Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

waste of fucking time

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
Stop wasting your fucking time talking about RPG, playing new RPGs, etc. News flash: THERE WILL NEVER BE ANOTHER RPG AS GOOD AS THAT OLD ONE THAT YOU REALLY LIKED. It's over. The art of CRPG making has been lost. It might be rediscovered in two hundred or so but for now there's no chance. No chance. It's like lost technologies these people have no fucking clue how the technologies were created, they can kind of get these RPG devices up and running but they're just shoddy, hodgepodge mockeries clanking along, fueled by your stupid fucking delusions. You're basically addicted, you got your first high years ago with the infinity engine games or fallout or wizardry or whatever and ever since been you have wasting your time pursuing another high that can measure up that first experience. It won't happen, move on. Forget about it. Get a new hobby, something that takes actual skill or technical ability.

Mustawd

Uh oh. Chill out AO. This is like that thing that happens before people are gone 4evah and then come back. Don't do it!

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I don't have any particular allegiances so I'm doing just fine. :cool:

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
AO is right about one thing. Once you've reached a certain skill level in RPG's there is no amount of complexity that will make them hold your interest for long.

It's better to find something more challenging to spend ur time on and play rpg's occasionally.

and why the fuck doesn't kerbal space program use real physics in it's calculations. da fuk men.

Ash

Arcane
Stop wasting your fucking time talking about RPG, playing new RPGs, etc. News flash: THERE WILL NEVER BE ANOTHER RPG AS GOOD AS THAT OLD ONE THAT YOU REALLY LIKED. It's over. The art of CRPG making has been lost. It might be rediscovered in two hundred or so but for now there's no chance. No chance. It's like lost technologies these people have no fucking clue how the technologies were created, they can kind of get these RPG devices up and running but they're just shoddy, hodgepodge mockeries clanking along, fueled by your stupid fucking delusions. You're basically addicted, you got your first high years ago with the infinity engine games or fallout or wizardry or whatever and ever since been you have wasting your time pursuing another high that can measure up that first experience. It won't happen, move on. Forget about it. Get a new hobby, something that takes actual skill or technical ability.

I realized this a long time ago. So I did one of the best things I could have possibly done given the situation: I got actual technical skill and improved the very one good old game I fell in love with.

It's not just cRPGs anyway, but good old school game design in general that seems to be slipping away, but not all is lost yet. There's been a couple modern games (very few) that will be remembered as classics in the future. And there's a shit load of old games still to be played anyway if you don't stick to one genre, and can also replay your old favorites with mods bolted on. This hobby has enough to give to last a lifetime even if entirely disregarding new games. The best part is a lot of the classics are either free, or extremely cheap.

duanth123

Arcane
You're basically addicted, you got your first high years ago with the infinity engine games or fallout or wizardry or whatever and ever since been you have wasting your time pursuing another high that can measure up that first experience.

I don't have any particular allegiances so I'm doing just fine. :cool:

Is this a "saddest poster on the Codex" competition.

Sjukob

Arcane
Sure , just give me acess to GD , so I can get out of this shithole .

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
rorschach-1.jpg

Trashos

Arcane
You know, I would have agreed, but recently I have been playing AoD, and now I am also installing Underrail. So I am too busy enjoying my builds.

Higher Game

Arcane

Modern RPG's that aren't mobile trash are a lot less based on addiction now than the old ones. And TV/music/politics has never been nastier, dumber, and relatively more expensive than ever. Step back and look at the whole picture.

Snufkin

Augur
Well KoTC2 will be released. I know it will be good. Fuck naysayers.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom