Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wrath of the cringefinder compilation thread

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
Which companions would you recommend? Kind of put off by what I'm reading in this thread tbh. I detested the companions of Pillars II except Maia Rua who I really liked (and the non-cringe content of Serafen, which was easily missable among the cringe). And it kind of looks like WotR went full PoE II/BioWare here
Lann, Regill (great character), Ember, Arueshalae (often pretty dumb and naive, despite being hundred years old, but inoffensive), Woljif, Daeran (just don't flirt with him like some retards here, he will get a hint).

Last edited:

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I actually found Daeran quite amusing in general, his degeneracy aside (which is actually played for laughs/shock rather than being portrayed as acceptable).

As Fowyr says, just don't flirt with him.

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
I actually found Daeran quite amusing in general, his degeneracy aside (which is actually played for laughs/shock rather than being portrayed as acceptable).
Also there is a great repartee between him and Lann. Always make me smile.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

He also has some interesting interactions with Ember. Pretty much the only companion he doesn't snark at or insult.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
rather than being portrayed as acceptable

My reason for disliking degeneracy isn't whether or not it is portrayed as "acceptable" or any other political reasons. It's that it reads like the cringe fanfiction of a 13-year-old virgin.

It just comes off as extremely juvenile. I hated it with every companion in PoE II, but found that besides Regongar and to some extend Octavia, there wasn't much of it in Kingmaker. Sad to see apparantly most WotR companions suffer from it.

Thanks for the suggestions all the same, however!

Israfael

Arcane
I actually found Daeran quite amusing in general, his degeneracy aside
He just has to be degenerate - if you are a member of high aristocracy, it is expected of you to be degenerate, bored to death and yet constantly witty and unperturbed by anything.

Daeran is basically Petronius the Arbiter as depicted in Henrik Sienkewicz's 'Quo vadis?' - a typical aristocrat sybarite that casually combines refinement with degeneracy and yet has some sort of principles / lines that he won't cross. Pretty sure there are many other world literature figures that fit the mold, of course, but that's what the Russian writers might have read in practice.

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Greybor is a very inconsistent character. That said, he doesn't interject much in normal circumstances so he's one of the more "sane" companions as long as you don't prod him for his life story.

Which companions would you recommend? Kind of put off by what I'm reading in this thread tbh. I detested the companions of Pillars II except Maia Rua who I really liked (and the non-cringe content of Serafen, which was easily missable among the cringe). And it kind of looks like WotR went full PoE II/BioWare here
Take the damn Gnome (Regill), Daerun gets some nice dialogue and chirps (don’t romance him.). Everyone else is kind of shit or completely forgettable.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
For anyone wonder about Lilura's cameo (before removal)
Was she in the beta version? Where could you find her?

Tron (I think?) posted some screencaps in one of the Wrath threads before the game was released. I've no idea whether it actually made it into the backer beta, though I assume it did.

Infinitron - Dunno if you can shed more light on this?

They didn't remove her. They renamed/reskinned the character (she's an Oread now, I believe). The original from the beta: https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads...go-to-new-thread.130920/page-219#post-7163677

9a7ByOb.jpg

Why the rename happened? I totally didn't get the reference, unlike Blakemoor.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
fixed

infinitron said:
I am Li Lura, a shitposter, a baldur's gate-player and a scholar of classical rpgs from Fair Codexia! I admit that I am insanely fucking offended that my blog is entirely unknown to you [...]

Last edited:

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
fixed

infinitron said:
I am Li Lura, a shitposter, a baldur's gate-player and a scholar of classical rpgs from Fair Codexia! I admit that I am insanely fucking offended that my blog is entirely unknown to you [...]

It's a real shame we couldn't keep that in. The Dragon "Lady" detested Pathfinder, so it was extra amusing having a reference to xer in the game.

Oh well.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
fixed

infinitron said:

It's a real shame we couldn't keep that in. The Dragon "Lady" detested Pathfinder, so it was extra amusing having a reference to xer in the game.

Oh well.

Sic transit gloria mundi indeed

Delterius

Arcane

He also has some interesting interactions with Ember. Pretty much the only companion he doesn't snark at or insult.
hes a good take on an evil character in general. moreso defined by a destructive personality than mwahaha evil. hence why he doesn't even try to snark at ember.

Camel

Scholar
Welcome back! What's happening with the party line changing considering this thread?

Codex Year of the Donut
Checked the past few pages and I thought I posted about this. Did I really not post about this in this thread?

There's a literal shit succubus. A succubus made entirely out of feces, yes it's obviously someone's sick fetish. And, because the authors and the fans are fucked in the head, of course you can have sex with the shit succubus and get a bonus for doing it(along with an achievement)
fulsomequeen.png

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
can you flush afterwards?
No.

But it should have been implemented with 10 flasks of Holy Water, f.e. The hero looses all bonuses from her gift, restores Charisma - but receives vulnerability to any poison and disease associated with filth. Sickened condition automatically becomes nauseated, diseases have twice DC to roll against and proc twice as fast.

Rejecting supernatural gifts should have a high cost.

Bruma Hobo

Lurker
Checked the past few pages and I thought I posted about this. Did I really not post about this in this thread?

There's a literal shit succubus. A succubus made entirely out of feces, yes it's obviously someone's sick fetish. And, because the authors and the fans are fucked in the head, of course you can have sex with the shit succubus and get a bonus for doing it(along with an achievement)
you-come-across-an-enchanted-piss-forest-golden-pissy-trees-51437982.png

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
Pissplay is tame as fuck compared to the spider and shit fetishism in this game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom