Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

A List of RPGs - A Codex Collaboration

PapaPetro

Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Link up for what purpose exactly?
Well it seems like you guys are doing a lot of parallel operations.
I don't know if you've noticed this yet. I assumed you guys did.
How so? Apart from the games themselves and a developer/year, there's really no crossover. There's also currently more games listed here than in the crpg book. Am I missing something?

Then there's different functions like this list gives you a basic overview just from a quick glance. I've read almost every entry in crpg book and many times I don't get information like if a game is turn-based or real-time for example. Different uses.

PapaPetro

Link up for what purpose exactly?
Well it seems like you guys are doing a lot of parallel operations.
I don't know if you've noticed this yet. I assumed you guys did.
How so? Apart from the games themselves and a developer/year, there's really no crossover. There's also currently more games listed here than in the crpg book. Am I missing something?

Then there's different functions like this list gives you a basic overview just from a quick glance. I've read almost every entry in crpg book and many times I don't get information like if a game is turn-based or real-time for example. Different uses.
Not that.
The research aspect.
You guys both have the same archivists aim for cRPGs.
It's like two Guvner branches and you don't even know it.

Not everyone is willing to do it, not even myself, but you guys are special and willing.
That's why you should probably shoot the shit with those guys and come up with something even better than what you're doing right now.
I've been using both groups resources (primarily to discover old games I missed) and see a lot of synergy with you guys working together and improving the overall aim we have.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
There's many types of resources and initiatives on this sense, and all of them do something different. Matt Barton gets first-hand info, the CRPG Addict reexamines every game, HG101 is great for JRPGs and Korean RPGs, Lilura breaks down the inner workings of each title, a certain Russian website I'm not sure I can mention collects & reviews many non-Western stuff, etc...

I think people sometimes ask for an all-in-one mega project that simply doesn't make sense. Even huge projects like MobyGames and the Internet Archive need to have a somewhat limited scope.

IMHO, the role of the CRPG Book is to collect & digest some of that info and present it in a streamlined way for more mainstream audiences – people who will never play even Dungeon Master, much less obscure stuff like Realmz or Prelude to Darkness, but might want to read about them.

That said, maybe I'm missing something but I have a question: why a forum thread and not a Google sheet? You could do like community projects like the RP3 handheld emulation list, where there's an open tab for community submissions that then gets approved and added to the main tabs: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/103503TsnahFfuBKGlFAqC2r69acWaf578I6TEZuZDP4/edit?usp=sharing

Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
There's many types of resources and initiatives on this sense, and all of them do something different. Matt Barton gets first-hand info, the CRPG Addict reexamines every game, HG101 is great for JRPGs and Korean RPGs, Lilura breaks down the inner workings of each title, a certain Russian website I'm not sure I can mention collects & reviews many non-Western stuff, etc...

I think people sometimes ask for an all-in-one mega project that simply doesn't make sense. Even huge projects like MobyGames and the Internet Archive need to have a somewhat limited scope.

IMHO, the role of the CRPG Book is to collect & digest some of that info and present it in a streamlined way for more mainstream audiences – people who will never play even Dungeon Master, much less obscure stuff like Realmz or Prelude to Darkness, but might want to read about them.

That said, maybe I'm missing something but I have a question: why a forum thread and not a Google sheet? You could do like community projects like the RP3 handheld emulation list, where there's an open tab for community submissions that then gets approved and added to the main tabs: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/103503TsnahFfuBKGlFAqC2r69acWaf578I6TEZuZDP4/edit?usp=sharing
I am keeping track of it in excel. Everything's in rhe early stages but I have a crude format already set up for filtering for years, country, developer, tags, etc. + separate sheets with some simple analysis of specifics things. When the list gets to a point where I'm struggling to where I'm struggling to even think of/find more games is when I'll finalize the doc. After that, well, will cross that bridge when we get there. As for why forum thread, that was the original plan Abu Antar set up.

The closest resource to this is crpg addicts master spreadsheet, but that only goes up to 2013, and many games have some incorrect info because he hasn't curated games he didn't play yet. Many have a country of "unknown", some have the wrong country listed, wrong year, etc. Some aren't even rpgs because he curates/axes games as he gets to them. I have to go full stalker mode on multiple people to find information that's not readily available for many of the obscure games.

Last edited:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The reason why I am not doing a google doc is because I wanted this to be a codex thing. Preferably, I would have liked to use the games section, and edited that. Adding all of the info in this thread, but also more articles, let's plays, screens, scans, and so on.

Since that is not an option, I created a thread, And as Bosanski said, there is a private google doc (for now).

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Atelier Marie: The Alchemist of Salburg
Released: April 28, 2000 (PC)
Country of Origin: Japan
Developer: Gust
Publisher: Gust
Tags: JRPG, Crafting, Turn-based, Party-based, Minigames, Time Limit, Multiple Endings, Port
Atelier Elie: The Alchemist of Salburg 2
Released: April 28, 2000
Developer: Gust
Publisher: Gust
Tags: JRPG, Crafting, Turn-based, Party-based, Minigames, Time Limit, Multiple Endings, Port

Battle of the Youstrass
Released: 2000
Country of Origin: South Korea
Developer: Team DarkLand, Inc.
Publisher: Team DarkLand, Inc.
Tags: Turn-based, Top Down Camera, Tactical, Party-based, Mechs, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Anime

BattlePets
Country of Origin:
Developer: Aggressive Game Designs
Publisher: Aggressive Game Designs
Tags: Turn-based, Side View Battles, Monster Catching
Gameplay Video by The Rarest Gamer

Bewang Bie Ji
Country of Origin: China
Developer: Zhengpu Software
Publisher: Zhengpu Software
Tags: Chinese, Untranslated, Turn-based, Party-based, 3D Graphics, Chinese History, Chinese Mythology, Overworld Map

Brutish Mine
Released: September 14th, 2000
Developer: Illusion
Publisher: Illusion
Tags: Untranslated, Turn-based, Party-based, 3D Graphics, Adult Content, 18+, Eroge, Sci-Fi, Fixed Camera View
Gameplay Video by はるを
Trailer

Last edited:
Obscure Indies:

7 Mages
Released: June 23, 2016
Country of Origin: Czechia
Developer: Napolean Games
Publisher: Napolean Games
Tags: Turn-Based, Party-Based, First Person, Fantasy, Magic, Puzzles, Dungeon Crawler, Grid-Based Movement

Aethra Chronicles
Released: 1994
Country of Origin: USA
Developer: Michael W. Lawrence
Publisher: Michael W. Lawrence
Tags: Turn-Based, Party-Based, Class-Based, Fantasy, Medieval, Magic, Top Down, Pixel Graphics, Open World, AD&D

Age of Fear: The Undead King
Released: November 15, 2011
Country of Origin: Poland
Developer: Leslaw Sliwko
Publisher: Leslaw Sliwko
Tags: Turn-Based, Multiple Units, Top Down, Fantasy, Medieval, Magic, Strategy, Factions, Hex-Free, Permadeath, Open World

Age of Fear 2: The Chaos Lord
Released: 2012
Developer: Leslaw Sliwko
Publisher: Leslaw Sliwko
Tags: Turn-Based, Multiple Units, Top Down, Fantasy, Medieval, Magic, Strategy, Factions, Hex-Free, Permadeath, Open World

Artifact Adventure
Released: May 19, 2015
Developer: bluffman
Publisher: PLAYISM
Tags: Turn-Based, Party-Based, Class-Based, First Person Combat, Top Down Exploration, Fantasy, Magic, Open World, Multiple Endings, Pixel Graphics

Bludgeons and Krakens
Released: July 8, 2016
Developer: Cannibal Cat Software
Publisher: Cannibal Cat Software
Tags: Turn-Based, Class-Based, Single Character, Top Down, Open World, Pixel Graphics, Fantasy, Medieval, Grid-Based Movement

Cosmos: The Secret Melody
Released: January 5, 2020
Country of Origin: France
Developer: Dr. Floyd
Publisher: Dr. Floyd
Tags: Turn-Based, Single Character, Top Down, Open World, Sci-fi, Space, Survival, Pixel Graphics, Permadeath

Dark Disciples
Released: January 4, 2004
Country of Origin: Australia
Developer: DodgySoft
Publisher: DodgySoft
Tags: Turn-Based, Single Character, Classless, Top Down, Rougelike, Non-Linear, Fantasy, 2D, Level Editor

DataJack
Released: 2013
Developer: Epic Banana Games
Publisher: Epic Banana Games
Tags: Real-Time, Shooter, Stealth, Single Character, Isometric, Mission-Based, Non-Linear, Factions, Cyberpunk, Sci-fi, 2D

Dustbowl

Epikos

Released: February 21, 2016
Developer: Hummingbee Games
Publisher: Hummingbee Games
Tags: Turn-Based, Party-Based, Top Down, Grid-Based Movement, Pixel Graphics, Fantasy, Magic, Linear

Flame Storm
Released: 1995
Country of Origin: Canada
Developer: OSP Enr
Publisher: OSP Enr
Tags: Turn-Based, Party-Based, Class-Based, Top Down, Grid-Based Movement, Open World, Fantasy, Pixel Graphics

FreedroidRPG
Not dealing with this open source shit where it's impossible to figure out any release date

Goetia

Hellenica
Released: January 23, 2017
Developer: The Dragonloft
Publisher: The Dragonloft
Tags: Turn-Based, Party-Based, Isometric, Steampunk, Ancient Greece, Anime, 3D

Hellion
I don't fuck with RPGMaker shit

Heroes of Steel
Released: April 23, 2014
Developer: Trese Brothers
Publisher: Trese Brothers
Tags: Turn-Based, Party-Based, Top Down, Grid-Based Movement, Fantasy, Medieval, Post Apocalyptic, Magic

Iji

Last Dream
Released: March 13, 2014
Developer: White Giant RPG Studios
Publisher: White Giant RPG Studios
Tags: Turn-Based, Party-Based, Class-Based, Open World, Top Down, Pixel Graphics, Anime, Fantasy, Puzzles, Non-Linear

Legacy, The
Released: 2004
Country of Origin: Hungary
Developer: Redshift
Publisher: Redshift
Tags: Turn-Based, Party-Based, First Person, Dungeon Crawler, Blobber, Fantasy, Magic, Open World, Mobile Port

Lurking
Released: 2016
Developer: Oklabsoft
Publisher: Oklabsoft
Tags: Turn-Based, Party-Based, Classless, Top Down, Fantasy, Magic, Pixel Graphics, Open World, Non-Linear

Lurking 2: A Madness
Released: 2018
Developer: Oklabsoft
Publisher: Oklabsoft
Tags: Turn-Based, Party-Based, Classless, Top Down, Fantasy, Magic, Pixel Graphics, Open World, Non-Linear

Mr. Robot

Occult Chronicles, The

Pirates of the Western Seas

Ruzar - The Life Stone
Released: December 2, 2015
Country of Origin: France (Not 100% sure, could also be french canadian)
Developer: Hammer Glass Studio
Publisher: Hammer Glass Studio
Tags: Real-Time, Single Character, Dungeon Crawler, Fantasy, Medieval, Magic, Puzzles, Grid-Based Movement

Theseus: Journey to Athens
Released: February 28, 2019
Developer: Antiquity Studio
Publisher: Antiquity Studio
Tags: Turn-Based, Single Character, Isometric, Ancient Greece, Greek Mythology, Multiple Endings

Tower of Darkness

Towers of Twilight

Released: 2016
Country of Origin: Slovenia
Developer: Matija Kostevc
Publisher: Matija Kostevc
Tags: Turn-Based, Party-Based, First Person, Open World, Procedural Generation, Fantasy

Not a finished game

Trap for Winners

Unepic

Unexplored
Released: February 22, 2017
Country of Origin: Netherlands
Developer: Ludomotion
Publisher: Ludomotion
Tags: Real-Time, Single Character, Top Down, Roguelike, Puzzles, Procedural Generation

Void Pyramid
Released: December 5, 2016
Developer: Andi Hagen (Willy Elektrix)
Publisher: Andi Hagen (Willy Elektrix)
Tags: Turn-Based, Single Character, First Person Combat, Top Down Exploration, Dungeon Crawler, Puzzles, Post Apocalyptic, Aliens, Sci-fi, Non-Linear, Multiple Endings

WarWizard
Released: November 4, 1993
Developer: MicroGenesis
Publisher: MicroGenesis
Tags: Turn-Based, Party-Based, Top Down, Open World, Fantasy, Medieval, Magic, Pixel Graphics, Amiga, DOS

Waste Walkers
Released: June 1, 2015
Developer: Corrosive Studios
Publisher: Corrosive Studios
Tags: Turn-Based, Companions, Top Down, Open World, Post Apocalyptic, War, Survival, Crafting, Day/Night Cycle, Base Building

Whispers of Machine

Last edited:

Modron

Arcane
How are Goetia/Whispers of a Machine RPGs? Do you do what the Chinese do and call random things such as all VNs and some Adventure games RPGs?

^^ Modron List was taken from a pinned thread on GRPG, so blame the list creator)) I've cut hundreds of games from Codex top RPG list, crpg book, GOTY votes, etc., the decline will not get through me:obviously: They only get pasted here for future reference and so I don't have to have a bunch of word docs open all the time, can just come back to the thread and work on it when I have time. Only completed entries or those on the first page are the accepted games.

Obscure RPGs Part 1 (TB):

Caravaneer 2
Released: December 7, 2014
Country of Origin: Russia
Developer: Dmitry Zheltobriukhov
Publisher: Dmitry Zheltobriukhov
Tags: Turn-Based, Isometric, Companions, Post Apocalyptic, Open World, Multiple Endings, Trading, Resource Management

Elysian Fields
Released: 1998
Developer: Hyper Dimension Software
Publisher: Hyper Dimension Software
Tags: Turn-Based, Party-Based, Single Character, Top Down, 2D, Fantasy, Magic, QBASIC

Enchantasy: Quest for the Eternal Grimoire
Released: 1992
Developer: EGA Computing
Publisher: EGA Computing
Tags: Turn-Based, Party-Based, Top Down, Pixel Graphics, Fantasy, Magic

Gene Splicing
Released: October 8, 1999
Country of Origin: Unknown
Developer: Nachos Software
Publisher: Nachos Software
Tags: Turn-Based, Party-Based, First Person, Grid-Based Movement, Sci-fi, Futuristic, Space, Pseudo-3D, Bards Tale-Like

Grotesque Tactics: Evil Heroes
Released: October 15, 2010
Country of Origin: Germany
Developer: Silent Dreams
Publisher: Headup Publishing
Tags: Turn-Based, Isometric, Party-Based, Point & Click, Magic, Fantasy, Skill Tree, Factions, Linear, Satire, Comedy, Indie

Legends of Istanbul: Tulip Warriors
Released: 1994
Country of Origin: Turkey
Developer: SiliconWorx
Publisher: Raks New Media
Tags: Turn-Based, Party-Based, Isometric, First Person Exploration, Dungeon Crawling, Medieval, Comedy, Satire, Amiga, DOS

Planet's Edge: The Point of no Return
Released: 1991
Developer: New World Computing
Publisher: New World Computing
Tags: Turn-Based, Party-Based, Top Down, Real-Time Ship Battles, Sci-fi, Futuristic, Aliens, Open World, DOS, PC-98

Runesword 1
Released: September 1, 2000
Developer: CrossCut Games
Publisher: CrossCut Games
Tags: Turn-Based,Party-Based, Single Character, Isometric, Fantasy, Magic, Construction Kit

Stellar Police
Developer: William-Arthur Hood and Erin Flint
Publisher: William-Arthur Hood and Erin Flint
Tags: Turn-Based, Party-Based, Top Down, Contemporary, Hawaii

Sulis
Released: January 15, 2021
Developer: Jared Stephen
Publisher: Jared Stephen
Tags: Turn-Based, Party-Based, Class-Based, Top Down, Fantasy, Magic, 2D

Terra Aegrus
Released: January 10, 2006
Developer: GrayCore Software
Publisher: GrayCore Software
Tags: Turn-Based, Party-Based, Top Down, Tile-Based, Fantasy, Magic, 2D

The Dinoland Adventure
Released: 1999
Developer: Matthew Julius Brechner
Publisher: Matthew Julius Brechner
Tags: Turn-Based, Single Character, Class-Based, Side View, Hand Drawn Graphics, 2D, Dinosaurs

The Fifth Disciple (Brány Skeldalu II: Pátý učedník)
Released: December 1, 2002
Country of Origin: Czech Republic
Developer: Napolean Games
Publisher: Napolean Games
Tags: Turn-Based, Single Character, First Person, Point & Click, Adventure Fantasy, Magic, Puzzles

The Scent of War I: Damn Those Demons (1996)
Released: April 1996
Developer: Completely Insane Software
Publisher: Completely Insane Software
Tags: Turn-Based, Party-Based, Class-Based, First Person, Fantasy, Hand Drawn Graphics

Vampire's Fall: Origins
Released: January 31, 2020
Country of Origin: Sweden
Developer: Early Morning Studio
Publisher: Early Morning Studio
Tags: Turn-Based, Single Character, Side View Combat, Fantasy, Vampires, Open World

Last edited:
Obscure RPGs Part 2:

(RTwP)
Daemonsgate
Released: 1993
Country of Origin: United Kingdom
Developer: Imagitec Design
Publisher: Imagitex Design
Tags: RTwP, Party-Based, Top Down, Single Character, Fantasy, Horror, Demons, Linear

(Side Scroller)
Aztaka
Released: May 7, 2009
Developer: Citeremis
Publisher: Citeremis
Tags: Real-Time, Action, Side Scroller, Platformer, Single Character, Fantasy, Aztec Mythology

Lost Valley
Released: 2003
Country of Origin: France
Developer: Migami Games
Publisher: Migami Games
Tags: Real-Time, Action, Side View, Top Down, Fantasy, Zelda-like

The Spirit Engine 2
Released: July 30, 2008
Developer: Natomic Studios
Publisher: Natomic Studios
Tags: Real-Time, Party-Based, Side Scroller, Pixel Graphics, Fantasy, Anime

The Spirit Engine
Released: November 2003
Developer: Natomic Studios
Publisher: Natomic Studios
Tags: Real-Time, Party-Based, Side Scroller, Pixel Graphics, Fantasy

Last edited:
Obscure RPGs Part 3 (RT/Action):

Age of Pahlevans (عصر پهلوانان)
Released: 2009
Country of Origin: Iran
Developer: Modern Industry Center
Publisher: Ras Games
Tags: Real-Time, Action, Single Character, Third Person, Fantasy, Historical, Iranian Mythology

Bad Blood (1990)
Released: 1990
Developer: Origin Systems
Publisher: Origin Systems
Tags: Real-Time, Single Character, Top Down, Post-Apocalyptic, Pixel Graphics, Day/Night Cycle

Blood & Gold: Caribbean
Released: December 10, 2015
Developer: Snowbird Games
Publisher: Snowbird Games
Tags: Real-Time, Action, Third Person, Strategy, Open World, Pirates, Single Character, Naval Combat, Historical

BorderZone
Released: January 20, 2005
Developer: Saturn Plus, Orion
Publisher: 1C Company
Tags: Real-Time, Action, Third Person, Single Character, Fantasy, Post Apocalyptic, Non Linear

Crusaders of Might and Magic
Released: December 14, 1999
Developer: 3DO Company
Publisher: 3DO Company
Tags: Real-Time, Action, Single Character, Third Person, Fantasy

Defender of Boston: The Rock Island Mystery
Released: May 1992
Developer: Tim Wisseman
Publisher: Tim Wisseman
Tags: Real-Time, Single Character, Classless, First Person, Contemporary, Detective, Adventure, Survival Elements

Diver Down
Released: October 31, 2003
Developer: Grenideer
Publisher: Grenideer
Tags: Real-Time, Single Character, Isometric, 2D, Pixel Graphics

Dragon Riders: Chronicles of Pern
Released: August 12, 2001
Developer: Ubisoft UK
Publisher: Ubisoft
Tags: Real-Time, Action, Single Character, Sci-fi, Aliens, 3D, Based on Novel

ETROM: The Astral Essence
Released: February 26, 2006
Country of Origin: Italy
Developer: P.M. Studios
Publisher: Wild Hare Entertainment
Tags: Real-Time, Point & Click, Isometric, Single Character, Sci-fi, Dystopian, Demonology, Diablo Clone

Flare: Empyrean Campaign
Released: March 12, 2018
Developer: dorkster
Publisher: dorkster
Tags: Real-Time, Action, Single Character, Isometric, Fantasy, Medieval, 2D

GROM: Terror in Tibet
Released: November 25, 2002
Developer: Rebelmind
Publisher: CDV Software Entertainment
Tags: RTwP, Top Down, Party-Based, Point & Click, Alternate History, WW2, Linear

Knights of the Temple II
Released: November 24, 2005
Developer: Cauldron
Publisher: Playlogic Entertainment
Tags: Real-Time, Action, Single Character, Classless, Third Person, Fantasy, Medieval, Europe, Middle East, 3D, Non-Linear

Legend of Rhovanion
Released: February 3, 2007
Developer: Padz
Publisher: Padz
Tags: Real-Time, Single Character, Class-Based, Top Down, Pixel Graphics, Fantasy, Open World

Lords of Time
Released: 1992
Developer: Hollyware
Publisher: Hollyware
Tags: Real-Time, Top Down, Single Character, Pixel Graphics, Sci-Fantasy, Survival Elements, Mystery, Amiga

Necrotech
Released: 2003
Developer: Spectre Software
Publisher: Game Thoughts
Tags: Real-Time, Party-Based, Top Down, Sci-fi, Cyberpunk, Dystopian, 3D, Non-Linear

Neuro Hunter
Released: August 19, 2005
Country of Origin: Russia (Tentative)
Developer: Media Art
Publisher: Koch Media
Tags: Real-Time, Action, Single Character, First Person, Shooter, Sci-fi, Cyberpunk

Prince of Destruction
Released: November 16, 1995
Country of Origin: Unknown (Maybe Finland, Tentative)
Developer: BadgerCom Software
Publisher: BadgerCom Software
Tags: Real-Time, Party-Based, Class-Based, Top Down, Fantasy, Magic, Shareware, Local Co-op, Text Parser

Ring Cycle
Released: 1996
Developer: Maelstrom Games
Publisher: Psygnosis Limited
Tags: Real-Time, Single Character, First Person, Third Person, Fantasy, Mythology (German/Scandinavian), Adventure, Open World, Non-Linear

Tales of Zuidat
Released: February 21, 2007
Developer: Derbian Games
Publisher: Derbian Games
Tags: Turn-Based, First Person Combat, Party-Based, Class-Based, Tile-Based, Top Down Exploration, Fantasy, Magic

The Demon Rush: Legends Corrupt
Released: January 29, 2021
Developer: Dragoon Entertainment
Publisher: Dragoon Entertainment
Tags: Real-Time, Action, Companions, Third Person, Demons, NSFW, Sci-Fantasy

The Master's Eye
Released: April 1, 2018
Country of Origin: Netherlands
Developer: Richards Game Studio
Publisher: Richards Game Studio
Tags: Real-Time, Action, First Person, Single Character, Dungeon Crawler, Open World, Fantasy

The Three Musketeers: The Game
Released: October 13, 2009
Developer: Dingo Games
Publisher: Dingo Games
Tags: Real-Time, Point & Click, Party-Based, Top Down, Hand Drawn, 2D, 17th Century France, Based on Novel

Thrateon (تراتئون)
Released: 2013
Country of Origin: Iran
Developer: Noble Conductor
Publisher: Noble Conductor
Tags: Real-Time, Action, Single Character, Class-Based, First Person, Iranian Mythology

Wars and Warriors: Joan of Arc
Released: February 7, 2004
Country of Origin: Hong Kong
Developer: Enlight
Publisher: Enlight
Tags: Real-Time, Party-Based, Single Character, RTS, Classless, Isometric, First Person, Third Person, Historical, Medieval

Way of Cossack (Тарас Бульба)
Released: 2009
Developer: World Forge, Burut Creative Team
Publisher: Russobit-M, GFI Russia
Tags: Real-Time, Action, Single Character, Classless, Third Person, Historical, Europe, Medieval, Based on Novel

Last edited:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Nethack: Falcon's Eye
Released: 2001
Country of Origin: Finland
Developer: Jaakko Peltonen
Publisher: Jaakko Peltonen
Tags: Turn-based, Roguelike, Isometric, Dungeon Crawling, Pixel Graphics, Fantasy, Grid-based Movement, Class-based, Automapping

Seal: Travelers of Destiny
Release Date: April 14, 2000
Country of Origin: Korea
Developer: Garam & Baram Corp.
Publisher: Kama Digital Entertainment
Tags: "JRPG", Turn-based, Party-based, Top Down Camera, Untranslated, Fantasy
Gameplay Video by Gaming Curiosities

Last edited:
Still going through games from the Obscure RPGs thread (and a couple of my own sprinkled in there):

Dungeon Crawlers (Non-Blobbers)

&
Released: December 6, 2011
Developer: Dr Lancer-X
Publisher: Dr Lancer-X
Tags: Turn-Based, First Person, Single Character, Dungeon Crawler, Pixel Graphics, Fantasy, DigitalMZX, Wizardry-Like

Azalta: Cult of the Raven
Developer: Psychosoft Ent.
Publisher: Psychosoft Ent.
Tags: Turn-Based, Party-Based, Class-Based, Top Down, Fantasy, Medieval, Pixel Graphics, Dungeon Crawler, Open World, Grid-Based Movement

Bloodfest
Country of Origin: Finland
Developer: Mellow Chips
Publisher: Mellow Chips
Tags: Real-Time, First Person, Single Character, Dungeon Crawler, Sci-fi, Horror, Zombies

Darklight Dungeon
Released: December 20, 2010
Developer: ZoellerSoft
Publisher: ZoellerSoft
Tags: Turn-Based, Point & Click, Single Character, First Person, Dungeon Crawler, Fantasy, Magic, 3D

Darklight Dungeon: Eternity
Released: February 8, 2012
Developer: ZoellerSoft
Publisher: ZoellerSoft
Tags: Turn-Based, Point & Click, Single Character, First Person, Dungeon Crawler, Fantasy, Magic, 3D

Galdregon's Domain (Death Bringer)
Released: 1989
Developer: Pandora
Publisher: Pandora
Tags: Real-Time, Single Character, First Person, Dungeon Crawler, Fantasy, 3D, Amiga, C64, Atari ST

DeathKeep
Released: May 27, 1996
Developer: Lion Entertainment
Publisher: Strategic Simulations
Tags: Real-Time, Single Character, Class-Based, First Person, Dungeon Crawler, Fantasy, Medieval, AD&D

Dungeons of Nadroj
Released: 1991
Developer: C.W. Jordan
Publisher: C.W. Jordan
Tags: Real-Time, Single Character, Class-Based, Top Down, Dungeon Crawler, Fantasy, Amiga, Shareware, Co-op

FastCrawl
Released: October 12, 2006
Developer: PawleyScape
Publisher: PawleyScape
Tags: Turn-Based, Party-Based, Class-Based, Top Down, Dungeon Crawler, Fantasy, Short

Spacewrecked: 14 Billion Light Years From Earth (Federation Quest 1 - B.S.S. Jane Seymour)
Developer: Celestial Software
Publisher: Gremlin Graphics
Tags: Real-Time, First Person, Single Character, Dungeon Crawler, Sci-fi, Futuristic, Aliens, Robots, Amiga, Atari ST, MS-DOS

Gateway to Apshai
Released: July 1983
Developer: The Connelly Group
Publisher: Epyx
Tags: Real-Time, Single Character, Classless, Top Down, Pixel Graphics, Fantasy, Magic, Dungeon Crawler, Random Generation

Inaria
Released: May 24, 2011
Developer: Veridian Games
Publisher: Veridian Games
Tags: Real-Time, Single Character, Top Down, Grid-Based Movement, Fantasy, Magic, Dungeon Crawler

Infinite Dungeon Crawler
Released: June 11, 2021
Developer: DD-Consulting
Publisher: DD-Consulting
Tags: Turn-Based, Party-Based, Class-Based, Isometric, Grid-Based Movement, Dungeon Crawler, Fantasy, Magic

Knights of the Grail (Rytíři Grálu)
Developer: Centauri Production
Publisher: Vochozka Trading
Tags: Real-Time, Single Character, First Person, Dungeon Crawler, Fantasy, Medieval, Survival Elements

Labyrinth
Released: August 15, 2005
Developer: Akumayo
Publisher: Akumayo
Tags: First Person, Single Character, Dungeon Crawler, Fantasy, Survival Elements

Moraff's Revenge
Released: 1988
Developer: Moraffware
Publisher: Moraffware
Tags: Turn-Based, Class-Based, Single Character, First Person, Dungeon Crawler, Fantasy, Magic

OSCG (Old School Computer Game)
Released: May 11, 2015
Developer: Outlander78
Publisher: Outlander78
Tags: Turn-Based, Party-Based, Class-Based, Top Down, Fantasy, Magic, Randomly Generated, Dungeon Crawler, Overworld Map, Sandbox, Open World

Psionics
Developer: Nachos Software
Publisher: Nachos Software
Tags: Turn-Based, Single Character, Classless, First Person, Sci-fi, Futuristic, 2D, Dungeon Crawler

Revolt of Don's Knights
Country of Origin: Slovakia
Developer: Emerald Software
Publisher: Emerald Software
Tags: Real-Time, Grid-Based Movement, Classless, Single Character, Third Person Combat, First Person Exploration, Fantasy, Medieval, Espionage, Survival Elements, Dungeon Crawler

Ruins of Cawdor
Developer: Ybarra Productions
Publisher: Sierra On-Line
Tags: Turn-Based, Class-Based, Party-Based, First Person, Fantasy, Puzzles, 2D, Dungeon Crawler, Blobber

The Dungeon
Developer: Martin Dennet, John Parker, David Postlethwaithe
Publisher: The Fourth Dimension
Tags: Turn-Based, Party-Based, First Person, Dungeon Crawler, Blobber, Fantasy, Magic, Acorn Archimedes

The Earth Lord's
Released: 2001
Developer: Wayne Stewart
Publisher: Wayne Stewart
Tags: Turn-Based, Top Down, Single Character, Class-Based, Grid-Based Movement, Fantasy

The Fire of Ardor: Quest for the Soul Stone
Released: April 10, 2020
Developer: cpfr
Publisher: cpfr
Tags: Real-Time, First Person, Single Character, Fantasy, Magic, Dungeon Crawler, Pixel Graphics

The Red Crystal: The Seven Secrets of Life
Developer: Quantum Quality Productions
Publisher: Quantum Quality Productions
Tags: Real-Time, Top Down, Single Character, Fantasy, Dungeon Crawler, Overworld Map, Co-op

Theldrow
Released: 1988
Developer: Theldrow Team
Publisher: Theldrow Team
Tags: Turn-Based, First Person, Single Character, Classless, Fantasy, Magic, Pixel Graphics, Black & White, Dungeon Crawler, Non-Linear, Mac, Wizardry-Like

Towers: Lord Baniff's Deceit
Developer: JV Enterprises
Publisher: JV Enterprises
Tags: Real-Time, First Person, Single Character, Fantasy, Dungeon Crawler, Atari ST, Co-op, Puzzles

Treasures & Terrors I: The Dragon's Eggs
Developer: Eric Conrad
Publisher: Eric Conrad
Tags: Real-Time, Top Down, Party-Based, Fantasy, Open World, Dungeon Crawler, Overworld Map

Trial by Magic
Developer: Silver Lightning Software
Publisher: Merit Studios
Tags: Real-Time, Hack & Slash, Single Character, Isometric, Fantasy, Magic, Dungeon Crawler

True Meteor Reincarnation (Delisted)
Released: August 7, 2016
Developer: magigato
Publisher: magigato
Tags: Turn-Based, Single Character, First Person, Dungeon Crawler, Fantasy, Magic

Xenomorph
Developer: Pandora
Publisher: Pandora
Tags: Real-Time, First Person, Single Character, Sci-fi, Futuristic, Horror, Dungeon Crawler, Amiga, Atari ST, C64

Last edited:
Blobbers

Ancients I: Death Watch
Ancients II: Approaching Evil
Cardhalia
City Beneath the Surface
Crystal Dragon
Don't Go Alone
DragonBlade
Dungeons of Death
Dungeons of Magdarr
Fates of Twinion
Gates of Integrity
Hexx: Heresy of the Wizard
LostHero
Magic Island: The Secret of Stones
Maze Quest
Prokletí Eridenu
Realms of Quest 1-4
Rol Crusaders
Seven Little Horrors
Shadow Over the Twelve Lands
Swords and Sorcery (1985)
The Infernal Tome

Last edited:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Sacrifice
Released: November 1, 2000
Developer: Shiny Entertainment, Inc.
Publisher: Interplay Entertainment Corp.
Tags: Real-time Strategy, Fantasy, Third Person Camera, Mission-based, Optional Multiplayer
Soundtrack
Review by MandaloreGaming
Let's Play by BrainBoy

Phantom Knight Mugen no Meikyuu II
Released: April 28, 2000
Developer: Software House Parsley
Publisher: Software House Parsley
Tags: Japanese (No English Translation), 18+, Visual Novel, Real-time, Top Down Camera, Singel Character, Fantasy
Let's Play by 量産型久秀 (Japanese)

Jian Xia Qing Yuan 2
Developer: Kingsoft Corp.
Publisher: Kingsoft Corp.
Tags: Chinese (No English Translation), Isometric, Hack n' Slash, Ancient China, Chinese Mythology, Single Character, Dialog Heavy, Random Loot
Let's Play by Gisela W (Chinese)

Space Griffon VF-9
Released: December 8, 2000 (on PC)
Developer: Panther Software
Publisher: Panther Software
Tags: Japanese, Sci-Fi, Mechs, Single Character, First Person, Shooter, 3D Graphics, Real-time

Taiko Risshiden II
Released: 1995 (PC-98), 2000 (Windows)
Developer: KOEI Co., Ltd.
Publisher: KOEI Co., Ltd.
Tags: Japanese (No English Translation), Strategy, Ancient Japan, Class-based, Minigames, Life Simulator, Isometric, Overworld Map

Intro Movie (Japanese)
Gameplay Video (Thai)

Last edited:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
The War of Genesis III: Part 2
Country of Origin: South Korea
Developer: Softmax Co., Ltd.
Publisher: Softmax Co., Ltd.
Tags: Korean (No English Translation), Tactical, Party-based, Anime, Top Down Camera, Turn-based, Pixel Graphics
Soundtrack
Let's Play by 이즈렌TV (Korean)

Warrior Dragon
Developer: Lumental Games
Publisher: Lumental Games
Tags: Turn-Based, First Person Combat, Single Character, Top Down, Fantasy, Dragons, Pixel Graphics

Xin Juedai Shuangjiao 2
Developer: UserJoy Technology Co., Ltd.
Publisher: Beijing Unistar Software Co., Ltd.
Tags: Chinese (No English Translation), Fantasy, Turn-based, Party-based, Overworld Map
Soundtrack
Let's Play by 七年級生 (Chinese)

Xuan-Yuan Sword: The Scar of Sky
Developer: DOMO Studio, SOFTSTAR ENTERTAINMENT
Publisher: 方块游戏(CubeGame), SOFTSTAR ENTERTAINMENT
Tags: Chinese (No English Translation), Turn-based, Party-based, Fantasy, Ancient China, Pixel Graphics, Overworld Map, Chinese Mythology
Let's Play by Lingdian Gaming (Chinese)

Ancient Evil: Curse of the Snake Cult
Released: August 2001
Developer: Silver Lightning Software
Publisher: Silver Lightning Software
Tags: Real-Time, Diablo-Clone, Single Character, Class-Based, Isometric, Fantasy, Magic, 3D

Last edited:

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS ADD

QUESTRON 1
QUESTRON 2
ALTERNATE REALITY THE CITY
ALTERNATE REALITY FGS DUNDEON
PHANTASIE 1
PHANTASIE 2
PHANTASIE 3

BROS BOTH ALTERNATE REALITY GAMES, QUESTRON & PHANTASIE HAVE BEEN FINISHED ALREADY ON THE OTHER OAGE

VERY GOOD SUGGESTIONS THOUGH BRO YOU HAVE GREAT TASTE

THEY JUST NEED TO BE ADDED TO FRONT PAGE NOW, THERE ARE A COUPLE HUNDRED PENDING FRONT OAGE STATUS

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom