Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

dukeofwoodberry

Educated
Just because she's bugged as fuck doesn't mean she's evil exclusive. In a month, she'll be working just fine if you skip the grove, but the goblin route will still suck balls.
If you slaughter tieflings with goblins you still went evil regardless of finishing off druids

Rhobar121

Scholar
Game is unfinished. People keep discovering so much cut content in the game. Act 3 super rushed with no ending slides.
Mercy, any moron who complains that the game has cut content is retarded. This is literally what the development process is all about, some things are dropped in the process for various reasons. Literally every game has tons of it, which is why no sensible developer brags about features years before release.
Otherwise you've got fairy tales like throwing explosives through a window to gas a room in witcher 2.
For this reason, getting excited about datamining is stupid, no one really knows how much of it will make it to the full version.

dukeofwoodberry

Educated
BG3 has possibly (hopefully not) cemented the "player sexual" romance shit. That is yuuuuge cringe and embarrassing for anyone who has defended that. It has the worst romance system in any game I've ever played. You literally can't have a true friend in the game because everything is soured by sex shit.

If there is a sexual element between two people it isn't a real friendship because the sexual element will always take precedence over the friendship. It compromises the whole thing. So in BG3 you can't have a real friend because we need to appease the small number of degenerate and dysgentic faggots on reddit who cry when male party member x doesn't want to sodomize them.

Eisenheinrich

Scholar
Gifted Shadowcooch a statue of Selûne (pronounced: /sɛˈluːnɛ/ seh-LOON-eh or: /sɛˈluːneɪ/ seh-LOON-ay) because I just love her so much.

Also not talking to Gale. Fuck you. Weave away.

gSxdPlB.jpeg

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
BG3 has possibly (hopefully not) cemented the "player sexual" romance shit. That is yuuuuge cringe and embarrassing for anyone who has defended that. It has the worst romance system in any game I've ever played. You literally can't have a true friend in the game because everything is soured by sex shit.

If there is a sexual element between two people it isn't a real friendship because the sexual element will always take precedence over the friendship. It compromises the whole thing. So in BG3 you can't have a real friend because we need to appease the small number of degenerate and dysgentic faggots on reddit who cry when male party member x doesn't want to sodomize them.

Apparently Bioware did it first in one of their Dragon Age games, no idea which as i haven't played any of them.

They really shot themselves in the foot with this shit. If they had made all the companions normal with good quests and personal backstories but picked one specifically to make gay (say, Astarion), and write that into the game and his story and quests nobody would have had a problem with that.

But then that wouldn't have appeared the reddit trubo fags.

Rhobar121

Scholar

I think Elex was much worse at this.

Larianshill

Arbiter

Apparently Bioware did it first in one of their Dragon Age games, no idea which as i haven't played any of them.

They really shot themselves in that foot with that. If they had made all the companions normal with good quests and personal backstories but picked one specifically to make gay (say, Astarion), and write that into the game and his story and quests nobody would have had a problem.

Bioware's implementation of playersexuality is significantly better, because no one initiates romances on their own there. You pick whether or not a companion is gay when you click the flirt button, so there's no sexual element if you don't want it to be there. In BG3, everyone wants a piece of you, and they'll let you know about it unprompted.

Rhobar121

Scholar

They really shot themselves in the foot with this shit. If they had made all the companions normal with good quests and personal backstories but picked one specifically to make gay (say, Astarion), and write that into the game and his story and quests nobody would have had a problem with that.

If I remember correctly it was DA2 and it was probably even worse than BG3 because of the dialogue wheel. Although here my memory may not be the best because I played it once in my life

dukeofwoodberry

Educated

A small but vocal number of fags would have complained loudly as they have before. Everyone knows the Dragon Age games after Origins are complete shit and an utter embarrassment. Nothing from those games should have ever been emulated. If they did something like make every party romanceable by both genders, it was an obvious sign to never replicate that

perfectslumbers

Arbiter
They only were playersexual in Dragon Age 2 because EA put a gun to their heads and told them to make a game in 14 months. Never happened in any other Bioware game.

Ibn Sina

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
There is no question that Larian blew their load regarding class and race interactivity in act 1. Everything after falls sharply. By act 3 race or class rarely comes in conversations at all, and this is with Lolth sworn cleric drow no one comments on drow or lolth at all in act 3.

Shaki

Arbiter
I'm playing bg1 and it has a day and night cycle.
Also it has no turn based combat and is just bland in comparison
Grunken.txt - has incredibly shit taste. Thinks comfy oldschool fantasy is bland.
Here, so you can update your txt: BG3 > BG2 > BG1
smutny-siara.gif
BG1 is bland as fuck, it's a fact, not opinion.

BG2 tho, when it's comes to atmosphere/exploration, definitely beats BG3. There are only few locations which evoke same feeling of wonder/adventure here, like Hag dungeon and Shar temple. But this, and arguably companions/soundtrack are pretty much only things BG2 does better. Overall BG 3 > BG 2 > BG 1 is probably a valid ranking.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom