Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Ryzer

Arcane
I can reassure you that we're inclined to make our game in the tone of the Warhammer universe to fully match the atmosphere. With full respect for the source material. :salute:
Am kind of wondering if there will be any animated movies in the game like we saw in the announcement teaser trialer?
Not sure about animated movies, they don't quite fit into the game ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Don't go full Bioware, please. I have Vietnam Dragon Age memories to this day...

Last edited:

Darkwind

Augur
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
btw which spehs mahrins chapters are active in sector besides fleabags?

Rainbow Legion of Fabulous Space Communists

download.jpg

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Angry Marines.

5F16A5D26F2E9F90D356A278BAB864E74B16BD51

Also, Angry Marines lore: https://warhammer40k.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Algrim_Whitefang/Index_Astartes:Angry_Marines

Here's a snippet:

Acclimating to the Angry Marines​

• A brief account of life with the Angry Marines, and their Reclusiarch, Mofo, as lived by Brother-Sergeant Kollon, Mentor Legion Chapter
I, Brother-Sergeant Kollon, of the Mentor Legion have been attached to the Angry Marine Chapter. In my first week training with our brothers, I had the privilege, of sorts, to encounter none other than their chapter's Reclusiarch, Mofo. After completing the morning firing rights alongside the Angry Marines, I made for closest lavatory to relieve myself before battle practice began. The firing rights, as dictated by the Codex Astartes, involve squads honing their skills with ranged weaponry. While my fellow Mentor Legionnaires attained perfect accuracy and precision with our bolters and sniper rifles, our less restrained Battle-Brothers spent most of the time missing their targets with the few bolters they had on hand. After expending his ammunition, each marine would charge down the firing lane to smash the pristine target with his bolter, his hands, and anything else within reach. We began to suspect that this non-Codex treatment of ranged weaponry was the cause of the shortage of bolters in the Angry Marines' armoury aboard the Litany of Litany's Litany.

I had deactivated and removed the appropriate sections of my power-armor, noticing the raised dais in the center of the lavatory chamber about which all the commodes faced. Many copies of the legendary Codex Astartes lay upon this dais, and I found it odd that the Angry Marines would partake in the custom of reading while relieving oneself like so many of the Imperium's cultures do. I had just sat down upon one of the commodes along the bulkhead when Reclusiarch Mofo entered the chamber.

He wore his full set of armor, not even having removed his helm. He is larger than the average Space Marine, and carried his signature Crozius, Fag-Basher. It is platinum, and shaped like a great fist holding an Imperial Aquila token with the middle finger extended. The Reclusiarch tilted his head slightly in acknowledgment of my presence and sat himself down upon a commode near the one I was seated upon. I quickly expelled the contents of my bowels, and experienced another tortured minute while the Reclusiarch violently did the same with much loud swearing and much oath-making. It was then that I realized that the commode's in this lavatory did not have a bidet function like most toilets of the modern Imperium. I had just turned to ask the Reclusiarch how his Chapter went about cleansing themselves when I saw him reach out to one of the copies of the Codex Astartes. He opened it, and Emperor preserve us all, he ripped a page out of it and began cleaning his backside with it!

"This...THIS IS HERESY!!!," I cried.

The Reclusiarch became a blur, a lightning strike of motion. Instantly his crozius was alight in his hand, its power field sending blue energy flicking out from its surface. "HERESY!!! WHERE!!?? WHERE IS THERE HERESY, YOU MENTOR ASS-STRUMMER!!??," he shouted at max vox amp. He stood there, his head rapidly scanning the entire room for any taint of heresy, with the soiled page of Guilliman's life's work still wedged in his backside. It was the most astonishing sight I have ever seen in my centuries of service. Before my gen-enhanced senses could even register it, he had planted Fag-Basher in the bulkhead just centimeters from my head.

"DON'T FUCKIN' STARTLE ME LIKE THAT YOU FUCKING SHITBREATHED, CUM-ENCRUSTED, HEMORRHOID!!!!!!" he roared right in my face. Mofo then turned back to his toilet, and angrily finished cleaning himself with the torn codex page. He closed his armor, and ripped Fag-Basher back out of the wall causing me to duck. As he walked through the portal to the lavatory, he turned and shouted, "BATTLE PRACTICE STARTS IN THREE MINUTES FUCKFACE, SO BREAK IT OFF AND GET A FUCKING MOVE ON!!! IF YOUR LATE, IM GONNA REPLACE ALL OF THIS TOILET PAPER," as he gestured to the copies of the Codex Astartes "WITH YOUR HANDS!!!"

He then stormed down the hallway, leaving me stunned on the toilet. I looked at the copies of the Codex Astartes, a holy work written by the Emperor's own loyal son and the basis for everything I have lived my long life for as a Space Marine. I had the choice of defacing the codex, or undergoing the foulest penance I had ever been threatened with. This was only the first week of a decades long deployment with this Chapter!! Had the Emperor abandoned me?

++++++ Thought for the Day: Heresy must be met with hatred. ++++++

Last edited:

Camel

Scholar
Tell Owlcat that using zoomer words for romance such as "Date" "girlfriend" or any modern slang like your team did in Pathfinder was peak cringe.
Also stop adding management/gestion minigames in your RPGs as they consistently drag your RPGs down and add nothing interesting to the game.
Yeah, using anachronisms such as them bothered me in a pseudo-medieval fantasy setting. I remember mentioning it in Rusty's Cringefinder thread and I think in the game's main thread. Golarion is a low-effort and pozzed beyond belief setting.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Angry Marines.

5F16A5D26F2E9F90D356A278BAB864E74B16BD51

Also, Angry Marines lore: https://warhammer40k.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Algrim_Whitefang/Index_Astartes:Angry_Marines

Here's a snippet:

Acclimating to the Angry Marines​

• A brief account of life with the Angry Marines, and their Reclusiarch, Mofo, as lived by Brother-Sergeant Kollon, Mentor Legion Chapter
I, Brother-Sergeant Kollon, of the Mentor Legion have been attached to the Angry Marine Chapter. In my first week training with our brothers, I had the privilege, of sorts, to encounter none other than their chapter's Reclusiarch, Mofo. After completing the morning firing rights alongside the Angry Marines, I made for closest lavatory to relieve myself before battle practice began. The firing rights, as dictated by the Codex Astartes, involve squads honing their skills with ranged weaponry. While my fellow Mentor Legionnaires attained perfect accuracy and precision with our bolters and sniper rifles, our less restrained Battle-Brothers spent most of the time missing their targets with the few bolters they had on hand. After expending his ammunition, each marine would charge down the firing lane to smash the pristine target with his bolter, his hands, and anything else within reach. We began to suspect that this non-Codex treatment of ranged weaponry was the cause of the shortage of bolters in the Angry Marines' armoury aboard the Litany of Litany's Litany.

I had deactivated and removed the appropriate sections of my power-armor, noticing the raised dais in the center of the lavatory chamber about which all the commodes faced. Many copies of the legendary Codex Astartes lay upon this dais, and I found it odd that the Angry Marines would partake in the custom of reading while relieving oneself like so many of the Imperium's cultures do. I had just sat down upon one of the commodes along the bulkhead when Reclusiarch Mofo entered the chamber.

He wore his full set of armor, not even having removed his helm. He is larger than the average Space Marine, and carried his signature Crozius, Fag-Basher. It is platinum, and shaped like a great fist holding an Imperial Aquila token with the middle finger extended. The Reclusiarch tilted his head slightly in acknowledgment of my presence and sat himself down upon a commode near the one I was seated upon. I quickly expelled the contents of my bowels, and experienced another tortured minute while the Reclusiarch violently did the same with much loud swearing and much oath-making. It was then that I realized that the commode's in this lavatory did not have a bidet function like most toilets of the modern Imperium. I had just turned to ask the Reclusiarch how his Chapter went about cleansing themselves when I saw him reach out to one of the copies of the Codex Astartes. He opened it, and Emperor preserve us all, he ripped a page out of it and began cleaning his backside with it!

"This...THIS IS HERESY!!!," I cried.

The Reclusiarch became a blur, a lightning strike of motion. Instantly his crozius was alight in his hand, its power field sending blue energy flicking out from its surface. "HERESY!!! WHERE!!?? WHERE IS THERE HERESY, YOU MENTOR ASS-STRUMMER!!??," he shouted at max vox amp. He stood there, his head rapidly scanning the entire room for any taint of heresy, with the soiled page of Guilliman's life's work still wedged in his backside. It was the most astonishing sight I have ever seen in my centuries of service. Before my gen-enhanced senses could even register it, he had planted Fag-Basher in the bulkhead just centimeters from my head.

"DON'T FUCKIN' STARTLE ME LIKE THAT YOU FUCKING SHITBREATHED, CUM-ENCRUSTED, HEMORRHOID!!!!!!" he roared right in my face. Mofo then turned back to his toilet, and angrily finished cleaning himself with the torn codex page. He closed his armor, and ripped Fag-Basher back out of the wall causing me to duck. As he walked through the portal to the lavatory, he turned and shouted, "BATTLE PRACTICE STARTS IN THREE MINUTES FUCKFACE, SO BREAK IT OFF AND GET A FUCKING MOVE ON!!! IF YOUR LATE, IM GONNA REPLACE ALL OF THIS TOILET PAPER," as he gestured to the copies of the Codex Astartes "WITH YOUR HANDS!!!"

He then stormed down the hallway, leaving me stunned on the toilet. I looked at the copies of the Codex Astartes, a holy work written by the Emperor's own loyal son and the basis for everything I have lived my long life for as a Space Marine. I had the choice of defacing the codex, or undergoing the foulest penance I had ever been threatened with. This was only the first week of a decades long deployment with this Chapter!! Had the Emperor abandoned me?

++++++ Thought for the Day: Heresy must be met with hatred. ++++++
reminded me that gintama toilet paper scene

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!

The nearest chapter are the Storm Wardens, since they are based in Calixis sector, though they are not mentioned in the game from what I have seen. Other than that there shouldnt really be much space marine activity as Koronus expanse is not inside the Imperial space and there isnt any active crusade in the area. IIRC the ingame texts mention that Space Wolves are doing some specific quest in the area, which is going to be related to the main plot of the game.

skaraher

Prophet
Aren't Storm Wardens Space-Scottish wielding power-claymore and kilts ? I only played Dark Heresy and Black Crusade and never really touched Deathwatch books so I may have the details wrong, but they are the FFG's games chapter and have quite an unique flair.

Herumor

Scholar
Has there been any word on how much Adeptus Mechanicus content there will be in this game? I know you have one party member (?) that's a tech-priest, but I was thinking more in the line of if the Rogue Trader would have any options for cybernetic upgrades to themselves, which would add both gameplay and narrative consequences.

Owlcat_Eyler

Owlcat Games
Developer
Has there been any word on how much Adeptus Mechanicus content there will be in this game? I know you have one party member (?) that's a tech-priest, but I was thinking more in the line of if the Rogue Trader would have any options for cybernetic upgrades to themselves, which would add both gameplay and narrative consequences.
Yep, we'll have a tech-priest bro Pasqal with us. Set aside the Pasqal quest, the Rogue Trader will be having an industrial world Kiava Gamma under his or her command (there is a lot of Mechanicus stuff going on there). *in a low voice* And you know, Heretek things...

Herumor

Scholar
Yep, we'll have a tech-priest bro Pasqal with us. Set aside the Pasqal quest, the Rogue Trader will be having an industrial world Kiava Gamma under his or her command (there is a lot of Mechanicus stuff going on there). *in a low voice* And you know, Heretek things...
Heretek in the sense of Chaos or general Xeno/Necron tech-heresy?

Owlcat_Eyler

Owlcat Games
Developer
First one. The Dark Mechanicum

Joyvankek

Learned
I can reassure you that we're inclined to make our game in the tone of the Warhammer universe to fully match the atmosphere. With full respect for the source material. :salute:
Am kind of wondering if there will be any animated movies in the game like we saw in the announcement teaser trialer?
Not sure about animated movies, they don't quite fit into the game ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
There is one you should add though. Or at least give us something more that just text that we purged a world.
As a Rogue Trader, especially one who(if our PC will follow that path) works closely with Inquisition, sooner or later our PC will encounter a world beyond saving. Where the only salvation will be an Exterminatus.
It's both testament to how far IoM is willing to go if they can't win by normal means and how much power a Rogue Trader have to issue such an order. Not to mention that it will illustrate what ordinance a Rogue Trader Cruiser have.
Not doing anything more with is just wasted opportunity.
First one. The Dark Mechanicum
What about cybernetics? If our PC will ally themselves with ADMech, will he have an access to that? I didn't saw anything like that in Alpha, so I wonder if such mechanic will be implemented.
Will there be an option for our character to be a psyker?
Be it as origin/class in character creation or later on as a boon from chaos?
Also will we have some options on chaos path? Like serving specific god for example? Or at least trying to overthrow current chaos cult/faction's leadership to take it's place?

Last edited:

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
If I had a virus nuke in my pants ship I would bring it up at every opportunity. Could we get some funny dialogue options to threaten people with said nukes?

Joyvankek

Learned
If I had a virus nuke in my pants ship I would bring it up at every opportunity. Could we get some funny dialogue options to threaten people with said nukes?
Good point, we are RT with a fuck off ship, we should have an option to swing that around in conversations. "Give me this or else I will drop cyclonic torpedo/virus bomb on your rookie".

Humbaba

Arcane
Please make it a bit more in-depth than literally any of the late game mythic paths in Wrathfinder, you half assed those ones you gotta admit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom