Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I know they probably actually play the tabletop game as well (they also did the same with KM iirc) but these kind of promo and their writing quality for WOTR just shows how hard they are trying to appeal to modern TTRPG Critical Role crowd. Luckily prolly due to GW oversight this game is not as hard in trying to be zanny or someshit like WOTR did from the Beta

Axel_am

Exploring and Enjoying
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
It does feel a little bit off but I can see younger people getting excited by such stories. I sure did when people were sharing their DnD campaigns. I really have the feeling that the game is going to be good so I find it easy to forgive whatever marketing voodoo they decide to use.

Dishonoredbr

Erudite
The story is similar do the stuff that happened in the few times i played DnD with my Teacher and friends..

lightbane

Arcane
Why are they playing Dark Heresy instead of you know, Rogue Trader? The themes and power levels of the two pnps are VERY different...
Except for the techpriests, who became more and more op with each game.
Also, unless you use the point-buy system and/or powergame by choosing certain background options, the average acolyte is MUCH more incompetent than whatever he should be, for good and bad.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Why are they playing Dark Heresy instead of you know, Rogue Trader? The themes and power levels of the two pnps are VERY different...
Also, unless you use the point-buy system and/or powergame by choosing certain background options, the average acolyte is MUCH more incompetent than whatever he should be, for good and bad.
Maybe their story peeps are already working on their next game Warhammer 40,000: Dark Heresy ?

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer

1697215601649.png

Nm6k

Scholar
Yep but the conversation with him is very buggy especially the end of it. Not sure if it was fixed since I last play it

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
What about tentacles?

That is a perk which some tzeentch and slaneesh gets...

Anyway, ANY lets play in yt with a psyker? I already watched arch stream for a non magical run. I wanna see how is psyker experience in the game and youtube search funcion is each day worse. I type warhammer 40k "rogue trader" beta "psyker" and ... ZERO videos with it. Not only that but yt stop showing results after 5 results and even putting in filters by playlists only, I can't find a psyker LP.

Lamiosa

Educated
What about tentacles?

That is a perk which some tzeentch and slaneesh gets...

Anyway, ANY lets play in yt with a psyker? I already watched arch stream for a non magical run. I wanna see how is psyker experience in the game and youtube search funcion is each day worse. I type warhammer 40k "rogue trader" beta "psyker" and ... ZERO videos with it. Not only that but yt stop showing results after 5 results and even putting in filters by playlists only, I can't find a psyker LP.
Psyker was very incomplete during beta. Also zero reactivity in general (but that obviously will change, probably similitar to WOTR beta -> release). The CM promised that the class will be a lot better on launch, so only time will tell.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom