Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 - tips, tricks & helpful information

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
I literally haven’t shoved a single enemy over a ledge the entire game
i felt cheated, ive executed perfectly pushes to drop cambion warlord to death but it turns out those chasm were fake/were treated as wall

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Btw that Harpy fight you guys constantly talk about, musta missed it. Where is it? Shadowlands?

Druid Grove near the beach.
Yeah, its an early game, level 3 fight. But having the entire party perma charmed, unless you can somehow block it, makes it rather tricky.

But yes, Armor of Agathys was great there, particularly that most of it happens in water...

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
welp, durge bard was a mistake

you have to fight the slayer in a 1v1

EDIT:
lol, my ghouls summoned by tome of necromancy paralyzed it :lol:

Last edited:

volklore

Arcane
That githyanki fight on the risen road at the mountain pass lol. They were all very nicely lined up for create water + lightning bolt combo. I guess picking Alert on both shadowheart and Gale really paid off. The fighter bitch still won initiative over my martials and killed one of them through blade ward lol. Didn't help that my portent dices were complete ass (both in the midrange, not enough to make her miss). Probably quite a tough fight if you run into it early.
I ended up picking GWM on my MC because it really synergizes well with reckless attacks and the early worm powers, and barb gets some initiative buff and immunity to surprised later but I am starting to wonder if I should just have picked alert anyways on both melees too. GWM is nice to wipe up weak mobs but for now even with bless and advantage there are things I can't hit that consistently. Although 2xGWM with wolf rage creates pretty crazy power turns on bosses but I don't see anything as good as consistently winning initiative on everyone and getting a full turn before the enemy gets to act (especially factoring larianbrew combos and barrelmancy).

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
does dungeon delver feat work? wasnt able to spot traps in the swamp. Logs showed rolls up to 5 and nothing about advantage so im suspicious

volklore

Arcane
Grunker apparently there is a ring called 'The Whispering Promise' that gives 2 rounds of free Bless to a target when it is healed by the wearer. Could work with your combo you mentioned earlier?

I'm unable to test this hypothesis because I can't find the ring in the game files =(

https://baldursgate3.wiki.fextralife.com/The+Whispering+Promise
Dunno if it works with the ring but blade ward on heal or bless on heals worked with healing potions for me, also works with life cleric channel divinity ability and for what seems to be any source of healing. Mass healing word is pretty crazy with that combo bless and bladeward whole party, and you still get a full action out of the round.

Yosharian

Arcane
Grunker apparently there is a ring called 'The Whispering Promise' that gives 2 rounds of free Bless to a target when it is healed by the wearer. Could work with your combo you mentioned earlier?

I'm unable to test this hypothesis because I can't find the ring in the game files =(

https://baldursgate3.wiki.fextralife.com/The+Whispering+Promise
Dunno if it works with the ring but blade ward on heal or bless on heals worked with healing potions for me.
Hmm it probably does work then. jeez that's crazy.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Btw that Harpy fight you guys constantly talk about, musta missed it. Where is it? Shadowlands?
Dungeon of Nahuelbeck

They down half your team early but all you have to do is get them back on their feet and you’re good.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
If you are planning to save the prisoners in the
Iron Throne
, don't heed Enver's warning. Go there when you first take the submersible. If you go back and then return, the prisoners bug and stand still, leaving you unable to complete the quest.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
hm there is item + ability that would give pretty much unlimited turns with fire spells but it only works few times for some reason
hat that gives bonus action when using fire spell + worm ability that let u swap between bonus and main actions

notpl

Arbiter

Russia is over. The end.

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
What's going on here? Why does she get hit back by twice the damage she inflicted?
b13d43099efe61c8972c8f8a24005917.png

Edit: nvm, I see it.

Barbarian

Arcane
Lol I got
Scratch the dog
as a familiar, complete with summon familiar ritual spell and all. I'm a pure class rogue.

Nice touch but doesn't the 5e ruleset have class restriction on which characters can have familiars such as older editions? He is pretty weak in combat but quite useful. He can use the "help" action for instance. Also useful outside combat(extra perception rolls for finding hidden loot and etc).

Level 2 animal. No idea if he will gain levels or abilities. Probably not.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
i guess Ive entered hag fight too early(im barely lvl4) and just lol at this situation.
Can someone spoil me what do I lose if I push her down the chasm and cant loot?

EDIT:
managed to kill her, got interesting dialogue with the dead but loot is meh? Since in following scenario I get bug(tried 2 times). It doesnt feel like I lose anything by dropping her?

managed to get her to low life, win the check, but then I get this buggy window:

Edit2: while buggy window locks me out of everything, quick save&load works. Loaded into another cutscene and all is fine
bg3_error.png

Last edited:

Salvo

Arcane

Russia is over. The end.

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
I'm playing on hard, but I can't win any battles unless I cheese my way through with Darkness. Is this cheating, e.g. akin to spamming skull traps in bg2? Or am I doing alright?

Mostly, mobs are confused by darkness and don't enter it, skipping their turn. You peek out, fire shots or spells and go back in.

This encounter for example.
2b92f7e1847bd34b4f6e85606eb31e60.jpg

jackofshadows

Magister
Is this cheating, e.g. akin to spamming skull traps in bg2? Or am I doing alright?
I consider that as a hard AI abuse, it clearly suppose to run at you in this situations while it don't even try. So yeah, I hope they'll fix it so fog/darkness use will be valid. So far, I think not.

Just learned that it's possible to legitimately raise stats above 20 in this game, cool.
Mirror of Loss, by SH's quest

With the way Larian has messed with the rules, it seems like 1 Diviner/11 Sorcerer. Do learned wizard spells still use INT? This should be avoidable on a Sorcerer since they have the same spell list, right?

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom