Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Colony Ship RELEASE THREAD

jackofshadows

Magister
For what it's worth, while I'm by no means struggling with the combat and in fact have found it to be pretty breezy compared to how it was at points in EA, it does feel like encounters are overtuned on accuracy - or more likely evasion has just been nerfed into the ground. A dodge tank absolutely is not viable anymore. My MC has 12 dex, tagged evasion, taken every evasion-related feat, and I still don't think I've ever seen an enemy miss him without a distortion field up. Enemy melee in particular is frustrating, since I find my own melee units to be vexingly inaccurate, but every combat one or two enemy melee users will charge right to him and hit him with 3-4 attacks in a row without issue. The investment in evasion feels utterly pointless, with the same measure in armor-handling and other DR-boosting qualities he would be untouchable.
The thing is many enemies have graze + perks so if you have high evasion and no armor you're fucked anyway. If you wouldn't have evasion at all, AI will easily aim your lowest dr parts and debuff you > fucked. You need both basically but armor is better for a tank I'd say + regen + gadget ofc. Which makes sense since noone can dodge bullets, I like this system

Btw the 3 mind worm fight is even more insane than it was before looks like, I'm really struggling although I haven't been to Factory yet so maybe I could postpone it.

Beggar

Cipher
Does anyone opened that LOCKPICK 10 in THE ARMORY? I managed to raise electronics to 9 but my STEAL, LOCKPICK, SNEAK characters couldn't raise its lockpick level to 10

notpl

Arbiter
For what it's worth, while I'm by no means struggling with the combat and in fact have found it to be pretty breezy compared to how it was at points in EA, it does feel like encounters are overtuned on accuracy - or more likely evasion has just been nerfed into the ground. A dodge tank absolutely is not viable anymore. My MC has 12 dex, tagged evasion, taken every evasion-related feat, and I still don't think I've ever seen an enemy miss him without a distortion field up. Enemy melee in particular is frustrating, since I find my own melee units to be vexingly inaccurate, but every combat one or two enemy melee users will charge right to him and hit him with 3-4 attacks in a row without issue. The investment in evasion feels utterly pointless, with the same measure in armor-handling and other DR-boosting qualities he would be untouchable.
The thing is many enemies have graze + perks so if you have high evasion and no armor you're fucked anyway. If you wouldn't have evasion at all, AI will easily aim your lowest dr parts and debuff you > fucked. You need both basically but armor is better for a tank I'd say + regen + gadget ofc. Which makes sense since noone can dodge bullets, I like this system

Btw the 3 mind worm fight is even more insane than it was before looks like, I'm really struggling although I haven't been to Factory yet so maybe I could postpone it.
Enemies still target bodyparts and debuff the shit out my dodge tank. I get "no one can dodge bullets" but if the Evasion skill doesn't do anything then it shouldn't be presented as an option.

Sòren

Arcane
Is it me or the enemies seems to rarely miss, no matter where I am, behind cover or on the fucking moon, 95% of the time they seem to hit, which to me is kinda bullshit, especially when i have an uber skilled shootgunner injected with all juices, missing his ass off point blank xcom style.
The same I can say when enemies use burst attack and I'm behind cover and all the fucking shots hit way too fucking often.
So i went of my way to make a juiced up tank build with high evasion and it doesnt seem to make that much of a difference, even in cover I get hit way too often.

Enemies just don't seem to get that much of an accuracy penalty when using skills or when you are behind cover.

i agree about evasion, it's more about that enemies do not target you or your companion rather than about avoiding damage.

I gotta say, I have to agree with the critics. CS is just AoD in banal setting, without all the cool mysteries and shit. It's not bad, but I don't have the urge to replay it, while I replayed AoD like 7 times and had shitton of fun in every playthrough.

I don't think AoD formula works for this game, the setting is just too bland and boring to justify building the game around replayability. In AoD the world was full of shit that you couldn't wait to explore on your next playthrough, and figuring out through multiple playthrough how to achieve some really cool things like getting to the Abyss or making the airship fly, was insanely rewarding. Here I just miss the excitement and feeling of wonder. As I said, the game is not bad, but it just lacks the things that made AoD great.

I really hope if Iron Tower survives, they'll either go back to AoD setting for the next game, or create something completely new. Colony Ship one just ain't it.

i think the problem about the setting is that there are too many things that were exposed too early. for example, maybe we shouldn't know that Proxima is populated (with humanoids). maybe we should have got to know about that during the game and wonder about the implications later.

Sòren

Arcane
Does anyone opened that LOCKPICK 10 in THE ARMORY? I managed to raise electronics to 9 but my STEAL, LOCKPICK, SNEAK characters couldn't raise its lockpick level to 10

advanced energy armor

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Did anybody here manage to save Smiles?

That fight with just Evans was pretty painful.

Ensi

Educated
Early impression after an hour is that the writing has definitely taken a hit compared to AoD, feels kind of lifeless and generic. I hope it improves, love scifi settings.

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
Dang, "No internet connection" error message when trying to download the demo. I guess buying the food and beverages is going to have to be postponed.

Lhynn

Arcane
Vince you asshole. Hero difficulty my ass, I just got nailed by a gang of 4.

Going to have to get some levels and come back.

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
I can choose the skin, face, hair, tattoo, scars, and much more during the character's customization!
Unwishlisted.
:dead:

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
I can choose the skin, face, hair, tattoo, scars, and much more during the character's customization!
Unwishlisted.
:dead:

I'm confused. Are you upset that there's no genital customization?
Nah, I was just kidding. It was an attempt of meta-humor.

I actually welcome the character's customization. Neatly done! Just a handful of bodily features, and much more in the skills, stats, and feats.

Tigranes

Arcane
For the Hanson / Matheson / Sheffield thing -

I helped the spy escape, and then got a random teleport to talk to Sheffield, but without the speech skills necessary to gee him up. Is that the only chance to get further with the Traitor quest, after which you simply have no more leads & give up on it?

Tigranes

Arcane
Did anybody here manage to save Smiles?

That fight with just Evans was pretty painful.

Did it with PC + Faythe, lv4. Very fun, quite tough. Consumables change the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom