Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader - turn-based Warhammer 40k RPG from Owlcat Games - Void Shadows DLC coming September 24th

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Ah yes the first Kingdom Management softlock the game case
Imagine playing Owlcat games on your console without being able to use the toybox.
Toybox is just a fancy cheat menu. I don't get the appeal of having a tool to break the rules of the game.

When playing Owlcat game at launch?

It literally allows you to fix broken event flag, allows you fix missing quest items (I had this in Beta), and so on and so forth.

Heck I used ToyBox for fixing some flags in my WOTR playthrough during launch.

Then there is issue getting yourself softlocked like the guy which arguably design flaw.

Even if you don't wanna cheat, at this point due to the game being in incredibly alpha-beta state, having a tool to unfuck your game is actually a blessing

Rhobar121

Scholar
Imagine playing Owlcat games on your console without being able to use the toybox.
Toybox is just a fancy cheat menu. I don't get the appeal of having a tool to break the rules of the game.
If Owlcat weren't a bunch of Russians, there would be no need for Toybox. Due to the fact that their games are broken, this is often the only option to complete quest or even game.

Parabalus

Arcane
Does the heretic path provide a good evil mastermind experience later on or is it another psychopath path?
It seems like the Heretic path is tied to the Secret Ending, which you join Chaos on the Side of the Lord of Change. It's something about becoming something of a ''God'' for the people that you Rule over. Also Yrliet, Argenta, Heinrix and Ulfar try to Kill/Leave you , also you gain a few ''Secret companions'' , one is confirmed to be a Chaos Space Marine. I didn't want to get spoiled about everything but this is what i gather so far.

Edit:
It seems Uralon, one of the secret companions , is currently bugged
Any hints as to what variables you need to trigger?

ArchAngel

Arcane
I understood that problem and I also understand that patches for Xbox version might be coming later than PC before I bought Xbox version.
I got other games to play in case I need to put RT on pause for a while.
Even after a year, you have no guarantee that the game will work properly.
In WotR, several times they managed to broke even 1 act that worked very well at the premiere.
In Kingmaker and WotC I never needed to use toybox or console to continue playing.

Rhobar121

Scholar
I still remember that one of the main mythical paths (demon) had a bug that made you unable to complete the game.
There was also a bug with the respec that also blocked you and Owlcat's brilliant solution was to start a new game or go back 20 hours.
If there is anyone who has ever played an Owlcat game and buys Rogue Trader on console, they are a retarded moron and they deserve it.
Playing these games without Toybox is masochism.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I understood that problem and I also understand that patches for Xbox version might be coming later than PC before I bought Xbox version.

I mean if you get softlocked like that guy that save is probably toast unless Owlcat retoractively add scrap for you
I make multiple saves, hopefully I can load a previous save, drop difficulty to easy and do previous battles without suffering so much damage.

Rhobar121

Scholar
In WotR, several times they managed to broke even 1 act that worked very well at the premiere.
In Kingmaker and WotC I never needed to use toybox or console to continue playing.
You didn't play at the premiere, otherwise I can't imagine how you managed to avoid serious bugs in Kingsmaker. The game was in such a shitty condition that it was simply impossible.

Rhobar121

Scholar

I mean if you get softlocked like that guy that save is probably toast unless Owlcat retoractively add scrap for you
I make multiple saves, hopefully I can load a previous save, drop difficulty to easy and do previous battles without suffering so much damage.
Great idea. You have to load the old save and potentially waste even several or more your to be able to continue playing because the programmer is a bungler.
Instead, you can fix it in under 5 minutes using Toybox.

Shaja

Educated
My fellow Codex, Chapter 2, I´m stuck:

Gotta land on Kiava Gamma, but you have to start a space combat with many enemy ships. I only have 34/ 148 HP left, but to restore the ship I have to spend like 113 scrpas. I only have 15. Theres a merchant near Footfall selling scrap but gotta increase reputation and I have nothing to exchange for that.

At this point the easiest way probably is just to use Toybox mod (you can find link in Discord or just searching Rogue Trader in Github prolly), get ID for Scraps, add the to inventory
Thank you! I didn´t know about this.

I don´t know how to react a post, but brofist to you.

:bro:

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Supposedly a first big patch is coming thursday or friday. Nice, just in time for the weekend to start my playthrough

ArchAngel

Arcane
You didn't play at the premiere, otherwise I can't imagine how you managed to avoid serious bugs in Kingsmaker. The game was in such a shitty condition that it was simply impossible.
I played both games from day 1. I also play very slowly and exploring everything and taking my time. By the time I reached later chapters in both games they fixed all critical bugs that would prevent progress.

ArchAngel

Arcane

Great idea. You have to load the old save and potentially waste even several or more your to be able to continue playing because the programmer is a bungler.
Instead, you can fix it in under 5 minutes using Toybox.
I am not claiming it is perfect but I would also need to waste time figuring out how to install and use toybox.

Also playing on Xbox is slower then PC. Like some people are already in later acts or already finished the game, I am already 75% done with Act 1 and I have been playing a fair amount every day since release.
So owlcat fixing stuff is also going to be faster then me playing.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Sooo any way to annex footfall ? I get only two options,to send them the food or not. To send them is the cuck option and the dogamatic one is to become another's teritory.

Herumor

Scholar
Welp, Argenta's quest isn't progressing after finishing it up - just stays open and any dialogue options on the bridge of the ship just talk about how the quest is yet to be done.

Sooo any way to annex footfall ? I get only two options,to send them the food or not. To send them is the cuck option and the dogamatic one is to become another's teritory.
I'm also confused about the fact that I allegedly obtained (well, DEMANDED) the right to enter the infected zone and when I go and talk to the gatekeeper he just says some random smug bullshit but the gate doesn't open.

std::namespace

not sure if any of you got to the turn 2 of that fight but he did turn around after his initial turn and went to destroy shuttles instead of fighting the player party, that was probably the intention behind this fight - damage per turn check(too bad he dies in one turn, that will likely to change in future patches)
Change difficulty to unfair and see who dies in one turn
QFT
You can instantly tell the Larpers arond here. Hurr durr single bolter volley el oh el!
He is a fucking Monster. I huge difficulty spike. I went though all of Ch1 reloading in combat like twice, once in reactor fight cause I didnt understand what was going on. Felt like modern Normal.
Now Bossfight starts, he kills half the crew. I made a pffff sound, kek.
500hp, 95dodge, 65armor, hv bolter, vampire sword, 12mp, and he runs away too! You lose the fight if he destroys the shuttles...
My biggest dmg dealer is the nigger heretic if buffed by Cassie and I have 2 officers so thats 3 attacks for 40 each... Gee, thats 5 turns of fighting...
Hated by Aurora doesnt work for some reason. He ignores Abeltard if I attack him last, runs awway too, the goddamn faggot.
Im now looking for ways to stop him from moving...

-edit-
how to best damage myself to get desperate measures... xD

Shaki

Arbiter
not sure if any of you got to the turn 2 of that fight but he did turn around after his initial turn and went to destroy shuttles instead of fighting the player party, that was probably the intention behind this fight - damage per turn check(too bad he dies in one turn, that will likely to change in future patches)
QFT
You can instantly tell the Larpers arond here. Hurr durr single bolter volley el oh el!
He is a fucking Monster. I huge difficulty spike. I went though all of Ch1 reloading in combat like twice, once in reactor fight cause I didnt understand what was going on. Felt like modern Normal.
500hp, 95dodge, 65armor, hv bolter, vampire sword, 12mp, and he runs away too! You lose the fight if he destroys the shuttles...
My biggest dmg dealer is the nigger heretic if buffed by Cassie and I have 2 officers so thats 3 attacks for 40 each... Gee, thats 5 turns of fighting...
Hated by Aurora doesnt work for some reason. He ignores Abeltard if I attack him last, runs awway too, the goddamn faggot.

-edit-
Yea despite abusing OP broken tactical knowledge, it was a super hard fight on unfair even for my squad which was breezing through everything before. Had to redo it like 3 times. CSM's bolter can oneshot multiple chars on one turn, his charge and melee the same, fucking sniper also oneshots, and they both have so much armor pen that even ~100% armor with stacks from tactical knowledge didn't prevent oneshots if they critted (and they critted often). You basically have to get enough lucky rolls to not get half of your squad oneshot by the initial bolter salvo + charge, then be lucky enough that he aggros weaker characters and preferably targets shuttles 1-2 times instead of attacking you (but if you get unlucky and he targets them 3 times, then you lost, pure RNG), then your best dps can stack and kill him in 4-5 turns after applying debuffs to his armor/dodge/parry. You can't even really ignore the defenses and target him with unmissable psyker powers, because the fucker got a skill that gives him a free turn if a warp peril or whatever this shit is called triggers.

In my last try I got very lucky RNG, my Abelard managed to go on a solo mission and deal with the sniper with 1hp left, while my RT and Pasqal which are my 2 best damage dealers were the only survivors on the other side of the battle, CSM went for the shuttle instead of finishing them, and I was able to finish him. But with bad RNG I could easily see redoing this battle many times more.

It would be far, far easier if his aggro mechanics worked, I think the Owlcat intention was that if you damage him, he goes after the last char that damaged him, but if he gets no damage in a turn, he kills shuttles instead, so you can control his aggro to your advantage. But as you said, his aggro mechanic is broken (he also ignores taunts) so the fight basically becomes pure RNG, stacked very much in CSM's favour.

janior

Arcane
Patron
QFT

-edit-
git gut

Shaki

Arbiter
seems like the game is a flop,not much of an interest
Had pretty much same number of peak players as wrath (45k vs 46k, in comparison Kingmaker had 22k) which is a pretty damn decent number for an RPG with this budget, far above average, so wouldn't say it's a flop. Quite the contrary, seems like another success.

Dishonoredbr

Erudite
Had pretty much same number of peak players as wrath (45k vs 46k, in comparison Kingmaker had 22k) which is a pretty damn decent number for an RPG with this budget, wouldn't say it's a flop, quite the contrary, seems like another success.
And unlike Wrath it released day one on Consoles.

Shaki

Arbiter
Had pretty much same number of peak players as wrath (45k vs 46k, in comparison Kingmaker had 22k) which is a pretty damn decent number for an RPG with this budget, wouldn't say it's a flop, quite the contrary, seems like another success.
And unlike Wrath it released day one on Consoles.
I wonder if this is a positive tho, consoletards actually seem to have some human dignity and be much less tolerant to buggy shit than PC gamers, with Wrath they got patched version, but this mess might make them think twice before buying next Owlcat game :M

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
seems like the game is a flop,not much of an interest
Had pretty much same number of peak players as wrath (45k vs 46k, in comparison Kingmaker had 22k) which is a pretty damn decent number for an RPG with this budget, far above average, so wouldn't say it's a flop. Quite the contrary, seems like another success.
Yeah a flop is a bit of melodramatism :). The numbers seems to be pretty much the same more or less. Which in the current inflation is not a good thing. Also pretty sure that they wanted to pull warhammer fans and get good sales,like total war. That said i don't know how big their budget is. It seems that they had hit the roof with the 50k

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom