Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader - turn-based Warhammer 40k RPG from Owlcat Games - Void Shadows DLC coming September 24th

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
I cared about my build at the start but now that I've been playing for a while I've realised that it doesn't matter, all I need to do is get my Officer main to point at Cassia now and then and stand to the side while she massacres every mook in the area
I just finished act 3 unfair and I have the same problem. act 2-3 only 1 fight has taken more than 1 round because Cassia is such a monster

and the thing is that you dont even need any clever combo to make her broken pretty much just get all navigator talents + boots that gives 175 momentum after u kill 5 targets in single turn is optional but pretty busted (officer buff cassia & give her a turn -> cassia kills 5 enemies -> officer gives her ulti move -> party time. and you can do this every time since no need to roll initiative)

other than that I have discovered around 5 combos that completely trivializes this game I did not have this problem first time playing kingmaker or wrath

Sunri

Liturgist
I laugh every time she calls someone monke
Ne7O6JR.png

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
I cared about my build at the start but now that I've been playing for a while I've realised that it doesn't matter, all I need to do is get my Officer main to point at Cassia now and then and stand to the side while she massacres every mook in the area
I just finished act 3 unfair and I have the same problem. act 2-3 only 1 fight has taken more than 1 round because Cassia is such a monster

and the thing is that you dont even need any clever combo to make her broken pretty much just get all navigator talents + boots that gives 175 momentum after u kill 5 targets in single turn is optional but pretty busted (officer buff cassia & give her a turn -> cassia kills 5 enemies -> officer gives her ulti move -> party time. and you can do this every time since no need to roll initiative)

other than that I have discovered around 5 combos that completely trivializes this game I did not have this problem first time playing kingmaker or wrath
Is this literal adaptation of PnP RPG system?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
LoL what a game :)

3gYiO29.png

Sooo on the right we have a better elf gun,but she can't put it on because she have the elf gun feet that allows you to use elf guns. But this magic boom stick can't be used if you have the feet it needs for you to use it :) .

Rhobar121

Scholar

Is this literal adaptation of PnP RPG system?
I don't know the systems that Warhammer40k uses, but I doubt it's a bit too complicated (and stupid) to make sense in PNP.

ArchAngel

Arcane

How do you kill 5 targets with Cassia? Her gaze ability does not do a lot of damage.
I find her useful but not OP. I guessed I missed her OP abilities and talents. I took her skill that reduces enemy will and toughness so when I gaze there is greater chance to stun them

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
reveal the light -> master tactician's press the advantage which is optional for most of fights -> point of curiosity -> lidless stare

that combo has killed 5+ enemies in 90% of encounters first turn

std::namespace

put it in storymode, killed the spehs marine to see what happens, turns out i had to visit the prison planet and the crashed ship in the system beforehand...
fuck me... replaying the electro ghetto again....l..........................

why does the game keep giving weaps i cant use...
joMwVfJ.png

does toxic bypass armor more? maybe this will kill the spehs marine, 14 shots at 5 dmg...

no
8r15oTV.png

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
the system is shittier than PoE.

This system combines the 3.5e bloat with 4e gamey nonsense...

Please do not insult 3.5e

Yes it is a bloaty edition, but many games have adapted it and feature characteristically strong classes like NWN

In Owlcat games for example, you have a ranger, then a ranger class without animal companion, or a paladin with/without laying on hands, etc. Any lazy bum can make 50 classes this way. This is fake depth.

Herumor

Scholar
Seems like I've come across a game-breaking bug in Chapter 5.

When you reach the Necron tomb-world and fiddle with the cogitator the Inquisition set up there, a cutscene triggers, showing Necrons teleporting in - then the camera moves to your party and then the game just hangs there, waiting. Skipping past the cutscene results in a blank black screen and you can't move past this shit at all.

Sent Owlcat a bug report, but given how far into the game this is and how fucked I am with being unable to progress or play the game at all with the current character, I'm feeling quite angry for this kind of issue.

Has there been word when the patch is going to roll out?

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
In Owlcat games for example, you have a ranger, then a ranger class without animal companion, or a paladin with/without laying on hands, etc. Any lazy bum can make 50 classes this way. This is fake depth.

Some homebrew classes from them changes things a lot. Like their new shadowcaster and some classes allow an type of caster to have a completely different spellbook.

And I think that if this game was more similar to 3.5e, this game would be much better. Not that RT is bad, just that is much worse than other OwlCat games.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
I fully understand that there's a sperg type of customer that gets a boner for algebra in his combat calculations
Desiderius

Sadly no algebra is necessary. You retards can't even manage simple arithmetic.

idiots, Knights of the Chalice would not have such miserable results

Pierre doesn't seem miserable, nor are we who play it.

You're just envious of our insouciance.

the OG Pillars system with Endurance

I liked it. Nice to have an intermediate state between fully healthy and dead, with the trade-offs involved to manage.

Last edited:

Cohesion

Augur
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
It's cool that you get like 3 consecutive turns and +200 to every stat and whatnot with the current system but what exactly does any of this have to do with the actual Rogue Trader PnP. Because the FFG one sure didn't have any of this. Plus the system would be unplayable in any real world game because everyone has to keep track of 20+ different buffs and debuffs.
So what? We have computing power to track that shit instead of fleshbag DM. It's evolution, not a carbon copy.

notpl

Arbiter

How do you kill 5 targets with Cassia? Her gaze ability does not do a lot of damage.
I find her useful but not OP. I guessed I missed her OP abilities and talents. I took her skill that reduces enemy will and toughness so when I gaze there is greater chance to stun them
Cassia has more ways to buff her own damage than anyone else in the game, to say nothing of the buffs she can pick up from the rest of your party. Very easy to make lidless stare do 50-60 damage a pop as early as chapter 1

ArchAngel

Arcane
Owlcat_Eyler Gas Granade is bugged and does nothing except for the damage when you throw it and it hit people

It's literally a pebble right now
Forgot to tell, I reported that, ty
Report also these crazy comboes that let people do crazy damage.
It make stuff like you get +Str/2 bonus damage on melee attacks while Heroic Action is active hilariously weak..

Rhobar121

Scholar
Owlcat_Eyler Gas Granade is bugged and does nothing except for the damage when you throw it and it hit people

It's literally a pebble right now
Forgot to tell, I reported that, ty
Report also these crazy comboes that let people do crazy damage.
It make stuff like you get +Str/2 bonus damage on melee attacks while Heroic Action is active hilariously weak..
First, it would be a good idea to fix half of the broken talents in the game.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
TBF, making a Navigator the most OP character in the game is lore-accurate.

Just like pokemon, the rarer someone is in 40k, the stronger they are.

:obviously:

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Man do people also bitch when you play IG and kick some Chaos ass in Dawn of War or something?

This fixation os MUH SPESH MAHREEN NEED TO BE INVINCIBLE is retarded

Well, I mean the phrase "genetically-engineered super-soldier" does tend to suggest that they're rather a cut above.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom