Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Quillon

Arcane
Finally, there's no on the nose woman stronk stuff. She's competent and that's the end of story.

I don't mind these stuff anymore in games/movies whatever but she's competing to lead a masculine clan without even being the daughter of late last leader or whatever, that's enough stronkness. But I haven't even thought about comparing their characters, just the narrative they are in are too similar.

I haven't yet beaten the game, but -- Panam is the kind of personality that doesn't try to dominate or demand obedience. So no "submit to the matriarchy" shit.

Yeah, that's good but imagine in Sons of Anarchy(if you know), you have a random girl joined the MC like any other member competing with Clay instead of late-last leader's son, that girl would be Panam, that's how stronk by default she is.

Robber Baron

Savant
Even after 110 hours I managed to come across an area with a distinct style I haven't seen before

20201226212352-1.jpg

Gargaune

Arcane
Anyone have the Tapeworm quest acting up in the log? Just completed Automatic Love, Bad Neo popped up to give me a quest called Tapeworm about finding some Mikoshi macguffin, and then it disappeared from the log again. Saw a reddit post suggesting that it comes back "at the right narrative moment", but reddit isn't prestigious enough to rely on.

Perkel

Arcane
The corporations have stations in space and on the moon. To think that a group of desert dwellers could get away with a scheme like that without being found out breaks my suspension of disbelief. In principle, Cyberpunk shows its age here. While the topic is corporate control, the topic isn't really thought through to the bitter end. On the other hand, that's what makes up its nostalgic charm.

Nah, the main part of c77 and generally cyberpunk is that corporations despite the fact that they play preem place in band are just as well running a lot like headless chickens into something often. And it is not like they don't respond in that quest line they outright send heavy forces.

And it is not like we are talking about them trying to take over military compound but some boring machine. Hell for company that owns it they probably thought it was just raid for resources not some deep plan to hurt A list company.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Had this interesting bug just happen. (decided to play the heist again just to settle down after Xmas)
This is just after the heist. Jackie got thrown out of the cab lol. Sadly I can't loot him. Guess we're burying him here then lol Enjoy Dex!

Happens if you reload after the cab as Jackies animation will T-pose and fling out of the cab this is 1.06

Most beloved and cherished icon, T-pose flung from the car, laying face down, ass up in the gutter.
Accurately describes CDPR's trajectory.

Darkwind

Liturgist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Insightful analysis on what went wrong.

A fine example of someone talking for 16 minutes and saying nothing.

These cocksmokers in this topic are shitposting these useless YT videos over & over and they all need to stop shitting up the thread but they won't because that is what mid-wit retards do. Just think of RPGCodex as the new Reddit and it works better that way...

JustMyOnion

Educated
The BD interface looks an awful lot like GTA 5's action replay feature. I wonder if that was another scrapped feature.

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
I don't think it was bad software engineering per se. It was more like "a deal with the devil", and the devil is Nvidia, obviously. I have seen it way too many times, and that is yet another reason why i hate Nvidia with a passion. You see, Nvidia often offers "help" to various game studios and also sponsorships, and in exchange they get their "engineers" to "help" with the game engines, where "help" really means they optimise the engines for their latest gpu architecture while making everything else (including older nvidia generations) run like shit. This has happened too many times, and in the past it happened to other companies like Ubisoft. Ever wondered for example why Ubisoft used to be big on Nvidia "gameworks" in the early years of the previous generation, and apparently all their games were garbage optimized disasters, stuff like Unity and Watch Dogs... And apparently in the last years Ubisoft mostly ditched the Nvidia shit and suddenly the games that ditched it run far better while having better graphics! I could get technical and explain in serious detail why this happens, but i won't cause it would be off topic and looooong, and no one would read it anyway cause you are ADD cucks. :P

In any case, the point is that Nvidia probably offered many incentives to get their filthy paws on Cyberpunk 2077's engine, and it shows. And since the game was mostly designed to run optimally on recent Nvidia hardware, the game runs unoptimally on anything else, including consoles. Nvidia for example typically uses high geometry on everything, which is not optimal visually but their architectures have typically much higher geometry performance than comparable AMD gpus so AMD gpus bottleneck more. I can easily see that Cyberpunk 2077 uses A LOT of useless geometry and that can cripple consoles that use weaker cpu cores and amd gpus. I can't see how they can optimise this shit now and release for PS4. They need to literally swap all models for lower poly variants, then redo the animation. Perhaps do a pass on textures, replace some poly-based effects with shader-based effects etc. There is a reason performance on PS4 sucked. It won't be easy to make the game playable on previous gen consoles, and if they do, it will probably lower the hardware requirements on PC as well, if they port the assets.

CDPR should have NEVER made a deal with Nvidia. I suppose they probably did it cause polish engineers suck and they were adamant on being "state of the art" on "next gen" for marketing and bragging reasons, so they invited the Nvidia scum to "help". Instead of just advancing the Witcher 3 engine a bit, which was already somewhat optimised, they instead created a frankestein monster while also delivering Nvidia the keys to the castle, and the Nvidia fucks turned Cyberpunk 2077 from the most anticipated game of the decade to just a tech demo to push RTX 3080 sales. Fucking potatoland idiots, like anyone played the Witcher games for the graphics...

Turjan

Arcane
But that's a shitty incentive to betray Panam anyway, I would have prefered there was an option to convince her to leave the clan.
Well, you won't be able to sway her mind, no. In the end, you know exactly what you are getting into if you team up with her. Either put up with it, or go your own way.
It's not exactly a shitty reason. If you really think that this sounds like a suicide mission, it's a reasonable way to act. In character, you wouldn't know how the mission ends. It's only with the knowledge how this plays out that you think that mission is a good idea. Or "game logic": trust that the game won't send you on a mission that will fail in an uninteresting way.

With game-logic in mind this should have been a militech set-up cos its literally pointed out "being too convenient" among other indications, prolly cut-content. Never thought mission was a good idea hence I mentioned how I wound up doing the mission but "suicide mission" or not betraying her for just a car is shitty incentive.
You don't know about the car when you make your decision. But I think you get to the point why this is a shitty choice: If you take it, you miss out on quite a bit of content. And which player wants to miss out on content - willingly.

Turjan

Arcane
Anyone have the Tapeworm quest acting up in the log? Just completed Automatic Love, Bad Neo popped up to give me a quest called Tapeworm about finding some Mikoshi macguffin, and then it disappeared from the log again. Saw a reddit post suggesting that it comes back "at the right narrative moment", but reddit isn't prestigious enough to rely on.
That's normal. The quest should pop up a few times. Resolution should be shortly after you completed all of the four main quest lines of Act 2.

Quillon

Arcane
If you take it, you miss out on quite a bit of content.

There are a few quests where this is the case; some stuff just doesn't seem logical to do so I didn't do it, now in my second run I'm yes-manning everything and there are no consequences, just more content.

Turjan

Arcane
The corporations have stations in space and on the moon. To think that a group of desert dwellers could get away with a scheme like that without being found out breaks my suspension of disbelief. In principle, Cyberpunk shows its age here. While the topic is corporate control, the topic isn't really thought through to the bitter end. On the other hand, that's what makes up its nostalgic charm.

Nah, the main part of c77 and generally cyberpunk is that corporations despite the fact that they play preem place in band are just as well running a lot like headless chickens into something often. And it is not like they don't respond in that quest line they outright send heavy forces.

And it is not like we are talking about them trying to take over military compound but some boring machine. Hell for company that owns it they probably thought it was just raid for resources not some deep plan to hurt A list company.

These corporations terminate their employees by orbital strike if they don't need them anymore (you find one such individual). There's no reason why they shouldn't find that Basilisk in an open landscape. They should be able to watch their satellite footage. It's inconsistent.

Your "c77 is so" isn't that different from what I call "nostalgic charm" in the end.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
the Nvidia fucks turned Cyberpunk 2077 from the most anticipated game of the decade to just a tech demo to push RTX 3080 sales.

Definitely possible. The game reception and videos have reminded me of original release Crysis which was just a big graphics tech demo on top of a mediocre game, and many of the videos have struck me as a huge ad for RTX and performance hardware making it seem compelling where nothing else really has before in my mind.

Turjan

Arcane

There are a few quests where this is the case; some stuff just doesn't seem logical to do so I didn't do it, now in my second run I'm yes-manning everything and there are no consequences, just more content.
Yeah, like Stefan. Who in his right mind would take the offer? Only someone who's just curious.

Derringer

Prophet
I think the delisting is what hurts them the most, along with Xbox extended refunds, and I think the main reason both those things happened was the stupid press release by CDP telling people to return the game if they want. I don't know if that was a fuck up based on not understanding standard refund policies or what, but that's what made Sony and Microsoft shove it up their ass like they did. According to Digital Foundry there were games that ran just as badly as the PS3 and Xbox 360 at the end of their life cycles like Far Cry 3 and Crysis 3, and those companies just stuck their fingers in their ears and weathered the storm. CDP could have probably gotten away with doing the same, especially since the PC version is pretty solid and even after refunds they sold 13 million copies.
I still don't know why the fuck they did that, Cyberpunk is like any other failed AAA project successfully sold with marketing, they were being fucking stupid thinking they weren't going to get stabbed in the back by both companies.

JustMyOnion

Educated
On the topic of events not fitting the world,
Saburo's death belongs at the top of that list. One of the most powerful men alive and he dies from 10 seconds of choking? No cybernetics lungs, or cybernetic revival implants? His personal bodyguard doesn't have advanced cyber-eyes that could immediately scan the room for additional life signs? And nobody thought about checking the body which would reveal obvious choking marks?

I kept expecting Saburo to just stand up and be fine, and the whole situation being a red herring but it was all for real, apparently.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
The serial killer BD mission feels insanely Grand Theft Auto, like the Housers wrote it, and I bailed when the very GTA style corporate sassy lady offered me money.

Quillon

Arcane

Yeah, like Stefan. Who in his right mind would take the offer? Only someone who's just curious.

Or that guy when you first meet Rogue; you are about to meet the top fixer in town and this guy right near offering a job bypassing the fixer involvement. Granted I didn't agree to this in my first run and didn't complete it in my second run just yet but I'm sure I won't get any flak from any fixer/Rogue, maybe I'm wrong tho, hopefully :P

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Paralez quest was good. Would have been way better as main quest.

The detective investigation in that is nice, and it has a lovely sinister air about it (the use of antique untraceable tech gave me goosebumps). I think it was a lost opportunity not to tie that quest into the beyond-the-Blackwall stuff. It could have led to an alternative way of getting into touch with Alt Cunningham, for example.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Man, the turn range on some of these vehicles is terrible.

I was shocked to discover that the possibility of mouse turning a vehicle is in the game (the tank). Why the fuck didn't they implement an option for mouse turning for the cars and bikes for PC?
But that's a shitty incentive to betray Panam anyway, I would have prefered there was an option to convince her to leave the clan.
Well, you won't be able to sway her mind, no. In the end, you know exactly what you are getting into if you team up with her. Either put up with it, or go your own way.
It's not exactly a shitty reason. If you really think that this sounds like a suicide mission, it's a reasonable way to act. In character, you wouldn't know how the mission ends. It's only with the knowledge how this plays out that you think that mission is a good idea. Or "game logic": trust that the game won't send you on a mission that will fail in an uninteresting way.

Edit: It's game logic, anyway. The corporations have stations in space and on the moon. To think that a group of desert dwellers could get away with a scheme like that without being found out breaks my suspension of disbelief. In principle, Cyberpunk shows its age here. While the topic is corporate control, the topic isn't really thought through to the bitter end. On the other hand, that's what makes up its nostalgic charm.

Yes, very much agree with this. Thinking things through to the bitter end, there's actually no way for "renegade corpos" or "street kids" or "nomads" to outsmart the corps, given that their bodies are stuffed with corp-made hi tech, and they don't have the collective resources to make their own corp-free hi tech.

I can see the possibility of that only when the human diaspora is spread enough (say solar system colonization, or even star system hopefully) such that anti-corp types can have their own industrial bases, and have enough numbers to staff them. But then they'll probably rediscover the wheel and develop their own forms of tyranny.

The idea that "plucky renegades" could have the slightest chance against the society-controlling system (which is the very core essence of cyberpunk) is indeed a function of the relative naivete of the 70s and 80s.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom