Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I took a small break from playing this to tool around in Starfield. Will probably return to it soon. One thing I've really enjoyed is how even if a boss or level is ruining me, it's still a good time. I haven't actually been frustrated yet, even when getting my shit pushed in (only really happened with Balteus for a bit).

mediocrepoet

Patron
Finally killed the Sea Spider, only for the fucking game to crash during cutscene after fight and now I'll have play through the mission again. Well played From.
That is fucking terrible, bro. I feel for you. Just know once you get through it, you'll have beaten two of the three nastiest, ball-busting bosses in the game.
Balteus, Sea Spider, and...? I haven't finished the game, so not sure what the other is. The last boss?

That is fucking terrible, bro. I feel for you. Just know once you get through it, you'll have beaten two of the three nastiest, ball-busting bosses in the game.

The last weapon combo I used seemed pretty damn good against him, dual gatling guns and dual grenade launchers. So I don't expect redoing him will be too much issue, just need a short break now. This is the first boss to make me restart the mission multiple times to buy different gear to experiment with. And first boss to make me lose the sword.

Last edited:

mediocrepoet

Patron

The last weapon combo I used seemed pretty damn good against him, dual gatling guns and dual grenade launchers. So I don't expect redoing him will be too much issue, just need a short break now. This is the first boss that has made me restart the mission multiple times to buy different gear to experiment with. And first boss to make me lose the sword.
I think this is part of what's fun about it is being able to basically throw together any combination you want with the budget you have, like a war game's army point buy, and then mess around with it to see what you like.

I've been having the most fun with a super light reverse leg build that's basically like "Circle Strafe: The Game", with some sort of dual precision rifles and different things on the shoulders, depending on my mood and the enemy. Favourites include that Double Swallow or whatever (the double grenade launcher), laser cannons, and vertical missile launchers. Sometimes if need be, I'll sub in heavy reverse legs to support additional weight while keeping the other parts super light, just to allow different weapon load outs.

I'm too in love with the hover ability to go back to biped for now but I can see myself missing that speed eventually.

Jinn

Arcane
I'm too in love with the hover ability to go back to biped for now but I can see myself missing that speed eventually.
Yeah, speed is the main reason I mostly stuck with bipedals in my first playthrough. Secondary reason being there's just so many more bipedal options vs. tetras and tanks.

Tetras and tanks are super fun though. Just wish there was more versatility in the customization of them.

bataille

Arcane
Finally killed the Sea Spider, only for the fucking game to crash during cutscene after fight and now I'll have play through the mission again. Well played From.
The same has happened to me! It also crashed after the fires of raven boss, but the game at least had the courtesy to save that time!

Also, the new patch has dropped and predictably uplifted some of the weaker ballistics:
https://www.bandainamcoent.com/news/armored-core-vi-fires-of-rubicon-patch-notes-v-1-02

Major Items Included in the Latest Update​

Balance Adjustments​

• Weapon Unit balance adjustments:
    • MA-J-200 RANSETSU-RF: Increased attack power/rate of fire, decreased reload time.
    • LR-036 CURTIS: Increased attack power, decreased reload time.
    • RF-024 TURNER: Increased attack power/projectile speed, decreased reload time.
    • RF-025 SCUDDER: Increased attack power/projectile speed, decreased reload time.
    • MA-J-201 RANSETSU-AR: Increased attack power/projectile speed, decreased reload time.
    • MG-014 LUDLOW: Increased attack power/total rounds/projectile speed, decreased recoil and reload time.
    • DF-MG-02 CHANG-CHEN: Increased attack power/total rounds/projectile speed, decreased reload time.
    • MA-E-210 ETSUJIN: Increased attack power/total rounds/projectile speed, decreased reload time.
  • Adjusted certain attacks performed by the enemy units AAP07: BALTEUS, IA-13: SEA SPIDER and IB-01: CEL240.

Bug Fixes​

• Fixed a bug that prevented certain weapons from dealing damage to the boss of the mission “Destroy the Weaponized Mining Ship”.
  • Fixed a bug that caused the boss of the mission “Prevent Corporate Salvage of New Tech” to be unable to detect the player.
  • Fixed a bug that caused certain enemies to not be displayed correctly during the mission “Survey the Uninhabited Floating City”.
  • Fixed a bug that caused certain enemies and background objects to be displayed incorrectly during the mission “Attack the Old Spaceport”.
  • Fixed a bug that caused vertical missiles and certain coral weapons to deal unintended amounts of damage.
  • Improved camera controls when spectating online arena battles.
  • Fixed a bug that caused the punch animation to not be displayed correctly on the opponent’s screen during online arena battles.
  • Other bug fixes.
  • [Xbox One / Xbox Series X|S / Steam] Fixed a bug that caused the game to enter offline mode and unable to save progress after the device recovers from sleep mode.
  • [Steam] Fixed the text displayed onscreen after selecting “Quit Game” from the System Menu on the title screen.
  • [Steam] Fixed a bug causing certain bosses to be rendered incorrectly.

The same has happened to me! It also crashed after the fires of raven boss, but the game at least had the courtesy to save that time!

I redid the fight and it actually crashed again, but this time after the mission cleared screen so it managed to save in time. Something is up with that mission.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
It still mystifying to me so many people are finding this game hard, especially when there's so many broken weapons like the ones i used here:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

Also, the new patch has dropped and predictably uplifted some of the weaker ballistics:
https://www.bandainamcoent.com/news/armored-core-vi-fires-of-rubicon-patch-notes-v-1-02

Major Items Included in the Latest Update​

Balance Adjustments​

• Weapon Unit balance adjustments:
    • MA-J-200 RANSETSU-RF: Increased attack power/rate of fire, decreased reload time.
    • LR-036 CURTIS: Increased attack power, decreased reload time.
    • RF-024 TURNER: Increased attack power/projectile speed, decreased reload time.
    • RF-025 SCUDDER: Increased attack power/projectile speed, decreased reload time.
    • MA-J-201 RANSETSU-AR: Increased attack power/projectile speed, decreased reload time.
    • MG-014 LUDLOW: Increased attack power/total rounds/projectile speed, decreased recoil and reload time.
    • DF-MG-02 CHANG-CHEN: Increased attack power/total rounds/projectile speed, decreased reload time.
    • MA-E-210 ETSUJIN: Increased attack power/total rounds/projectile speed, decreased reload time.
  • Adjusted certain attacks performed by the enemy units AAP07: BALTEUS, IA-13: SEA SPIDER and IB-01: CEL240.

Bug Fixes​

• Fixed a bug that prevented certain weapons from dealing damage to the boss of the mission “Destroy the Weaponized Mining Ship”.
  • Fixed a bug that caused the boss of the mission “Prevent Corporate Salvage of New Tech” to be unable to detect the player.
  • Fixed a bug that caused certain enemies to not be displayed correctly during the mission “Survey the Uninhabited Floating City”.
  • Fixed a bug that caused certain enemies and background objects to be displayed incorrectly during the mission “Attack the Old Spaceport”.
  • Fixed a bug that caused vertical missiles and certain coral weapons to deal unintended amounts of damage.
  • Improved camera controls when spectating online arena battles.
  • Fixed a bug that caused the punch animation to not be displayed correctly on the opponent’s screen during online arena battles.
  • Other bug fixes.
  • [Xbox One / Xbox Series X|S / Steam] Fixed a bug that caused the game to enter offline mode and unable to save progress after the device recovers from sleep mode.
  • [Steam] Fixed the text displayed onscreen after selecting “Quit Game” from the System Menu on the title screen.
  • [Steam] Fixed a bug causing certain bosses to be rendered incorrectly.

Ho shit what did they nerf.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
My choice of OP weapons right now is dual Gatlings with dual Needles.

Jinn

Arcane
Pretty sure that was a nerfed Spider you were fighting there, but you did have a good setup for that fight. Songbirds+Pilebunker going to get it done.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Ho for fuck sake. Is this gonna be a trend now, only those who play the game super fast on release get to actually enjoy a good challenge?

I almost had the boss a couple of days ago but i had to stop playing because of work and now i come back and the fucking thing is nerfed. This is actually pissing me off now.

Jinn

Arcane
Ho for fuck sake. Is this gonna be a trend now, only those who play the game super fast on release get to actually enjoy a good challenge?

I almost had the boss a couple of days ago but i had to stop playing because of work and now i come back and the fucking thing is nerfed. This is actually pissing me off now.
It seemed to be moving A LOT slower than when I fought it, and wasn't unloading nearly as many shots your way as it seemed to before.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

It seemed to be moving A LOT slower than when I fought it, and wasn't unloading nearly as many shots your way as it seemed to before.

The laser beam was also easier to dodge. I remember doing what i did here, try to fly to get out of it and it stil hit me, where here i was able to hover out of it.

This is actually a downer makes me not want to bother sharing my playthrough anymore.

Crayll

Liturgist
Buffing kinetic rifles is nice, but the boss nerfs are probably massive decline. I haven't seen the extent of the nerf yet, but Balteus was such a perfect difficulty level for the 'end of the tutorial, use everything you learned' boss. That combined with the presentation, the music kicking in as you charge towards it frantically dodging missiles, put it straight into the top-tier of From bosses for me. Very disappointing, hopefully we get a mod to restore it.

The laser beam was also easier to dodge. I remember doing what i did here, try to fly to get out of it and it stil hit me, where here i was able to hover out of it.

This is actually a downer makes me not want to bother sharing my playthrough anymore.
On the plus side you still have at least 3-4 more bosses harder than both Balteus and Sea Spider to look forward to, assuming you get to them before they're nerfed too.

mediocrepoet

Patron
Yeah that blows. I would've rather fought the original release versions too. I'd have been able to finish the game by now (based on reported playthrough times) if I hadn't been simulating walking in the Starfield for days.

At least I can say I beat original version Sea Spider. You beta scrubs. :smug:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Well, i just did the mission with the battleship. I assume this was actually harder since they buffed some of the wapons the ACs use. Same for the arena i assume (not that arena is hard).

Next time i play a FromSoft game i'll make sure i'm not busy so i can finish it quickly before they nerf shit down.

BTW, somebody on the Steam forums linked me to this, seems the AI was just randomly passive with the Spider even before the nerf:

They still buffed the damage you do to him with explosive weapons so he is still easier. Didn't Sekiro have an hardmode for bosses or something? Wonder if we can get something here as well.

Last edited:

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
BTW, somebody on the Steam forums linked me to this, seems the AI was just randomly passive with the Spider even before the nerf:
It wasn't passive as much as it had trouble adjusting if you pressed it hard enough, constantly zipping under its legs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom