours for enemies or NPCs.
BA45XfF.jpeg

That isn't an oil rig. At this point, it'd be extremely unlikely for it to be anything other than Bloodlines 2. Action RPG brawling, gunplay, and spells in a contemporary urban environment using a licensed setting.

Harthwain

Magister
I liked the 1st edition manual 2nd edition revised core rulebook.

There is no such thing as "2nd Edition Revised". There is the 2nd Edition, and there is the "Revised Edition", which is the third edition.
OK? I just copied what's written in here, because I had to hunt down the title of the manual via ISBN number as I couldn't find any of that kind of information in the manual itself (and this isn't the number of the manual my friend lent to me. It's from an online version I checked out in order to confirm it was the same thing as the one I read when playing the PnP version).

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
They're stating pretty confidently that this is their next game and the release date is sometime in early 2024. Bloodlines 2 releasing shortly after would be pretty funny.
I just hope their task was to make a good game, and not to release a product so Paradox doesn't get sued. I hope they are trying, that's all I want.

TCR announced their original IP (narrative horror game) and I'm paying attention to what people are/aren't saying. SJ Longthorne, the writer from Hogwarts Legacy, confirms she's not on it https://twitter.com/sarahlongthorne/status/1667976788314652674

Congrats SWTD team!! Everybody else, check it out

I wasn’t on this personally but so proud of those who were! They’ve done an incredible job

Arone Le Bray the Bioware guy isn't taking a victory lap either, though of course it was without a doubt he'd be the principal writer on whatever wasn't Pure Pinchbeck. Frances Wakefield-Harrey the contractor hasn't been on twitter since late 2022, though it's also likely she's with the others as well.

They're stating pretty confidently that this is their next game and the release date is sometime in early 2024. Bloodlines 2 releasing shortly after would be pretty funny.

So you were dead wrong about TCR being the dev developing bloodlines.

TCR is in production of two games using UE right now. We saw one of them, the other one is Bloodlines 2. They're part of Sumo Digital, who at the very least, have a ton of experience in working on projects that aren't theirs. They are also assisting TCR with development on both projects.

Le Bray (and probably Longthorne) are working on projects after Still Wakes The Deep as he was part of TCR's hiring spree long after Pinchbeck and his crew got the ball rolling on that one.

RagingNomad

Educated
So, we don't officially know who the developer is yet. who would you like to see from the developers, if you had a choice? I would choose Eidos Montreal. Their Deus Ex:MD is just a dream of narrative and gameplay for VtMB 2

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So, we don't officially know who the developer is yet. who would you like to see from the developers, if you had a choice? I would choose Eidos Montreal. Their Deus Ex:MD is just a dream of narrative and gameplay for VtMB 2
Systems design: MindThunk (Ctrl Alt Ego)
Combat design: Valve (Team Fortress 2)
Level design: MindThunk
World design: FunCom (The Secret World, Conan Exiles)
Writing: Brian Mitsoda, Chad Moore, TJ Perillo, Jason D. Anderson, Leonard Boyarsky all ca 2004
Narrative design: Obsidian (Alpha Protocol) ca 2010
Dialogue systems: Obsidian
Environmental art: Capcom (Resident Evil and Silent Hill series)
Character design: Terminal Reality (Bloodrayne, Nocturne) ca 2006
Character modeling and animation: Project Helius (Operation Lovecraft)
Audio design: Capcom
Music (environmental): Randy Greif
Music (soundtrack): more goth bands I would never listen to in a million years unless they were part of Bloodlines
UI design: Rebellion (Zombie Army series)
Project management: A Memory of Eternity (Memoirs of a Battle Brothel, Singularity: Tactics Arena, Vampire Gangs of Moonfall) ca 2033

scytheavatar

Scholar

Options are super limited, people wish it was Harebrained Schemes instead of TCR but the reality is that Bloodlines 2 would have been a far bigger project than anything HS has ever done. And it is debatable if HS are more qualified to make the game than TCR. The original Bloodlines killed Troika Games and somehow I suspect Bloodline 2's going to kill the studio making it too.

jf8350143

Liturgist
Last time they at least have some female characters actually look like a female.

Probabbly not gonna happen again this time.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Options are super limited, people wish it was Harebrained Schemes instead of TCR but the reality is that Bloodlines 2 would have been a far bigger project than anything HS has ever done. And it is debatable if HS are more qualified to make the game than TCR. The original Bloodlines killed Troika Games and somehow I suspect Bloodline 2's going to kill the studio making it too.
HBS has actually made RPGs which makes them more qualified, but yeah, they're not quite big enough (though I suppose they could be if everyone in the studio now was working on one game) and also busy with their own projects. It's possible that had Sumo Digital not made the pitch, Paradox would have waited until HBS was free to give it to them instead. :P

In order to not die they just have to not overscope.

RagingNomad

Educated
And I want to ask. Why are you thinking that Mr.Dump was deleted in present plot? Recently, VtM:Chapters came out and, as I remember, Mr. Dump was there.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
And I want to ask. Why are you thinking that Mr.Dump was deleted in present plot? Recently, VtM:Chapters came out and, as I remember, Mr. Dump was there.
That was planned and announced back in February 2020. He's gone because they removed him and every other character from the store page, website, social media.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom