Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader - turn-based Warhammer 40k RPG from Owlcat Games

Ryzer

Arcane
The "patch" added much needed fixes like.... more voice acting!

In fairness to Owlcat, you can't really do anything more with patches. The current system can't be fixed, it needs to be completely wiped from existence and built again from scratch.
The perks with properties that stack, are broken but I think they knew they were broken. The goal wasn't to make a balanced game but they hoped these perks weren't downright op (but they were). What the game lacks is more classes, in-depth customization. The game's rules are extremely poor compared to Pathfinder rules.

Lambach

Arcane
What the game lacks is more classes, in-depth customization. The game's rules are extremely poor compared to Pathfinder rules.

Ye, the whole thing just feels half-assed and lazy.

One example that is overall not too relevant to the overall game experience but serves well to illustrate my point is the soundtrack. Compare the RT OST to that of WotR. I was actually blown the fuck away by most of WoTR's soundtrack (specially Mythic Path ones), and in comparison, RT's sounds like just some cheap Chinese knock-off.

Ryzer

Arcane
What the game lacks is more classes, in-depth customization. The game's rules are extremely poor compared to Pathfinder rules.

One example that is overall not too relevant to the overall game experience but serves well to illustrate my point is the soundtrack. Compare the RT OST to that of WotR. I was actually blown the fuck away by most of WoTR's soundtrack (specially Mythic Path ones), and in comparison, RT's sounds like just some cheap Chinese knock-off.
Also the encounter design needs to be redone from the ground up because it's frankly terrible. Swarming the main PC with hordes of trash mobs isn't very fun, or at least force the player to use a different gameplay approach to these swarms.

ArchAngel

Arcane

Also the encounter design needs to be redone from the ground up because it's frankly terrible. Swarming the main PC with swarms of trash mobs isn't very fun, or at least force the player to use a different gameplay approach to these swarms.
It is because a lot of abilities work per hit or per kill and if you didn't have trash mobs all these abilities would be worthless.

Ryzer

Arcane

I like the main theme, it nails the 40k theme perfectly, the other sounds are just ambiance themes(some are great, others less so), but it doesn't have that latin choir alongside metal rackling and electronical sounds especially when you enter into a tech-priest sanctum. I should have heard these prayers thanks to the ost, it is a missed opportunity.

Lambach

Arcane
Also the encounter design needs to be redone the ground up because it's frankly terrible. Swarming the main PC with swarms of trash mobs isn't very fun, or at least force the player to use a different gameplay approach to these swarms.

I honestly wanted to cry during the Edge of Daybreak fight.

A Greater Demon throwing some pink soap bubbles at you that do 0.01 damage a pop on Unfair, while spamming endless hordes of lesser wet noodle minions that you need to kill to remove his invulnerability, for 7 fucking Rounds straight.

Pictured below, my Party in an epic, mind-blowing battle against one of the most powerful entities of the Warp:

dogs-kid.gif

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Good news, bros.
Owlcat has finally finished testing Wrathfinder today.
So now we can easily estimate when they'll be done with fixing RT - around December 2026.

mOk0Emo.png

janior

Arcane
Patron
I mean even they fix the bugs and balance it still would not be that great so idk whats the point of waiting, happend before with kingmaker after they fixed it it was still a snorefest.

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
I got maybe 10 hours into this and stopped because of bugs but also a general feeling of . . . incompleteness? Steam says the last time I played was January 5th, which feels right. I will get back to it eventually. Maybe. I guess.

Parabalus

Arcane
In the patch notes there is
  • The player now receives a major reward when choosing a heretical option for Foulstone in compensation for the loss of the colony;
What do you get now? Was a real bummer.

Ebonsword

Arcane
So, I started a second playthrough last week. This time, I made my RT a psyker and tried to use mostly custom characters (except for Heinrix and Argenta).

And...now I've abandoned it.

I was running a party with three psykers and, without Cassia around to help manage Veil Degradation, shit goes south pretty quick and you're suddenly fighting multiple warp demons on top of already difficult bosses.

So, now I've started another playthrough, again mostly with custom characters, but this time I'm focusing mostly on ballistics. I still have multiple psykers, but now I'm using them for occasional buffs instead of offense. (Speaking of which, that one divination staff you can pick up at the prison colony is kind of underrated--guaranteeing a critical hit against one enemy for 0 AP is quite good, especially early on.)

The difference is pretty night and day. I was even able to win the first Chaos Space Marine fight without too much trouble.

However, did the new patch break turning in space combat? Very often now, when the indicators on screen say I'm going to turn 45 degrees, I end up turning 90 degrees at the last second. I don't remember seeing this during my first playthrough and it's really damn annoying.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
However, did the new patch break turning in space combat? Very often now, when the indicators on screen say I'm going to turn 45 degrees, I end up turning 90 degrees at the last second. I don't remember seeing this during my first playthrough and it's really damn annoying.
I've only had this happen when using the speed-up from toybox. It's a pain in the ass, because battles are a lot slower without it, but the speed-up seems to fully break space combat. Not only does the turn-angle change randomly, but many ships won't use their abilities at all, meaning you might be in range of 3+ ships but none of them will even fire a single attack at you.

ArchAngel

Arcane
So, I started a second playthrough last week. This time, I made my RT a psyker and tried to use mostly custom characters (except for Heinrix and Argenta).

I was running a party with three psykers and, without Cassia around to help manage Veil Degradation, shit goes south pretty quick and you're suddenly fighting multiple warp demons on top of already difficult bosses.

So, now I've started another playthrough, again mostly with custom characters, but this time I'm focusing mostly on ballistics. I still have multiple psykers, but now I'm using them for occasional buffs instead of offense. (Speaking of which, that one divination staff you can pick up at the prison colony is kind of underrated--guaranteeing a critical hit against one enemy for 0 AP is quite good, especially early on.)

The difference is pretty night and day. I was even able to win the first Chaos Space Marine fight without too much trouble.

This is an irritating bug that happened before big patch. I reported it on Xbox multiple times but it seems they are incapable of fixing it and it makes space combat super irritating.
No mods on Xbox.

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
Just got to Act 3. I thought Yrliet's
betrayal would be handled worse, but it was more stupidity than actual malice
it made more sense and wans't SO bad as i was let to believe. It's a lot easier to forgive than i thought would be.

Act 3 is a brezee to play , if you play as Psyker, nothing changes lmao. You're still busted as befor..

Camel

Scholar
it made more sense and wans't SO bad as i was let to believe. It's a lot easier to forgive than i thought would be.

Act 3 is a brezee to play , if you play as Psyker, nothing changes lmao. You're still busted as befor..
Tell me one reason not to have her
head on a pike
? I struggle with justification to
forgive her even on an Iconoclast playthrough and your companions who got tortured by the Dark Eldar justifiably demand to execute Yrliet

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist

head on a pike
forgive her even on an Iconoclast playthrough and your companions who got tortured by the Dark Eldar justifiably demand to execute Yrliet
Because you're trapped in Space Hell and looking for any help to , you can always kill her later if you don't forgive her. I still think about killing her or not.. I just said that was easier to forgive her than i thought was because based on the spoilers that i saw , she sounded like truly unforgivable. I though she betrayed us on purpose and was still acting like she was derserving of saving. What i got in my game was better than i expected

Ebonsword

Arcane

This is an irritating bug that happened before big patch. I reported it on Xbox multiple times but it seems they are incapable of fixing it and it makes space combat super irritating.
No mods on Xbox.

Hmm, I was playing for a few weeks before the big patch hit, and never experienced it then. I'm on PC with no mods. I guess I just got lucky.

Ebonsword

Arcane

head on a pike

Yeah, I was willing to let her live until my companions were, like, "Bitch gotta die". I figured that, if they were *that* upset about it, maybe I was the one making the mistake.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom