Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Xbox Showcase 2024: Dragon Age: The Veilguard, Starfield: Shattered Space, Avowed

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
State of Decay 3 dawg!
I hope they learned their lessons with State of Decay 2. The first one was great, but the sequel was hemorrhoidal shit. The big new feature of co-op multiplayer was so restrictive that there wasn't much point in anyone other than the host playing it, which makes it pretty much pointless.
Are you "Shit"-post farming? Like seriously, what is your end goal here?
Holy shit! There's news about RPGs on the RPG News page! What the fuck is that all about?

Sure, they're probably going to be crap considering all the stuff that just came out about the tranny designer of Dragon Age: Vielguard being BioWare's gayest RPG ever, and given that dude has to mention he's gay at least three times in limited space of his Twitter bio as if he's a gold metalist in hitting his mouth with a penis, I'm going to take his word for it that it's going to be really, REALLY gay. And let's face it, Starfield was what Bethesda told us it was going to be since they brag about how they don't hire writers and let their level designers do all their own writing while the head writer of the game doesn't believe in design docs. I can imagine that the DLC will be more of that same outstanding work. Even Avowed seems to be riding a rocky road downhill in a wooden cart with only three wheels, and it's probably the best of that bunch.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
I hope they learned their lessons with State of Decay 2. The first one was great, but the sequel was hemorrhoidal shit.

I liked both of them, but I've only played SoD2 couple years after launch. You might wanna try it again, I've heard on launch it was hot garbage, but there's been a fuckton of patches.

Cohesion

Liturgist
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Point, laugh, wait for release, then point and laugh harder.
It's not fun anymore - akin autistically beating dead horse for years. Looks like obsession, not a funny pastime.
Hey grandpa are you still fighting woketard corposhit? 20 years was not enough?

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
It's not fun anymore - akin autistically beating dead horse for years. Looks like obsession, not a funny pastime.
I still find it pretty funny, but in a dark comedy way.

It is an obsession, for me personally. Part of the reason I do this for a living is because I'm tired of corposhit, and I hate it probably more than even most people on this site.

I mean, if I asked for a sign it's definitely there. At this point the universe is basically telling me "look dude, look at the competition you have. If you don't make it, it's on you."

So I'll go for it.

Cohesion

Liturgist
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

It is an obsession, for me personally. Part of the reason I do this for a living is because I'm tired of corposhit, and I hate it probably more than even most people on this site.

I mean, if I asked for a sign it's definitely there. At this point the universe is basically telling me "look dude, look at the competition you have. If you don't make it, it's on you."

So I'll go for it.
Yeah, you have your reasons - to prove that you are better dev with peanut budget than multimillion fucktards and I admire your motivation.

For me it is more like:
It's_All_So_Tiresome.jpg

I don't feel anything after BG3 / DOS / Starfield / Outer worlds. Endless stream of shit games.
Laughing at them is like laughing at down syndrome children. This industry is beyond repair and not in a funny way.

Baron Tahn

Scholar

So I'll go for it.
Yeah, you have your reasons - to prove that you are better dev with peanut budget than multimillion fucktards and I admire your motivation.

For me it is more like:
View attachment 50757
I don't feel anything after BG3 / DOS / Starfield / Outer worlds. Endless stream of shit games.
Laughing at them is like laughing at down syndrome children. This industry is beyond repair and not in a funny way.
Do not give up! Do not go quietly into the night! Rage, rage against the dying of the light, etc - if we don't then a whole generation gets groomed into accepting trash as the gold standard.
Laughing at them is like laughing at down syndrome children. This industry is beyond repair.

Just like how nothing good lasts forever, this shitty period in media won't either.
I agree, I just wontlder if the next era will be any better. Always think of Star Wars EU - it was kinda average, the books...the games were good but always felt like so much potential. You look back now and that was as good as it got.

WarHamster

Augur
Patron
I didn't know you could reach such extreme levels of cringe as the Dragon Age trailer did. Bioware truly are the masters of the decline and they outdid themselves, again. I need brain bleach.

Do not go quietly into the night! Rage, rage against the dying of the light
There was a great song with exact these lyrics, but I forgot it's name(title) and author - could you remind, please?
Don't know about a song, but that's from Dylan Thomas' poem originally. (https://poets.org/poem/do-not-go-gentle-good-night)

gabel

fork's latest account
Patron
Laughing at them is like laughing at down syndrome children. This industry is beyond repair.
Just like how nothing good lasts forever, this shitty period in media won't either.
You've seen nothing yet.
We still have the good outlier here and there.
We're still at the beginning of decline, not at the end.

Do not give up! Do not go quietly into the night! Rage, rage against the dying of the light, etc - if we don't then a whole generation gets groomed into accepting trash as the gold standard.
Too late.

Drowed

Arcane

When a JRPG is far and away the best RPG shown at a Microsoft showcase you know things are fucked.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom