Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

HammyTheFat

Scholar
Could the dark urge narrative hand holding be more retarded?

Every single companion warning me that IF YOU DONT CONTROL YOURSELF BAD THINGS WILL HAPPEN is way too obvious.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Looks like while there's an option to help Nere in Grymforge Larian didn't expect players to do it much. I saved him and sided with duergars (not their "rebellion" of 3) and now some duergars refer to it as if I killed Nere, and gnomes are thanking me for freeing them (the only thing I told Nere was to finish them all off).

:M

Shaki

Arbiter
I've used the Illithid abilities ONCE and never absorbed more tadpoles. This better lead to some relevant outcome.
Knowing Larian it'll only lead to you feeling like a loser once you realize swallowing 20 of these fuckers for unlimited powah have absolutely no consequences. It was the exactly same thing with source vampirism in DOS2, not falling for the same bullshit again, I'm gonna eat all the bugs.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Always read the EULA and terms and conditions.
Why? It isn't worth shit.
it isn't even legally binding in most countries. And especially not anywhere its content is in contrast with the current consumer laws.

It's actually binding as it's a written contract.

A EULA is a legally enforceable contract between you and the end user and can protect your intellectual property and copyright.

Under the laws of any jurisdiction, a contract is only binding when both parties give their mutual consent to the contract’s terms. Thus, a EULA is binding as long as the user gives their consent to the agreement and the language of the EULA is coherent enough that said user could be expected to understand they are entering into a contract with you.

A EULA’s clauses govern the relationship between you and the end user. The primary legal protections of a EULA provide you with the following:

• Reaffirms your ownership rights
  • Explains rights conferred in license to user
  • Restricts the use of the license
  • Disclaims warranties
  • Limits liabilities
  • Describes license termination
A EULA may provide some protection from a possible lawsuit brought by an end user who claims your software damaged or harmed them or their company in some way.

Sauce

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Because it's a contract moron. Are you going to go cry now?
Eh, you can if you've really nothing better to be doing with that time. No idea what you think is worth crying about lol.

Every single companion warning me that IF YOU DONT CONTROL YOURSELF BAD THINGS WILL HAPPEN is way too obvious.
It is by definition the most on-rails way to play the game, to be fair.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Eh, you can if you've really nothing better to be doing with that time. No idea what you think is worth crying about lol.

I'm not the one crying here. You made an idiotic statement. I corrected you. Everything you sign is boilerplate, including the doctor.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
I hope Larian will get to work on a Planescape: Torment sequel next. The Nameless One could be the Genderless One and we'd travel around the material plane having buttsecks with creatures of all different races. Party banter would be much elevated, like the scene wherein one can violently throat-fuck Dak'kon on a table of the Smoldering Corpse Bar while Morte's licking your bunghole. Also, to give a nod to the original game, the theme of the game could be 'What can change the nature of a straight white man', which could be a fascinating subject in the hands of our Belgium masters of prose. (spoiler: the answer is 'playing BG3')
If Chris Avellone were the lead writer, nearly the entire Codex would play a Larian-developed PS:T2. What can change the nature of a Codexer? :M

Eisenheinrich

Scholar

I'm not the one crying here. You made an idiotic statement. I corrected you. Everything you sign is boilerplate, including the doctor.

You can't stop winning, can you?

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
If Chris Avellone were the lead writer, nearly the entire Codex would play a Larian-developed PS:T2. What can change the nature of a Codexer? :M
In all honesty, that's what Swen is actually missing: a good writer. But Swen is probably listening to everybody else but posts and ideas like these.

And, since he is making a boat-load of money, you can't really fault him.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
In all honesty, that's what Swen is actually missing: a good writer. But Swen is probably listening to everybody else but posts and ideas like these.

And, since he is making a boat-load of money, you can't really fault him.

It's ultimately his responsibility and his failure.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Performance deteriorated badly once I entered Baldur's Gate in Act III.
The first place I visited as a bard was naturally the circus, and there's maybe 50 NPCs there, and the game slugs. Then a big fights starts...
I'll either have to wait for updates that improve performance, some nVidia driver specific to the game to optimize it, or go down to lame visual settings.

HammyTheFat

Scholar
The first place I visited as a bard was naturally the circus, and there's maybe 50 NPCs there, and the game slugs. Then a big fights starts...
I'll either have to wait for updates that improve performance, some nVidia driver specific to the game to optimize it, or go down to lame visual settings.
What card are you using? My 4070 should be arriving at some point later today so im hoping I can finally get off medium/low settings.

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Not at Act III yet (coop timetabling woes), but I found performance a lot more unreliable after the recent nvidia driver update (an update that the launcher directed me to use, lol).

Granted coop mode is always going to exaggerate performance issues, because it's rendering the world twice over (2x 1720x1440 in this case). But it's still noticeably less stable at maintaining the 100-110 frames I was getting beforehand.

I'm not the one crying here. You made an idiotic statement. I corrected you.
Calm down bucko, nobody is crying. You were asked a question, you don't need to lose your head over it.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
The final combat encounters are the worst thing in the game by far.

Climatic showdown? Here, have twenty low-level mobs that present no challenge at all! I'm not shitting you, most of it is intellect devourers and lv1 goblins.

How do we alleviate this? You can summon your own 20 low-level mobs!

Now a single round can take 20 minutes!

:deathclaw:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom