Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

as a hacker, once you hit level 14 you automatically can't die anymore:
ping
mark people through walls
kill people through walls
blind the potential lone asshole looking for you
move four steps away
repeat until earth is devoid of human life

Turjan

Arcane
Finally did the M’ap Tann Pelen to Transmission quests.
While the quests had their moments, I found it weird that you could just give in to your anger and kill the whole party in the end. That doesn't make any narrative sense. I can understand why they let the player do that, but come on... They let you into the heart of their organization with full access to your arsenal, which also still works after you lay in a tub full of ice water for what was probably hours? Yeah, totally makes sense. As much as I disliked those chars.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
While the quests had their moments, I found it weird that you could just give in to your anger and kill the whole party in the end. That doesn't make any narrative sense. I can understand why they let the player do that, but come on... They let you into the heart of their organization with full access to your arsenal, which also still works after you lay in a tub full of ice water for what was probably hours? Yeah, totally makes sense. As much as I disliked those chars.

Oh that's interesting, if you
side with Netwatch
you get a different result (well, the same in terms of bodycount, but the circumstances are different). I wonder if anything else happens with the Voodoo Boys if you
leave them peacefully
at that point.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
People have been talking about the jumpy legs so I tried them, I must say I found them rather underwhelming. It's not exactly Warframe or Titanfall is it? :)

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Well it wasn't bad, just felt like a stupid choice and it's funny the amount of times the game tells you that, Johnny, Misty, "Hell"man, etc.

It wasn't my first choice TBH (my first choice was
going with the nomads because it felt like a better idea to make matters in my hand
since that is basically how played most of the game) though
in the long run all endings end up similarly with you waiting to die at some point down the line -with the exception of the suicide ending of course- which i guess lives some room for DLC
).

As for the Arasaka ending i actually didn't found it stupid (it was my next choice) because
it makes the most sense that since they made the biochip and have its inventor available right there, they'd be in the best position to fix my case - the only issue was if they'd do that and it all relied on if you trusted Hanako or not, but the way the game presents Arasaka and Takemura, they never really lie to you... which ends up being the case in the ending too, they did kept their promise and try to fix you you after all

Johnny, Misty, etc told you it is a stupid choice, but they have beef with Arasaka, however that is because
of Jackie's death for Misty, which only happened because of the heist and not because someone from Arasaka woke up and killed Jackie for no reason -if anything V and Jackie killed way more Arasaka men during the heist- and because of Alt's abduction for Johhny, but V has done similar, if not worse, things during the game for fixers
. And besides, when Johhny says that pretty much everything is a stupid choice during the entire game, he loses a bit of credibility for me :-P.

Game is easy.
Slaps F5 every 5 seconds and F9 every 15.

You can't save during combat though, you need to move far away (and this isn't always possible).

If you're of the anglo-saxon persuasion, here is a good demonstration of your ancestral prowess:

8vD8U0B.jpg
FYI, Caesar and Cicero never saw an Anglo-Saxon in England. They were a Germanic tribe that settled in England in the 5th century.

But whatever they did see does clearly still exist in Bongland. The Romans, Anglo-Saxons and Vikings apparently weren't completely successful with their efforts to cleanse the island.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
So V's got cigarette burns on his upper inner wrist. I bet it connects with his mentioning a shitty father. Figures.

The burns shouldn't look like that after so long, though. They should look like normal scar tissue.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
So V's got cigarette burns on his upper inner wrist. I bet it connects with his mentioning a shitty father. Figures.

The burns shouldn't look like that after so long, though. They should look like normal scar tissue.

They're welts from when you got an injection at Viktors.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Crafting and rare door openings seemed pretty useless early game, but I kept going with the tech stat since I was committed. Have to say, after getting the perk that lets you craft epic items I made a revolver that nearly doubled the damage output of what I had before, along with insanely high crit bonuses. Seriously like +50% crit chance and +70% crit damage bonus. I don't know if stealth hits automatically count as crits or not, and it probably doesn't matter since I kill 99% of enemies in one shot already, but still... that was a fucking huge upgrade. Shame there's no way I'm getting 20 in tech since my playlist requires maxing cool and reflexes.

Anyway... it's still probably worthless overall, you find plenty of great weapons and I'll probably find a legendary revolver in 10 minutes that beats it, but for a hot second there it was a nice dopamine hit when the numbers went up up up.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Since everyone else is playing this garbage, I decided to check out something similar (SEVERAL Codexers like PorkyThePaladin have described CP77 as an incredible playable movie.)
DETROIT: Become Human. The world design and settings are fantastic and the story is immaculately told through gameplay as only David Cage can deliver. The amount of C&C is UNBELIEVABLE, from small actions affecting the present and future, to large actions like the deaths of characters significantly altering how things play out. The game takes all these choices into account and is VERY satisfying.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Since everyone else is playing this garbage, I decided to check out something similar (SEVERAL Codexers like PorkyThePaladin have described CP77 as an incredible playable movie.)
DETROIT: Become Human. The world design and settings are fantastic and the story is immaculately told through gameplay as only David Cage can deliver. The amount of C&C is UNBELIEVABLE, from small actions affecting the present and future, to large actions like the deaths of characters significantly altering how things play out. The game takes all these choices into account and is VERY satisfying.

4/10 too obvious

Robber Baron

Savant

Tried it when it went free on PS+. Never managed to finish a single David Cage game and this was no exception.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth

4/10 too obvious

8seYXZX.png

SoupNazi

That's actually pretty sad because I used super-jump and the game had trouble even acknowledging that I could easily hop on the roof. It's the same issue I pointed out on previous pages: too many solutions open for every type of build. Imagine if super/double jumping was expected by NPCs or the walls would have some sort movement detection if you try jumping above. All those cool ways you have listed that now I want to try wasted by this cyberware. If it was locked behind Stret Cred 30 then maybe but I easily farmed SC to level 20 in starting district by doing hand-placed side-jobs. I mean leg-implants should be late-game upgrades as they take depth away from the mission we are discussing. Although what you said is still better than just putting everything in one spot or making hard to miss when doing fixer gigs.
I mean, that's kind of on you though isn't it? I'm not suggesting you have to LARP but I don't understand this approach to games. I agree that again, the game should be prepared for you using the super jump / double jump to bypass stuff, and have responses to it (and NPCs should ideally use those augs themselves). But I'm happy with missions that give you all these options, and frankly in a game like this which I'm unlikely to replay more than 1 time I'm happy that I can explore those options in one-two playthroughs. Personally I choose to look at it as impressive that the mission doesn't break the moment you essentially "skip" a checkpoint or don't use one of the paths the game tries to feed you. But maybe that's just my low standards for AAA gaming. :lol:

Learned
They way they zeroed in on the 8MB limit, in holiday season no less, made me fabulously optimistic™ for the game's future. The schizo disconnect between the "story" and the "open world" is still there, crafting and itemization are still turbo autistic, etc. but the foundation is decent and I'm hopeful.

Just started a very hard run. The game is in dire need of a proper hardcore tryhard mode with consumable restrictions. Official or user made.

Robber Baron

Savant
Just started a very hard run. The game is in dire need of a proper hardcore tryhard mode with consumable restrictions. Official or user made.

You can impose those restrictions by yourself, like 20 perks max per playthrough, 5 healthpacks max at any time or some other shit. Funny enough that is what JRPG fans do to make their fav games harder with those lvl1 runs and so on.

Turjan

Arcane
They way they zeroed in on the 8MB limit, in holiday season no less, made me fabulously optimistic™ for the game's future. The schizo disconnect between the "story" and the "open world" is still there, crafting and itemization are still turbo autistic, etc. but the foundation is decent and I'm hopeful.
While they tried to downplay the issue in the beginning, people refunded the game because of the error. Also, the expectation that the game wouldn't be able to bear any expansion content without breaking if this limit stayed in place started circulating, and that's bad for business.
The suggestion by that moderator to just not play the game certainly didn't help their case.

Turjan

Arcane

Oh that's interesting, if you
side with Netwatch
you get a different result (well, the same in terms of bodycount, but the circumstances are different). I wonder if anything else happens with the Voodoo Boys if you
leave them peacefully
at that point.
I somehow doubt it. I don't think the game has any meaningful branching in its main quest. Also, I don't even know what
the Netwatch guy
had to say. I was still a bit trigger-happy after that encounter with Little Miss Hulk. Fortunately it's a "kill first - ask questions later" kind of game.

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
Some Youtuber played the game for 183 hours and then proceeds to rant about how awful it is. When asked why he played it for 183 hours he says "I had to complete everything on the map".

Pretty sure its because of people like this we have such garbage games these days.

Mefi

Prophet
Patron
waiting for a train at Perdido Street Station
I'd like to see the enemies using airhypos (I think they're called) occasionally, I mean there are so many of the fuckers lying around everywhere you'd think they'd have the brains to use them. The only enemy I've seen use an airhypo is the special forces cyberpsycho on Pacifica pier, and the game seems to think that makes him super difficult. You don't want it too often ofc otherwise fights would drag on too much, but maybe once every fight if someone used it, it would be a pleasant surprise, and add a bit of realism and a teensy bit of challenge.

It's quite jarring when you're the only person in the whole of Night City who seems to have the brains to use these thing that are lying around everywhere, and huff them like there's no tomorrow.

And speaking of huffing them like there's no tomorrow, what happened to CDPR's cool thing of you building up toxicity? That would be a nice thing to add IMHO, given that the gameplay is set up as it is, and is unlikely to change any time soon. You could have the antitoxins be moderately available but rarer than the airhypos. That might balance it out a bit. You even have a biomonitor built into your cyberware, so it would make sense to tell you when you're getting into the yellow, then the red.

Re. the combat AI, I really do think the game does have proper responsive AI in there somewhere, because it does seem to work perfectly well about a quarter of the time (maybe less, about 1/6 of the time if you're sniping the fools). For example, in both runs I've done at the old petrol station in the Panam quest, the AI has been pretty good, actually quite sneaky.

I think this is probably one problem they'll be able to fix in the not to distant future.

If you leave an NPC on low-ish health to duck behind cover, they do occasionally use healing. There's no animation but there is the sound effect. Usually they die too quickly though as they leave it much too late. As with much else, and you suggest there, I suspect there's plenty of room for tweaking towards something a bit better. Like NPCs who avoid bullets by using time cyberware but are quite happy doing it while popping away from a distance with a low damage pistol rather than using it to enter and leave melee.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom