Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

A List of RPGs - A Codex Collaboration

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Dungeon Rats
Released: November 4, 2016
Developer: Iron Tower Studio
Publisher: Iron Tower Studio
Tags: Turn-based, Single Character/Party-based, Classless, Low Fantasy, Tactical, Combat Focused, Crafting

TROUBLESHOOTER: Abandoned Children
Released: April 23, 2020
Country of Origin: South Korea
Developer: Dandylion
Publisher: Dandylion
Tags: Turn-based, Tactical, Modern Day, Party-based, Character Customization, Random Loot Generation, Crafting, Monster Capturing, Robot Customization, Optional Multiplayer

Last edited:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
If I'm not completely mistaken, we're at 300+ games. Getting to 500+ games in one year seems very much possible, if nothing unforeseen happens.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
ustaška se vojska diže , its croatia time

Evil's Doom
Released: 1996
Country of Origin: Croatia
Developer: Olympia Software
Publisher: Titan
Tags: Real-Time, Party-Based, Point & Click, Blobber Dungeon Crawler, Amiga, Freeware

Legend's of Dawn
Released: June 27, 2013
Developer: Dreamatrix
Publisher: Dreamatrix
Tags: Real-Time, Action, ARPG, Single Character, Classless, Top Down, Dark Fantasy, Magic, Open World, Slavic Mythology, Kickstarter

Starpoint Gemini 2 (this one and first one probably don't count as "RPG", your call Abu Antar)
Released: September 26, 2014
Developer: Little Green Men Games
Publisher: Little Green Men Games
Tags: Real-Time, Action, Space Combat, Third Person Combat, Sandbox, Sci-fi, Space, Indie, Space Sim, Tactical, 3D, Mercenary

Starpoint Gemini 3
Released: September 5, 2019
Publisher: Little Green Men Gams
Tags: Real-Time, Action, Third Person Combat, Space Combat, First Person, Sandbox, Sci-fi, Space, AI Indie, Space Sim, Tactical, 3D, Mercenary, Crafting

Wave of Darkness
Released: November 5, 2015
Developer: Dreamatrix
Publisher: Dreamatrix
Tags: Real-Time, Action, ARPG, Single Character, Classless, Top Down, Dark Fantasy, Magic, Kickstarter

Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Might want to format it into a hyperlink (how I've done them in the links section of my entries), so Abu can just copy+paste them in, instead of having to do it 1 by 1

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Might want to format it into a hyperlink (how I've done them in the links section of my entries), so Abu can just copy+paste them in, instead of having to do it 1 by 1
Like this?

Lands of Lore: The Throne of Chaos
soundtrack

Lords of Xulima
soundtrack

Get ready for p*land. In my search, I realized the poles make many games which claim to be RPGs but actually aren't, fuck them. I got tired of starting entries and cutting games so I have no doubt some of these won't make it in. I quit after barely scraping in 5.

yec9joi9hjr91.jpg

Archangel
Released: September 27, 2002
Country of Origin: Poland
Developer: Metropolis Software House
Publisher: JoWood Productions
Tags: Real-Time, Action, Hack & Slash, First Person, Class-Based, Single Character, Magic, Hub Worlds, Sci-fi, Fantasy, Horror, Adventure

Cold Zero: No Mercy
Released: March 2003
Developer: Drago Entertainment
Publisher: JoWood Productions
Tags: Real-Time, Point & Click, Single Character, Isometric, Stealth, Modern Setting, Espionage

Cyberpunk 2077
Released: December 9, 2020
Developer: CD Projekt Red
Publisher: CD Projekt
Tags: Real-Time, Action, First Person, Story Rich, Cyberpunk, Open World, Multiple Endings, Great Soundtrack

Iesabel
Released: October 11, 2013
Developer: Madman Theory Games
Publisher: Forever Entertainment
Tags: Real-Time, Action, Hack & Slash, Isometric, Fantasy, 3D, Mobile Port

Inny Świat
Released: 1995
Developer: Mirage Software
Publisher: Mirage Software
Tags: Text-Based, Illustrated, 2D, Fantasy, Black & White, Atari

Last edited:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Might and Magic 2: Gates to Another World
Released: 1988
Country of Origin: USA
Developer: New World Computing
Publisher: New World Computing (Current IP Holder: Ubisoft)
Tags: Party-based, Custom Party, Import Party, Class-based, Class Upgrading, Puzzles, Turn-based Combat, Pixel Graphics, First Person

Wizardry 6: Bane of the Cosmic Forge
Released: 1990
Developer: Sir-Tech
Publisher: Sir-Tech (Current IP Holder: Drecom)
Tags: Turn-based Combat, Party-based, First Person, Class-based, Choose Race, Fantasy

Would GPT be of any use to your efforts?
We've been talking about all sorts of ways we've been to using it to help out with our own stuff.
https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/chatgpt-is-the-next-google.145599/page-21#post-8442854
AI is demonic.

Either way, I doubt at this point using chatGPT is any faster than how I do it manually.

Most entries take a minute to do just for the info. I also have my own way of verifying which is the correct developer/release date/etc. to list because it's not as simple as just using the first info found for "PC release". The rest (curate which Codex links/tags/etc. to add) is something I don't see ChatGPT able to do.

I'll test it out for any entries I've already done where I've had to do some weird research/stalking of people to get a country of origin for example and see how chatgpt handles it.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Entries take me a long time to do. Info gets done in about 5 minutes, but links take longer. I prefer to read what I link, and I also scroll through let's plays, if there are several.

I don't want to rely on ChatGPT for those things. I also find it oddly satisfactory to do things manually, as stupid as that sounds.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Diablo
Released: 31 december, 1996
Developer: Blizzard Entertainment
Publisher: Blizzard Entertainment
Tags: Hack & Slash, Action, Isometric, Class-based, Random Loot Generation, Co-op, Fantasy

Diablo II
Released: June 29, 2000
Tags: Hack & Slash, Action, Isometric, Class-based, Random Loot Generation, Co-op, Fantasy
Soundtrack
Matt Chat 214: David Craddock on Diablo History
Codex Thread (Diablo II Resurrected)
Let's Play Unsilent - RetroGaming Let's Plays

Dungeon Siege
Released: April 4, 2002
Developer: Gas Powered Games
Publisher: Microsoft
Tags: Action, Hack n' Slash, Isometric, Party-based, Dungeon Crawler, Co-op, Random Item Generation, Fantasy, Classless, Moddable

Dungeon Siege II
Released: August 16, 2005
Developer: Gas Powered Games
Publisher: Microsoft
Tags: Action, Hack n' Slash, Isometric, Party-based, Dungeon Crawler, Co-op, Random Item Generation, Fantasy, Classless, Moddable

Last edited:

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Diablo
Released: 31 december, 1996

Let's Play by Unsilent - RetroGaming Let's Plays

Diablo II

Codex Thread (Diablo II Resurrected)
Let's Play Unsilent - RetroGaming Let's Plays
OSTs.
Diablo
soundtrack

Diablo II
soundtrack

Weird Wars: The Unknown Episode of World War II
Released: August 29, 2003
Developer: Alien Artefact Team, Mirage Interactive
Publisher: Cenega Poland
Tags: RTwP, Party-Based, Class-Based, Point & Click, Isometric, Historical, WW2, Choices Matter

Legion
Released: 1996
Developer: Gobi Software
Publisher: Gobi Software
Tags: Turn-Based, Party-Based, Top Down, Strategy, Adventure, Empire Management, Trading, Overworld Map, Fantasy, Pixel Graphics, Amiga, Freeware

KnightShift (Once Upon a Knight)
Released: 2003
Developer: Reality Pump
Publisher: Atari
Tags: Real-Time, Party-Based, Top Down, Fantasy, Magic, 3D, Campaigns, RTS/RPG Modes

Otchłań
Released: 1998
Developer: Unknown
Publisher: Unknown
Tags: Class-Based, Text-Based, Dungeon Crawler, No Automap, SUD, DOS, Polish

Space Hack
Released: October 4, 2004
Developer: Rebelmind
Publisher: Rebel Games
Tags: Real-Time, Action, Hack & Slash, Shooter, Classless, Single Character, Isometric, Sci-fi, Dystopian Earth, 3D, Dungeon Crawler

Last edited:

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Starpoint Gemini 2 (this one and first one probably don't count as "RPG", your call @Abu Antar)
Released: September 26, 2014
Publisher: Little Green Men Games
Tags: Real-Time, Action, Space Combat, Third Person Combat, Sandbox, Sci-fi, Space, Indie, Space Sim, Tactical, 3D, Mercenary
soundtrack

Starpoint Gemini 3
Released: September 5, 2019
Publisher: Little Green Men Gams
Tags: Real-Time, Action, Third Person Combat, Space Combat, First Person, Sandbox, Sci-fi, Space, AI Indie, Space Sim, Tactical, 3D, Mercenary, Crafting
soundtrack
Star Wolves
Released: November 12, 2004
Country of Origin: Russia
Developer: X-bow Software
Publisher: 1C Company
Tags: RTwP, Vehicle Combat, Party-Based, 3D, Space, Sci-fi, Tactical, Mission-Based, Mercenary
soundtrack

The Banished
Released: November 9, 2004
Developer: FRONTLINE Studios/NAWAR Ltd.
Publisher: Akella
Tags: Party-Based, Isometric, Fantasy, Sci-fi, 3D

Outriders
Released: April 1, 2021
Developer: People Can Fly
Publisher: Square Enix
Tags: Real-Time, Action, Shooter, Third Person, Class-Based, Single Character, Co-op, Sci-fi, Fantasy, Horror, Hub Worlds

Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales
Released: October 23, 2018
Developer: CD Projekt Red
Publisher: CD Projekt
Tags: Turn-Based, Card-Based Combat, Top Down, Story Rich, Female Protagonist, Fantasy, Multiple Endings, Open World, Great Soundtrack
#22 Codex GOTY (2018), #149 Codex Best RPGs (2019)

Two Worlds
Released: May 9, 2007
Publisher: TopWare Interactive
Tags: Real-Time, Action, Classless First Person, High Fantasy, 3D, Non-Linear, Open World, Factions, Magic

Two Worlds II
Released: November 9, 2010
Publisher: TopWare Interactive
Tags: Real-Time, Action, Classless First Person, High Fantasy, 3D, Non-Linear, Open World, Factions, Magic

Warsaw
Released: October 2, 2019
Developer: Pixelated Milk
Publisher: gaming company
Tags: Turn-Based, Party-Based, Tactical, Hand Drawn Graphics, Historical, WW2, Permadeath, Strategy, Random Encounters, Non-Linear
#22 Codex GOTY (2019)

Anito: Defend the Land Enraged
Released: November 22, 2003
Country of Origin: Philippines
Developer: Anino Entertainment
Publisher: Anino Entertainment
Tags: Real-Time, Action, Point & Click, Single Character, Isometric, Adventure, Fantasy, Filipino Mythology, Magic, Open World, Puzzles, Indie

Arcatera: The Dark Brotherhood
Released: 2000
Country of Origin: Germany
Developer: Westka Interactive
Publisher: Ubisoft Entertainment
Tags: RTwP, Third Person, Class-Based, Point & Click, 3D, Fantasy, In-game Clock, Adventure, Non-Linear, Open World, Multiple Endings

With this entry, I think I've hit every Russian-made game:

Ash of Gods: Redemption
Released: May 23, 2018
Developer: AurumDust
Publisher: WhisperGames
Tags: Turn-Based, Grid-Based Movement, Isometric, Party-Based, Choices Matter, Non-Linear, Permadeath, Fantasy, Hand Drawn Graphics
#56 Codex GOTY (2018)

A Farewell to Dragons
Released: November 16, 2007
Developer: Arise
Publisher: 1C Company
Tags: RTwP, Top Down, Point & Click, Party-Based, Fantasy, Steampunk,

Beltion: Beyond Ritual
Released: April 16, 2009
Country of Origin: Ukraine
Developer: Rostok Games
Publisher: Noviy Disk
Tags: Real-Time, Action, Class-Based, Magic, Non-Linear, Multiple Endings, Fantasy, Medeival, Gothic, 3D

Iratus: Lord of the Dead
Released: April 23, 2020
Developer: Unfrozen
Publisher: Daedalic Entertainment
Tags: Turn-Based, Party-Based, Minions, Strategy, Base Management, Dark Fantasy, 2D

Loop Hero
Released: March 4, 2021
Developer: Four Quarters
Publisher: Devolver Digital
Tags: Turn-Based, Deck Building, Dungeon Crawler, Endless, Resource Management, Pixel Graphics, Dark Fantasy, Choices Matter
#27 Codex GOTY (2021)

Sabotain: Break the Rules
Released: November 12, 2004
Developer: Avalon Style Entertainment
Publisher: Akella
Tags: Real-Time, Action, Shooter, Stealth, First Person, Sci-fi, Futuristic, Mission-Based

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom