Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 - tips, tricks & helpful information

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
My main char was a paladin that I changed to Warlock (just wanted to focus on high charisma for conversation checks). Didn't overthink it but pally/warlock works surprisingly well (almost endless divine smite).
Paladins and warlocks are easly the most over powered classes right now. They trivalize most af the fight after lvl 3.

Edit: On topic, here's the cheese of the day. The """"Mundane""""Chest we get from the Arcane Tower is a really nice container to carry Sussur flowers. Just gave the chest to some sneaky guy or a jumper to get near casters and then release the blooms!
Stuff like that is really incline, but does the blooms survive in act 3 and can you keep doing that trick? I think they wane of.

Hımmm, I think this can be a bug. It certainly didn't worked my friend. his flower lost it's powers the moment he got it out of Underdark. He couldn't even able to put it inside the Mundane Chest because the flower even stopped that magic effect.

Ryzer

Arcane
I was puzzled between Barb wildheart and Berserker but then decided to go with Berserker.
The speak with animals spell seems meaningless when many other classes can get it too, the bonus you obtain as well is small ( whether bear, elk and others).
It seems to be a noobtrap imo.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
They're not small.

Just let the phonegame memes go. It's a great ruleset.

volklore

Arcane
I was puzzled between Barb wildheart and Berserker but then decided to go with Berserker.
The speak with animals spell seems meaningless when many other classes can get it too, the bonus you obtain as well is small ( whether bear, elk and others).
It seems to be a noobtrap imo.
Depends on party comp. The main advantage of wildheart is you get the additional effect of the rage on the same turn as your rage(at least on bear, wolf, tiger and elk). With wolfheart you can give any other martial in your party advantage on attack rolls on targets close to you. Bear rage gets you super tanky again right on the round you activate your rage. Zerkers bonus actions are great (especially enraged throw) but unless you find ways to consistently get extra bonus actions (haven't found any deep into act1) you have to wait a turn to use them.

Last edited:

Ryzer

Arcane
They're not small.
Elk: +3,5m movement and bonus action
or
Eagle: dash bonus action +one attack from above.
or
Bear: Healing spell + more resistances, this one is probably the best out of all them but imo healing should only be the responsability of Shadowheart, it's unfitting for a Barbarian.
or
Wolf: Wolf heart granting an equivalent of Bless, a level 1 Cleric spell
or
Tiger: grants an AOE (=cleave) + bleed status.

volklore

Arcane
They're not small.

Wolf: Wolf heart granting an equivalent of Bless, a level 1 Cleric spell
or
Tiger: grants an AOE (=cleave) + bleed status.
Wolf is advantage on any melee strikes on targets close to you, it's massive, it's not bless, and they both combine just fine. If you run GWM on another martial it's a great way to ensure they hit. Bear is if you want to be super sturdy, not my thing but again you get all the resistances directly as you rage. Eagle is a bit of a niche but there are a lot of items that give bonuses on dash casts and you can still use the strike from above and setup another melee for advantage since it's a regular weapon action (more situational but barbs have movement in drove so getting up high without using bonus action should be relatively easy). Tiger give you a 1/2 weapon damage cleave action that hits 3 targets and bleeds so as far as dmg per round on your barb it's a massive boost and the bleed can be used with the tiger animal aspect you get at level 6 (you get 2xSTR modifier on dmg when hitting bleeding targets. There is not that many sources of bleed in the game, most are weapon skills that can only be used once per short rest. This one you can basically try to bleed every round during your rage and then use it to combo with your extra attacks/haste actions.
Meanwhile you zerk rage and you have to wait a turn to use enraged throw. Maybe I am missing something but unless you don't run another martial in your team, I don't see a way zerker gets you more value than wolfheart. Unless you're going for the throwing build with tavern brawler or do not run any other martial in your team.

Last edited:

volklore

Arcane
Wolf is advantage on any melee strikes on targets close to you
Isn't it just for your allies?
yes for allies, but barbs have reckless strike so you already get advantage on all melee attacks.
Still even with a single other martial in the party like a fighter (especially with GWM) automatically giving him advantage for one bonus action you'd use anyways is a lot of value imo. Only downside is it requires more focus on initiative than Berzerker to be good, because turn order can really screw things badly for you.

Last edited:

POOPERSCOOPER

Prophet
I was hoping I could squeeze by and get like 60 fps on something on my computer but I think my CPU is like too old or something. I have an I5 - 6500, 32 gigs of ram, 3060 rtx and SSD. I jump from like 40-60 FPS in the grove, any ideas? I've tried like different settings and they all do the same thing.

Longes

Augur
Raphael ain't shit lmao. Bestow Curse: Dread, and bro never even got a turn. Can't beat that 27 Roll With Disadvantage spell DC. Control mages keep on winning.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
yeah feels like an oversight that he is so weak to cc. beating him with just dmg would be challenging at least I died first time trying that fight (Raphael + lava golem were only fights in act 2-3 that took more than 1 try)

Shrimp

Liturgist
Raphael's fight seems like it's supposed to have a gimmick with him getting powered up by the soul pillars in the room you fight him in, but since his WIS is so low you can easily just keep him locked down without giving him a chance to act.
I landed Hold Monster on him in the first round of combat and he didn't get to do anything for the remainder of the fight. I guess in the end he was all bark and no bite :-D

Longes

Augur
Cherished Necromancy staff basically breaks the game because you get infinite casts of any necromancy spells, and they are all resisted at a disadvantage. Circle Of Death every turn. Sickening Ray upcast to 6. Blindness on everyone in the entire fight. Go ham, you can afford it.

Minion necromancy is a pain in the ass in this game, but direct offensive necromancers win massively.

volklore

Arcane

Anybody notice this ? I just notice gale having this buff. But It's not documented in any tooltip on his character sheet.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom