Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter ATOM RPG - Wasteland Soviet style! - now with Dead City update

Will you back?

• I will consider it!

Votes: 39 54.9%
  • No! I would never!..

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • kingcomrade

Votes: 23 32.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Unwanted

Soulstones

Unwanted
Random note: the perk that gives you more skillpoints for reading books says that it grants 50% extra. It doesnt. It gives 100% extra. Eg 10 instead of 5.
Not that you should take it in any version...

You can get 20 skillpoints in automatic rifles from the gun trader in Krasno with high Per and Cha, which is kewl. My 1 Str 1 End 1 Dex talker build might actually gain some dmg output soon! xD

filpan

Scholar
Ho do I change type of ammo? It looks that dragging from inventory and dropping to equiped weapon as in Fallout doesnt work.

Shaki

Arbiter
Did he even play the game? He says that you get 1 perk point per level, while you actually get 3. That retard probably cheated everything because game was harder than Pillars, so therefore unplayable for him, and that's why he doesn't know anything and basically makes up dumb shit to justify his negative opinion.

Your playing on easy, he is playing on expert.

Wait, wtf, difficulty level affects number of ability points? Why the fuck there is absolutely no info about that when starting the game? Only things mentioned between diff levels are chance of random encounters and exp gained. I was cool with bigger chance to skip boring trash fights and some more exp to skip grinding, but I didn't want gimped combat experience. This is beyond stupid.

Well, it seems that I'm the retard after all, and not the dude from the video.

Do you know if the diff level affects anything else? If it's only ability points then I'll just limit myself to picking perks as if it was Expert, but if this also affects dmg, hit chance and other shit then I'll have to restart and lose 20 hours of gameplay -_-

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Dunno if this was asked already, but how come they diverged from the Fallout formula in the perk system? Personally I prefer the perk with every other level system vastly over this one.

Quillon

Arcane
Well, here, I'd actually ask for your opinions. Turned out a lot of folks hate that you can't feed your men at the bonfire. If you could, would you let them eat with you and gain HP as you do? That always seemed too easy to be in the game, but nowadays, I don't even know
Would be a nice feature, but definitely make it so that each companion needs food items individually.

Dunno if I am alone in thinking this, but the option to control each characters items, food, and also actions in combat individually would be kind of awesome. At this point it's probably more wasteland than Fallout, but eh. As a penalty you would have to keep hunger, radiation and all other negative effects in mind for each. Would probably need some reevaluating of how often you find anti-poision/rad pills aswell as UI redesigns.
The reason I'm saying this is because I found companions to be the messiest part of the game. Both in combat (pathfinding, friendly fire) and outside (again, pathfinding, inventory management through the dialouge system, healing). Their behaviour has lead me to frequently reload saves. It would obviously be a lot of work, but has the idea ever been considered?

We tried manual controls for party members in a closed build, and you'll have to trust me, it... sucked. It was this constant tamagotchi-esque experience. It was like OH NO! The dog is poisoned again! And Fidel is nearly dead! And you run around them, giving them drugs, feeding them vodka, as you breeze through combat that becomes completely easy! But the movement, on the other hand, gets tedious as hell, because you have to grab each character, and send him to the preferred spot individually :(( So we had to make combat so hard that even having 4 controlled players still left a bit of a challenge. But that made combat completely unusable for characters that don't have a party... Thus it was all scraped and forgotten. We'll be much better off just improving pathing and giving players more remote control. That's planned!

I'd be against it, its nice having no direct-control over other characters regardless of tediousness or whatnot. I like to imagine followers/any NPC having their own personality/automation in every part of the game possible. Its up to devs to make better AI :D

ortucis

Prophet
Did he even play the game? He says that you get 1 perk point per level, while you actually get 3. That retard probably cheated everything because game was harder than Pillars, so therefore unplayable for him, and that's why he doesn't know anything and basically makes up dumb shit to justify his negative opinion.

Your playing on easy, he is playing on expert.

Wait, wtf, difficulty level affects number of ability points? Why the fuck there is absolutely no info about that when starting the game? Only things mentioned between diff levels are chance of random encounters and exp gained. I was cool with bigger chance to skip boring trash fights and some more exp to skip grinding, but I didn't want gimped combat experience. This is beyond stupid.

There is no info cause the developer wanted to catch people who play on Easy and pretend they are hardcore during internet debates. :incline:

Sloul

Savant
Dunno if this was asked already, but how come they diverged from the Fallout formula in the perk system? Personally I prefer the perk with every other level system vastly over this one.
AtomBoy reported that this decision was because of their fanbase. I think he mentioned a poll in which people voted for the perk tree. But, yes, it was brought up.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
:whatho:
The worm stories are true,i just met a "person" whose brain got eaten by the thing.
Ahah, I just met him too. Extremely disturbing... and pretty good idea/writing on that part.
Killing him gives you 3000-4000 EXP.

Curious if companions have some kind of quests. I play solo because of how slow they are to move next to you,really pisses me off.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
where the fuck can I buy ammo? I can craft it but it is like shitty ammo for shitty gun...

still haven't been to the bunker yet, met fidel and am going around doing quests to gather up a team to defend a town

these fucking wolves :negative:

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
I'm having a real hard time finishing the first town happily. I'm about to start my fifth build and I think I can make it perfect for me this time. I thought I had my speechcraft up high enough but I missed some things I got in past playthroughs. It is very tempting to trying and cheat by reading guides or whatever to better plan on what is coming up but that rabbit hole will just ruin everything for me.

I do have one question though - there is a lock I can't pick (says I can't break it or something) - am I right in thinking it needs a lockpick? I've tried messing around with mats trying to make one but no luck so far. Or is lockpicking 100% skill based with no LPs and I just need to keep pumping and hit this lock later? If I can make a lockpick please just tell me yes or no without telling me what mats I need.

Its kind of sad how cheap this game is selling for compared to the tripe that all the dumb kids like that has no depth or complexity and nothing to offer beyond superficial graphics. Would anyone that bought it not been willing to pay $40 for it? I've barely gotten into it and I feel that at $40 it would still have been underpriced.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
where the fuck can I buy ammo? I can craft it but it is like shitty ammo for shitty gun...

still haven't been to the bunker yet, met fidel and am going around doing quests to gather up a team to defend a town

these fucking wolves :negative:
Just go and get some nice and expensive armour and helm from the armour trader in the city,around 10000 bucks will make you nearly immortal. Most of the shit does like 0-4 damage to me,i also got the second armour trait that give 10% more.

Ammo you could by from the weapons trader in the second part of the town,next to the melicia (police).

Also don't do the bunker utile you can take on on three armed bandits or have really high speech built. There is nothing of interest in it anyway.

I'm having a real hard time finishing the first town happily. I'm about to start my fifth build and I think I can make it perfect for me this time. I thought I had my speechcraft up high enough but I missed some things I got in past playthroughs. It is very tempting to trying and cheat by reading guides or whatever to better plan on what is coming up but that rabbit hole will just ruin everything for me.

I do have one question though - there is a lock I can't pick (says I can't break it or something) - am I right in thinking it needs a lockpick? I've tried messing around with mats trying to make one but no luck so far. Or is lockpicking 100% skill based with no LPs and I just need to keep pumping and hit this lock later? If I can make a lockpick please just tell me yes or no without telling me what mats I need.

Its kind of sad how cheap this game is selling for compared to the tripe that all the dumb kids like that has no depth or complexity and nothing to offer beyond superficial graphics. Would anyone that bought it not been willing to pay $40 for it? I've barely gotten into it and I feel that at $40 it would still have been underpriced.
Don't be an authists,you could pass the checks later on after you had leveled enough. For dialogue Attention and Personality are pretty important,also you could bone most of the women with a STR build. High INT is pretty good tho,it gets you more skill points and helps in dialogue also. You don't need to restart 20 times.

Codex Year of the Donut
Pricing a game is a difficult decision. It's from a developer that never released a game prior in a country that is fairly well known for flooding Steam with a lot of garbage.
Selling it cheaper accomplishes two things: lowers the bar of entry, and increases its propagation via word of mouth. Both are important for the reasons stated above.

If they release a sequel it would be a good idea to charge more for it.

Roqua

Prospernaut
Don't be an authists,you could pass the checks later on after you had leveled enough. For dialogue Attention and Personality are pretty important,also you could bone most of the women with a STR build. High INT is pretty good tho,it gets you more skill points and helps in dialogue also. You don't need to restart 20 times.

I don't want build help from little children. I just need the lockpick question answered please.

bataille

Arcane

I don't want build help from little children. I just need the lockpick question answered please.

You don't need lockpicks to pick locks; a locksmith set is an item that gives you flat 20 to the skill.

Roqua

Prospernaut
You don't need lockpicks to pick locks; a locksmith set is an item that gives you flat 20 to the skill.

Thank you. For the lock it says I can't break when attempting to pick it - it is due to not having enough skill yet? Or is this message meant to tell me that it needs a key or something that I get as a reward for a future quest or something?

I'm not asking for build advice, I just have what I need for everything besides this issue.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom