Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What game are you wasting time on?

sullynathan

Arcane
I installed NVSE. Truthfully, I installed all those mods together and so many patches at once that I was mindfucked. I was using mod organizer (usually I manually install mods) and I thought it would be easy so I just kept downloading shit. It seems that my game will work with FOOK, Project Nevada and weapon mods expanded worked but the rest didn't.
I will try again but if this shit doesn't work, I'll only use Project Nevada. I really just want some cool weapons but I guess other mods will do.
Are you using LOOT to sort your load order? From what I've read if you have a lot of mods you can't rely on the built-in sorter from MO as it is outdated.
I just recently downloaded LOOT so I wasn't using it when I downloaded all those mods.

I'll try it again really soon. I was just gifted New Vegas Ultimate by some guy :smug:

CrustyBot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Finally getting around to playing W2DC.

Hope I get some mileage out of this WCDS playthrough. :kwafuckyeah:

XiifxoN.png

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
Started playing Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines after 10+ years. I forgot how good and fun this game is. It helps that I've gotten better at tactics and learned to use the hotkeys...

Mustawd

Ugh...finally beat Call of Juarez. What a mediocre FPS. The dev team did a good job with the western theme, but the gameplay was meh. Especially the platforming pieces.

Continuing with my playthrough of Titan Quest, HoMM1, and Millenium 1 (RPGMaker shovelware).

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
During the Steam sale I bought a couple of "Hidden Object" Puzzle games on good deals. One of them surprised me a little with its depth of plot: "Mind Snares: Alice's Journey" puts you in the shoes of an "Office Space"-esque cubicle worker that feels like she's losing control of her life. Due to the machinations of a mysterious robed figure, she's abducted to a strange, twisted world that seems to be based upon aspects of her own life.

There's a lot of symbolism and hidden meanings about in the in-game imagery and objects, which mostly leads to players trying to figure out just what exactly is going on here. The game ends on a cliffhanger (and no sequel has been planned) but while digging up that info I found a post on Steam whose title made me pause...

Is this spiritual successor to Planescape: Torment?

:nocountryforshitposters:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I now have over 60 beaten games this year, just like last year. My backlog is bigger than ever, though.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
jedi knight jedi outcast

i don't remember the levels being this bad, but they are actually starting to piss me off.
I've always held, against popular consensus, that Jedi Knight was a much, much better game than JO, and this the major (though by no means only) reason why.

finally, a combo of "the last remnant" + "mount & blade - prophesy of pendor mod" + "ate too much, too tired to move" is slowly taking me away from warframe.

Deflowerer

Arcane
The Witcher. What a retarded combat system. What were they thinking? Might actually be the worst combat system I've experienced.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Started playing a variety of animu-tastic games. Dragon's Crown, Trails in the Sky and Operation Abyss.

I'm almost finished with Dragon's Crown, I was gonna do all the quests but the repetition is starting to set in so I'm just gonna blaze through the amulets to kill the big bad. After that I'll start with something more western to counter all this anime. Basically I'm finally setting out to finish Duke Nukem 3D. I'll also pick back up Age of Wonders since I want to re-do the Light Campaign, my character was way too uninteresting.

So, Trails. I can't say what hasn't been said. Solid writing, fun combat system, the only bad part might be the character graphics. They look very PS1. The environments themselves look great in 1080p.

Operation Abyss is well...it's nice. For a dungeon crawler the dungeons are certainly interesting, but the combat is a click-A fest and the only redeeming factor is the crafting. Which I hear was nerfed from the original game. I think I'm gonna drop this game for now and just play the original, I got a really sour taste in my from all the button pressing.

The Witcher. What a retarded combat system. What were they thinking? Might actually be the worst combat system I've experienced.

What's wrong with it? Doesn't everyone like clicking in the same rhythm over and over and over again? God help you if you want to use a spell?

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Not to worry, CD Projekt learned their lesson and revamped combat in The Witcher II so that it's even worse than in the original. Plus the sequel has more and improved semi-interactive cutscenes. :happytrollboy:

Of course, despite everything, I will get around to playing the third game sometime.

sullynathan

Arcane
I always feel like cdpr are tryhards in this whole "hardcore rpg" stuff.

Not to worry, CD Projekt learned their lesson and revamped combat in The Witcher II so that it's even worse than in the original. Plus the sequel has more and improved semi-interactive cutscenes. :happytrollboy:

Of course, despite everything, I will get around to playing the third game sometime.
currently torrenting as we speak:salute:

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I'm starting to suspect that somewhere around the end of 00's some critic said too loud that fighting games have worst vidya gaem stories around ArcSys staff, since finally having acquired Xrd I can honestly say that "makes top class fighting games with better writing than 99% of other games ever" is a company signature with ArcSys. The entire crew going "WE'LL SHOW THEM, WE'LL SHOW THEM ALL" is the only possible explanation.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS FINISHING UP FAR CRY 3 ON THE FAGBOX BROS AND I HAVE ONE QUESTIONOIN\]

DOES THE DEVS WHO MAKE FAR CRT EVER PLAY THERE GAMES CAUSE EACH ONE SO FAR HASD SOME REALLT REALLY COOL PARTS MIXED WITH TOTAL SHIT FAGGOT RETARDATION

FIRST ONEW THE MONSTERS WERE FUCKING BORING THE SECOND ONE THE NEGRO PATROLS WERE SHIT AND IN 3 THE STORY MISSION ARE MOSRLTY FUCKING UISELESS

BROS ALSO PLAYING QUAKE WITH DARKPLACES AND SOME TEXTURE MODS BROS QUAKE IS JUST GOOD FUN

spekkio

Arcane
I've been neglecting this thread recently... In 2015 I wasted the most of my time on 2 games:

Dark Heart of Uukrul

:5/5:

Pros:
- Crooked Bae calls it one of the best dungeon crawlers evar and from my limited experience I would agree.
- A whole complex and interesting world on a single floppy. :salute:
- Very simple yet interesting and rewarding combat system. RT can suck a dick, TB is where it's at. Applied 25 years ago, applies now.
- Great writing, funny and intelligent. Sagaris for president.
- Longer than Malcar's dick.
- Always fair, even if certain things don't look that way initially (I didn't have to use a single Medal of Escape).
- Multiple solutions to problems.
- Shitload of content can be skipped, yet you still be able to beat the game.
- Two guys made one of the best games ever. :salute:

Cons:
- UI is a little bit anachronic (manual input of spells). Using some hotkey=macro program is advised. I've been using Perfect Keyboard.
- Some puzzles are over the top hard even by past standards (crossword).
- Requires manual mapping in certain areas, which can put some people off.
- Not enough info about equipment, except selling price.
- Characters' development is p. crude / linear.

Invisible Inc.

:5/5:

Pros:
- One of the best TB games ever made, and I played a lot of them (X-coms, JAs, Front Missions, FFT and some more).
- Fantastic combat system (TB-ISO), giving the player almost total control. Only drops are random, everything else is left to player's choice. If you fucked up (found, killed), it's in 99% cases your own fault. Liked this much more than the randomness of JA (missed shots, open areas) and X-com (missed shots, random rape).
- Many layers of the gameplay: avoiding guards / cameras, managing agents' AP, power level, cooldowns, inventory, daemons, etc.). Awesome.
- Very competent artistically: nice graphics, animations, sounds, writing, etc.
- Almost every gameplay aspect can be configured in options. Think Open X-com level of tuning.
- Agents being mostly identical, with only one distinctive aug looked like a bad idea initially, but it's actually great. You can develop them in any way you want, yet they will keep their distinctive roles if you want (Int - scout + power harvester, Xu - hacker / troll, Draco - Dr Lecter).
- Almost infinite replay value. I lost interest (for now) only after 3 replays.
- Fantastic stage generator: levels are very well designed despite being randomly generated.
- Everything feels very well thought-of / tested (opening door = 0 AP, augs, items, costs of using them, etc.). You don't have the "WTF were they thinking / Was this shit even tested?" thoughts, like in many contemporary games.

Cons:
- No quick info about maximum level of guards you can KO. Many aspects influence this (prod KO level, unit augs) and you have to do the math yourself.
- Some items/augs/programs are clearly inferior to others.
- Contingency Plan DLC is fucking disappointing: new tasers are shit, Mk. 4 items are shit, new agents aren't that great, data logs aren't that interesting, optional goals in missions give shitty prizes, saves got corrupted more often than in vanilla. I liked new augmented guards, though. :2/5:

Best agent:

Invisible-Inc-Side-Screenshot-1.jpg

giphy.gif

(Xu is more of a cheat code) :lol:

Currently "playing":
- X-wing,
- RE1 HD Remake,
- SC - Pandora Tomorrow.

sullynathan

Arcane
currently torrenting as we speak:salute:
For your sake, I hope you're referring to the third Witcher game rather than the second one.
I finished installing Witcher 3 early on in the afternoon today and the game runs like shit even on the lowest setting. I destroyed that filth from my computer.
I already played Witcher 2 years ago on the Xbox the way it was supposed to be played.

BROS FINISHING UP FAR CRY 3 ON THE FAGBOX BROS AND I HAVE ONE QUESTIONOIN\]

DOES THE DEVS WHO MAKE FAR CRT EVER PLAY THERE GAMES CAUSE EACH ONE SO FAR HASD SOME REALLT REALLY COOL PARTS MIXED WITH TOTAL SHIT FAGGOT RETARDATION

FIRST ONEW THE MONSTERS WERE FUCKING BORING THE SECOND ONE THE NEGRO PATROLS WERE SHIT AND IN 3 THE STORY MISSION ARE MOSRLTY FUCKING UISELESS

BROS ALSO PLAYING QUAKE WITH DARKPLACES AND SOME TEXTURE MODS BROS QUAKE IS JUST GOOD FUN
The series has switched hands a lot. Blood dragon is good though, it doesn't take itself seriously at all.

Sranchammer

Arcane
Vatnik
Dead State: Reanimated

Its the only recent RPG to keep my attention past an hour.

Highlight so far is guiding a small zombie horde to kill a group of looters while I picked them off from behind. Still nearly died from zombie backlash and super looter guy.

Now I have armor :smug:

10/10

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
I finished installing Witcher 3 early on in the afternoon today and the game runs like shit even on the lowest setting. I destroyed that filth from my computer.
I already played Witcher 2 years ago on the Xbox the way it was supposed to be played.
Potatoland cannot into optimization, sadly enough.

Catfish

Learned
- Don't Starve RoTG;
- Xenonauts;
- Underrail.

Haven't had such amounts of fun in a long time.

The Goe Goes

Novice
Inspired by a thread I saw somewhere online I finally put together LaunchBox and all them emulators. Oh lawdy, so many fan translated SNES games I have yet to play even if it'll take me forever to get around to them.

:shredder:

But now I'm just replaying Way of the Samurai for PS2. This time I will endeavor to actually unlock all the faces and costumes, for real.
Launchbox it's a great deal:) You reminded me of the first Shin Megami Tensei and Seiken Densetsu 3 getting moldy on my hdd:negative:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom