Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

lightbane

Arcane
All portait so far.
Look at that, blacks are the minority instead of the opposite, and there are even blondes. Compare this to modern rpgs like Baldurs Gate 3 and BTech.
The game looks good so far.

Reinhardt

Arcane
i don't really care about blak pipo in warhammer. that's one setting where you can easily stuff full planet of blacks and there is nothing wrong with it. they are loyal imperial citizens? if yes - that's enough for me.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
image.png
Why does everyone look disfigured/scarred/cheap implants?
I know it's grimdark and all, but rogue traders are fabulously wealthy, they can afford plastic surgery and mastercrafted bionics.

Dishonoredbr

Erudite
I know it's grimdark and all, but rogue traders are fabulously wealthy, they can afford plastic surgery and mastercrafted bionics.
At start of the game your character isn't a Rogue Trader, so these portaits aren't actually established Rogue Trader just yet.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Why does everyone look disfigured/scarred/cheap implants?
Because "stupidly wealthy" does not equal to "can buy anything".
AdMech will not share their best bits with some random trader, unless theybuild some sort of mutually beneficial relationship with certain forge world or had favors.

Medieval merchants had kings and aristocracy indebted to them yet there were caste testrictions upon them as well.

havox

Novice
how can you shiteaters stand owlcat garbage?
Look, I hate owlcuck garabage as much as the next guy, but consider the alternatives from recent years:
BG3, reskinned DOS2 with even more gay and cringe and reddit humor. I'm embarrassed to admit I finished chapters 1 and 2.
Solasta, combat only no story. 5th DnD, blech. Donkey piss/10.
Encased, only first half of game was sort of finished. Game left me with a weird kind of feel - I don't hate this cheap slavjank as much as some others, the potential was there with a bigger budget and more work put into it, but lets not pretend it's a good game.
Black Geyser - so boring and generic I tried twice and never reached the first town. I completed the tutorial and the recruiting of the mandatory in every crpg sword and board dudebro tank, and gave up, it's that boring and generic and I can't be arsed to see what happens next.
Some crappy VNs like Gamedec and Disco Elysium, scarcely even RPGs and definitely not good.
Like, lets be real here, of course we'll play the next owlcuck garbage. Of course it won't be a good game but look at the alternatives! Beggars can't be choosers.

Harthwain

Magister
Like, lets be real here, of course we'll play the next owlcuck garbage. Of course it won't be a good game but look at the alternatives! Beggars can't be choosers.
Alternatives? You make it sound like most people here didn't play most games on your list. Besides, Rogue Trader seems to be good for what it is supposed to be (tactical combat with some RPG elements thrown in) as far as cRPGs go. At least from what I am seeing in this thread.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Alternatives? You make it sound like most people here didn't play most games on your list. Besides, Rogue Trader seems to be good for what it is supposed to be (tactical combat with some RPG elements thrown in) as far as cRPGs go. At least from what I am seeing in this thread.
I've played none of it but I just downloaded Solasta with all DLCs so I guess I will try that one. From RPGs in recent years that is only one that seems to be worth playing in addition to Owlcat games (and Wasteland 3 which ended up way way better than I expected it to be).

Axel_am

Exploring and Enjoying
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Only 3 pregenerated characters seems a bit low. But I suppose that's what the game offers in terms of builds when you initially start playing. I'm still left with the impression that this will be a slightly more complex CRPG. Hopefully, it won't be only due to stat buffed and stacked enemies.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Every RPG maker should remove all pre-generated characters from their game and ban anyone who will ask for them in any social network.
We are talking about Role Playing Games, not a bioware garbage.

Axel_am

Exploring and Enjoying
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Every RPG maker should remove all pre-generated characters from their game and ban anyone who will ask for them in any social network.
We are talking about Role Playing Games, not a bioware garbage.
I changed my mind on that after my companions in Kingmaker turned out mildly disappointing.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Stop it, you autist. People won’t stop discussing this game and DA:I despite your autistic screeching.
Both threads should be closed but our Jew overlord keeps them specifically because it attracts certain kinds of posters. So I'm going in, Israel-on-Gaza style

Vasya

Novice
It looks like the "release build" streamers are playing has more graphical glitches than the beta.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom