Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
Combined with Peralez quest, that fucking song everyone humms but no one can actually remember the name of, and Mr. Blue Eyes watching you the whole game and being present in some of the endings, there is definitely some Deus Ex conspiracy going on. Future expansions hints?

1:41?

ChildInTime

Learned
Combined with Peralez quest, that fucking song everyone humms but no one can actually remember the name of, and Mr. Blue Eyes watching you the whole game and being present in some of the endings, there is definitely some Deus Ex conspiracy going on. Future expansions hints?

1:41?

Yes! Doesn't it also play when you make all the important decisions?

Hellraiser

Arcane
The Mizuki Shion is also good as far as sports cars go and I think a bit cheaper (half the price of a quadra turbo?) I think Wakako sells that one in Japantown. Keep in mind though that I just got got used to driving the Galena that costs only 19k so my view on how well it steers might be very flawed. The Shion is good enough to win the racing though.
Uh, that was a head-scratcher, 'cause I plugged "Mizuki Shion cyberpunk" into Bing and got a face full of anime. Google did pop up the Mizutani Shion after a bit of fiddling, and that looks pretty nice, I'd give it a go.

My bad, edited the post. Just one car called Shion in the game. There's also a more expensive Nomad "Coyote" Shion variant which I got for my Nomad, but it's not worth the money, also I find the "smartglass" windows annoying on the Nomad cars that have them.

The Apollo bike, at least the Nomad variant (obtained for free from the main quest chain related to Hellman), is also worth a shot as far as steering is concerned.

Mefi

Prophet
Patron
waiting for a train at Perdido Street Station
Only now noticed that the "Woman of La Mancha" quest has some aftermath.
Found one of her two colleagues who wanted you to make her go in a trash heap, together with a message that pointed to the other one sharing his fate

I've been goofing about clearing every single blue icon quest. Clearly cut into regular track listing, the radio announcer mentioned one of the people I'd found dead was missing and for anyone who knows whereabouts etc. Sadly though no follow up to that to fill out just one of those dozens of background NPCs who blur into one.

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
5640.jpg

Nice self criticism.

Cpt. Dallas

Learned
Panam storyline is trash, typical Stronk Female M-Rey Sue bullshit.
If you liked her character or found her romance engaging you should consider getting your T-levels checked. Srsly.

Bang on, line for line. Still it could have been worse. They could have gone with OuterWorldsLesbo aesthetic for her.
The Judy questline is a pure dumpster fire basket case special as well, making a bad situation for all involved even worse. (Ends 'Pyramid Song' by popping her in the back of the head, and pushing her into the drink)

This from the devs who gave us the Witcher 1 sex cards.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I really enjoy stealth in games too.. but I feel like I'm swimming against the current here.. I can either waltz through these buildings with a shotgun and clear them in 3 minutes.. or slowly stealth through the building hacking cameras and fucking around with vending machines.. which usually amounts to 40 minutes later I feel empty and dead inside.

There's just no reward or sense of satisfaction there. (Compared to games like Hitman / Thief or :gags: Skyrim)

Well I play "action stealth" so it's not much slower really. I mean yes it's obviously slower than sprinting around with a shotgun, but it's not painfully slow. I never use distractions, I don't worry about bodies, I just crouch and move around quickly shooting people's brains out. I play Deus Ex and stuff pretty much the same way, usually, though ghosting runs can be fun sometimes. I have this image in my head of a future hacker katana guy plathrough that's more what you're talking about, but yeah I don't know if it would actually be any fun.

Anyway... I think the "action stealth" in this game is pretty good mechanically, it just gets really OP and starts to feel boring because there's zero challenge. Though if I get caught I still die pretty fast actually (on hard), so maybe the OP part is how easy it is not to get caught. Also who knows how easy headshots are on a gamepad I guess.

Zer0wing

Cipher
Interesting, you got some hard reading material on this or is it speculation? Early on, when consolians were complaining about T-posing, spawning/despawning and LOD pop-in bugs, it got me thinking they were mostly performance-related instantiation problems.
Just long and boring observation of complaints and comparing them to rigs people played this on and tryharding to be cpu limited myself. Success. Being cpu limited on a slower 7200rpm HDD and default 2133CL15 RAM speed makes the game go from tardy (ancient amd gpu limited) to retardy (buggy as compilations made it out to be, cpu limited). And it was obvious in case of base consoles.

Last edited:

Turjan

Arcane
The quest can end with Panam being an outcast again. Your decision.

How? By not helping her/not doing the quest/s? Cos whatever V says pushes her back to the clan if I didn't miss anything.
Rat her out to Saul. Get gift car. Anyway, she will cut all contact to V then.
It's funny that it's hardly known that you can do that, because just about everyone will play along with her plans.

Last edited:

Turjan

Arcane
Interesting, you got some hard reading material on this or is it speculation? Early on, when consolians were complaining about T-posing, spawning/despawning and LOD pop-in bugs, it got me thinking they were mostly performance-related instantiation problems.
Just long and boring observation of complaints and comparing them to rigs people played this on and tryharding to be cpu limited myself. Success. Being cpu limited on a slower 7200rpm HDD and default 2133CL15 RAM speed makes the game go from tardy (ancient amd gpu limited) to retardy (buggy as compilations made it out to be, cpu limited). And it was obvious in case of base consoles.
I think the SSD must be the most important part of the formula, because my CPU is below minimum specs, but I have system and game on (different) SSD's and never see bugs like that.

Quillon

Arcane

How? By not helping her/not doing the quest/s? Cos whatever V says pushes her back to the clan if I didn't miss anything.
It's funny that it's hardly known that you can do that, because just about everyone will play along with her plans.

Where can you do that? There was only a text from Saul during the train job asking if V knows where she is and V could answer it along the lines of "no" or "are you kidding me, no" :P

Turjan

Arcane

Where can you do that? There was only a text from Saul during the train job asking if V knows where she is and V could answer it along the lines of "no" or "are you kidding me, no" :P
You have to tell the group you don't like their plan. You can just go to Saul as soon as you're done talking with Panam.

Quillon

Arcane

You have to tell the group you don't like their plan. You can just go to Saul as soon as you're done talking with Panam.

Guess its like saving Takemura with no indication you could do it? When I said I'm out cos it sounded like a Militech set-up they went ahead anyway and I just hop "onto" the car instead of waiting with dick in my hand to see what will happen, when we arrived she said "so you decided to help after all"...

But that's a shitty incentive to betray Panam anyway, I would have prefered there was an option to convince her to leave the clan.

Turjan

Arcane
But that's a shitty incentive to betray Panam anyway, I would have prefered there was an option to convince her to leave the clan.
Well, you won't be able to sway her mind, no. In the end, you know exactly what you are getting into if you team up with her. Either put up with it, or go your own way.
It's not exactly a shitty reason. If you really think that this sounds like a suicide mission, it's a reasonable way to act. In character, you wouldn't know how the mission ends. It's only with the knowledge how this plays out that you think that mission is a good idea. Or "game logic": trust that the game won't send you on a mission that will fail in an uninteresting way.

Edit: It's game logic, anyway. The corporations have stations in space and on the moon. To think that a group of desert dwellers could get away with a scheme like that without being found out breaks my suspension of disbelief. In principle, Cyberpunk shows its age here. While the topic is corporate control, the topic isn't really thought through to the bitter end. On the other hand, that's what makes up its nostalgic charm.

Last edited:

Quillon

Arcane
Well, you won't be able to sway her mind, no. In the end, you know exactly what you are getting into if you team up with her. Either put up with it, or go your own way.
It's not exactly a shitty reason. If you really think that this sounds like a suicide mission, it's a reasonable way to act. In character, you wouldn't know how the mission ends. It's only with the knowledge how this plays out that you think that mission is a good idea. Or "game logic": trust that the game won't send you on a mission that will fail in an uninteresting way.

With game-logic in mind this should have been a militech set-up cos its literally pointed out "being too convenient" among other indications, prolly cut-content. Never thought mission was a good idea hence I mentioned how I wound up doing the mission but "suicide mission" or not betraying her for just a car is shitty incentive.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Panam storyline is trash, typical Stronk Female M-Rey Sue bullshit.

-Panam is kicked out of Nomads for being too reckless and not a team player
-Proceeds to get numerous Nomads killed for being reckless and not a team player
-Learns nothing of this, blames everyone but herself, and inexplicably earns loyalty of more Nomads
-Player forced to continually validate her, never call her out or put her in her place
-Gets the Nomads in more trouble with the gangs and pisses off a major corp.
-Never learns any lessons or shows any self-reflection on her behavior
-Saul does complete 180 for no reason, decides she's the best Nomad ever, puts her in charge and literally no one disagrees.
-Universally loved by everyone.

If you liked her character or found her romance engaging you should consider getting your T-levels checked. Srsly.

She is Veronica from NV but way stronKer :P

No, not really. First off, Panam dresses almost like a real person, compared to all the alt girls. Second, she has truly feminine traits, like irrationality and impulsive mood swings. Finally, there's no on the nose woman stronk stuff. She's competent and that's the end of story.

I'm revising my opinion of the game upwards. While the game isn't heavy on character drama, what's presented is definitely human and mature. See the talk with a depressed cop neighbor and compare to Mass Effect waifu therapy. The former is superior, even if the game isn't character-driven.

Quillon

Arcane
Finally, there's no on the nose woman stronk stuff. She's competent and that's the end of story.

I don't mind these stuff anymore in games/movies whatever but she's competing to lead a masculine clan without even being the daughter of late last leader or whatever, that's enough stronkness. But I haven't even thought about comparing their characters, just the narrative they are in are too similar.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Finally, there's no on the nose woman stronk stuff. She's competent and that's the end of story.

I don't mind these stuff anymore in games/movies whatever but she's competing to lead a masculine clan without even being the daughter of late last leader or whatever, that's enough stronkness. But I haven't even thought about comparing their characters, just the narrative they are in are too similar.

I haven't yet beaten the game, but -- Panam is the kind of personality that doesn't try to dominate or demand obedience. So no "submit to the matriarchy" shit.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
A fine example of someone talking for 16 minutes and saying nothing.
Now you know how the schooled project managers make their living.

The ones who actually know their shit are those who were raised from development to leading projects. And that too is not always a given.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom