Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Come on, at least elevate it to the level of mentioning something about reddit and twitter or maybe regurgitate the Youtube grifter talking point about zoomer writers who have never known hardship except for picking their variety of soy latte, unlike the basement-dwelling spergs frequenting this here shithole forum.
the entirety of karlachs character and introductory quest for example. a veteran of the bloodwar with 5 billion confirmed demon kills, who acts like a plebbitor high on her own farts, much like yourself. as for the latter part of that sentence, what the fuck are you even talking about.

Karlach is the worst companion in the game for the reasons you state, and it is obvious bad faith to use her as an example of the writing in general. I feel like shutting down the game whenever she opens her mouth, I don't have that experience with many other parts of the writing.

The writing is also very uneven, so if both of you cherry pick you can prove your own point from here until judgment day. If you don't look at the writing holistically, you're just wanking your own bias, however.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
also btw I met the "tranny" now

apparantly a man dressing up as a woman is a tranny now

which i guess makes the culture war people the true progressives: all you need to transcend your gender, in their opinion, is a dress and some make-up

They probably went with a cross dresser because in this world a tranny wouldn't exist, due to the fact magic allows you to actually go from male to full female, and a full female is not a tranny, she is a full female.

Without the transhumanistic aspect you can't really have tranny rapresentation. All the real "gender is a social construct" shit was shoved in the character creation, the game can only be binary due to the fact magic takes away the notion of transition or intermediary states as i said. Edwina in BG2 for instance was no tranny, so ironically a cross-dresser is the best they can do when it comes to confusing sex differences.

Last edited:

just

Liturgist
omfg lol you can click the + sign next to the hotbar to expand it with more rows

this ui is very functional when you "get it" (though I'm still missing hotkey functionality?), but fucking hell is it ever uneccesarily esoteric
You... you only found about this... now?

yes

tell me i've also missed the hotkey functionality and i'll give you a kiss

not having a hotkey for dash is murdering me
if you drag shit into custom hotbar you can use 1,2,3,4 or whatever you set in the optoins

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
omfg lol you can click the + sign next to the hotbar to expand it with more rows

this ui is very functional when you "get it" (though I'm still missing hotkey functionality?), but fucking hell is it ever uneccesarily esoteric
You... you only found about this... now?

yes

tell me i've also missed the hotkey functionality and i'll give you a kiss

not having a hotkey for dash is murdering me
custom hotbar

so i need to change all my hotbars

shit

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

which i guess makes the culture war people the true progressives: all you need to transcend your gender, in their opinion, is a dress and some make-up

They probably went with a cross dresser because in this world a tranny wouldn't exist

no, they didn't

it's literally a drag queen. an act

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
So i send the waifu to camp to avoid getting a negative yelp review for freeing the gyth (which i have to so what the hell is this) and she hands me the thingy she is holding for some reason. So much for being such a guarded secret.
First you were astounded anyone plays this "tranny game" (disbelief phase). We somehow skipped through the anger phase, you've gone through the bargaining that you won't trigger any gay shit, and even if you do, the game has redeeming qualities, and we're now in the acceptance phase where you play it. :lol:

I get all that, understand you, but why play the game so wrong? It's an RPG not a girls high school simulator where everyone has to like you. Have you been permanently damaged by playing post-BG2 bioware shit? For all your railing against wokeism you've probably played too much of that too.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

They probably went with a cross dresser because in this world a tranny wouldn't exist

no, they didn't

it's literally a drag queen. an act

Read the full edit i made.

What interests those people (the woke people) is not the idea of a man wanting to be a woman or vice versa. What they are trying to do is to confuse and distort the very notion of there being a gender binary. You can't do that by having a man transition to a woman in a world where you can chance sex with the snap of your fingers. Edwina doesn't negate the gender binary, so a cross dresser was the best they could do.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Already i'm compelled to take Astarion because of locked doors and eventual traps shit in the ruins.
Learn the user interface. You can see your characters' proficient skills in the same UI that shows you the inventory. See who is proficient in sleight of hand, who has the dextirity and make your conclusions.

AwesomeButton

Patron
Froggirl already wants my Dark Gnome cock and I’ve brought her along for maybe 10% of the game. Gnome also gets an extra serving of gruel (heal potion).
I'll spam you all to death with https://www.nexusmods.com/baldursgate3/mods/644 until you stop torturing yourselves by playing without it.
I don't need it, and I don't get what people's problem is. I guess everyone pretends to be hardcore, and then clicks dialogue options seeking approval from his party members at every corner.

Utgard-Loki

Arcane
Karlach is the worst companion in the game and it is obvious bad faith to use her as an example of the writing in general. I feel like shutting down the game whenever she opens her mouth, I don't have that experience with many other parts of the writing.
she is by far the worst, but the other 3 early game companions only look better in direct comparison, and everytime they interact with her and suck on her enlarged roid clit they damage what little good will i had towards them.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I was expecting them to nail Jaheira and fuck up Minsc big time, but they've kind of done the reverse. Jaheira is not nearly preachy, annoying and nagging enough. They made her a basic bitch wizened sage. I get that they went for a "the years have mellowed her out"-type of thing, but it just doesn't work, because we're left with a boring stereotype.

However so far, they really nailed the dichotomy of Minsc's raving "lul so random"-lunacy and remarkably vocabulary-rich expressiveness. He's pretty faithfully written. I never liked Minsc much, but I guess it's a win for them. He's also voiced pretty well, whereas Jaheira sounds like a C-list actor trying to do a russian mommy accent.

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
ROJHEoa.png

DJ_Khaled_Suffering_from_Success.jpg

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
So i send the waifu to camp to avoid getting a negative yelp review for freeing the gyth (which i have to so what the hell is this) and she hands me the thingy she is holding for some reason. So much for being such a guarded secret.
First you were astounded anyone plays this "tranny game" (disbelief phase). We somehow skipped through the anger phase, you've gone through the bargaining that you won't trigger any gay shit, and even if you do, the game has redeeming qualities, and we're now in the acceptance phase where you play it. :lol:

I get all that, understand you, but why play the game so wrong? It's an RPG not a girls high school simulator where everyone has to like you. Have you been permanently damaged by playing post-BG2 bioware shit? For all your railing against wokeism you've probably played too much of that too.

You are projecting too much i'm just trying to assess the game by checking options and gouging consequences and how they are written in the game.

The fact i can bypass a negative reaction by sending an NPC away is bad design, but then again having to accept a penalty for what appears to be a mandatory choice (from a roleplaying point of view if not a mechanical one. The gyth claims to know how to find a cure, it would be absurd to think anybody would turn her away it is pretty much a mandatory choice if you are at all playing logically) would also be bad design.

AwesomeButton

Patron

Esoteric? You didn't assume it's possible to expand the UI? I don't want to blow your mind, but you can also rearrange the actions and the sections in the UI by dragging the handlebars. It's one of the better UI's I've seen in an isometric RPG really.

Takamori

Learned
I'm a pally that means with this shit party limit i'll probably won't take her. One full fighter is enough i think and elf waifu can be my back up tank slash healer/buffbot (assuming clerics work the same in 5E as in the past).

Already i'm compelled to take Astarion because of locked doors and eventual traps shit in the ruins. I hope there's a way to bypass the need to have a rogue for that kind of stuff because with a party limit of 4 that would be pretty fucking annoying.

I'm starting to think i should have just rolled as a mage for my main instead, but too late now, i ain't restarting.

BTW, the intro for the black guy (Wyll) was SOOOOO fucking cringe lmao. I also thought he was a Warlock why did he show up like Errol Flynn?
I'd assume they were trying to show that he is a pact of blade warlock?

Elthosian

Arcane
Froggirl already wants my Dark Gnome cock and I’ve brought her along for maybe 10% of the game. Gnome also gets an extra serving of gruel (heal potion).
I'll spam you all to death with https://www.nexusmods.com/baldursgate3/mods/644 until you stop torturing yourselves by playing without it.
I don't need it, and I don't get what people's problem is. I guess everyone pretends to be hardcore, and then clicks dialogue options seeking approval from his party members at every corner.

You already get a huge approval boost for Shadowheart and Wyll by making two pretty reasonable choices at the beginning of the game.

Also, I think you still get approval counted toward the PC if you take control of, say, Astarion, and do some stuff that happens to please Lae’zel. At the very least the approval notifications still show up.

AwesomeButton

Patron

Aktschully...

The meaning of "transvestite" is precisely someone who dresses as the opposite sex. :)

I've always thought "Tranny" orignally was a shortening of that word, not of "transgender".

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I'm a pally that means with this shit party limit i'll probably won't take her. One full fighter is enough i think and elf waifu can be my back up tank slash healer/buffbot (assuming clerics work the same in 5E as in the past).

Already i'm compelled to take Astarion because of locked doors and eventual traps shit in the ruins. I hope there's a way to bypass the need to have a rogue for that kind of stuff because with a party limit of 4 that would be pretty fucking annoying.

I'm starting to think i should have just rolled as a mage for my main instead, but too late now, i ain't restarting.

BTW, the intro for the black guy (Wyll) was SOOOOO fucking cringe lmao. I also thought he was a Warlock why did he show up like Errol Flynn?
I'd assume they were trying to show that he is a pact of blade warlock?

No idea what that is, was just caught by surprise by how cringy that intro was compared to what i had pictured in my head going by what i assumed a warlock would be like.

Elthosian

Arcane

That’s the kind of stuff that gave us the insta-win button for Shadowheart in the nautiloid. People can’t handle not having the full party slurping their assholes (in a no-homo way).

Longes

Augur
Baldur's Gate 3 is conceptually the funniest game ever made because I've never seen anyone slaughter their predecessors that hard.

Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 were revolutionary games that became the foundation of the Bioware style, and the Bioware style became the foundation of Western isometric RPGs for years to come. Even modern games like Wrath of the Righteous and Pillars of Eternity are made in what is clearly and obviously the Bioware style of RPG making.

But Baldur's Gate 3 isn't a Bioware-style RPG. It's not even a fucking Baldur's Gate style RPG. Instead, it's an honorable successor to Ultima 7 and is the most perfect Ultima game to ever be made. Thank you, Swen. You may be a degenerate, but you know a good game to copy when you see one.
BASED my friend.

Seems everyone loves it besides a couple of loser, autistic incels on the codex that are buck broken by the success.

Look at the glowing USER reviews:

afbeelding.png
Some people can not handle the simple joy of getting around obstacles with Jump and Feather Fall.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

That’s the kind of stuff that gave us the insta-win button for Shadowheart in the nautiloid. People can’t handle not having the full party slurping their assholes (in a no-homo way).

In a normal game, Shadowheart (cringe name if there ever was one) would be seen as the pathetic fan service waifu option (like Aerie in BG2). In a game where every other female character is one variaiton or another of butch stronk woman who needs no man, there's no way i'm letting go of the waifu lmao. At least i get to have ONE female in the game that looks and acts like a female. I see winning over Shadowheart as my personal act of defiance against this gender bending shit. I have a feeling she will be exceedingly popular with most players for precisely this reason alone.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom