Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Deus Ex Deus Ex

You know you can turn off the atrocious new character models in the settings, right? HDTP is primarily about items/weapons/scenery.
Not that I've seen, only option I noticed was for turning off the textures which is the part of it I'm fine with and it still leaves the models even then.

Edit: WELL SON OF A BITCH, I'm completely blind. Loaded the fucker up to double check and noticed the big honking HDTP options button which I somehow glossed over every time, possibly because I was looking for it under the graphical options which does has disabling the textures for HDTP under graphics rather than the HDTP options. Shame I'm only seeing this now I'm at fucking Vandenberg but thanks for the heads up at least, that'll make subsequent plays a lot more palatable.

Unwanted

†††

Patron
Modern Deus Ex developer Eidos Montreal is reportedly aiming to return to the cyberpunk series immediately, and is hoping to outdo Cyberpunk 2077 in the process.
red-flag.png

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Mary DeMarle jumped ship to Bioware so this is the end of things you never asked for.

AW8

Arcane
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Mary DeMarle jumped ship to Bioware so this is the end of things you never asked for.
It's already been six years since MD, and for a possible sequel we have only rumors. Maybe we'll only experience the next Jensen chapter in text form, when she releases "Epistle 3".

J1M

Arcane
I don't know what would be worse, an unsatisfying ending to the Jensen storyline or a shitty reboot of the series as a whole.
fuck jensen, shitty reboot witch chargen ftw
The first thing the new studio should do is release a remake of Deus Ex. Should take under 2 years and it will serve as training for what a Deus Ex game is so the studio has some chance of success at making something new.

I'm not a fan of remakes, but I don't see how a new studio could be successful making Deus Ex if they aren't immersed in what it is first.

Devastator

Learned
I'm not a fan of remakes, but I don't see how a new studio could be successful making Deus Ex if they aren't immersed in what it is first.
Old and new players would love a good remake. They'll probably make some woke reboot. I really hope I'm wrong.

J1M

Arcane
Old and new players would love a good remake. They'll probably make some woke reboot. I really hope I'm wrong.
When I say remake I'm talking about leaving the script and voice acting and level design untouched. But you are likely right.

Sunsetspawn

Arcane
When I say remake I'm talking about leaving the script and voice acting and level design untouched. But you are likely right.
On the very first map the player is greeted by a facefull of Rockefeller, Rothschild, Trilateral Commission, central bank redpills while being introduced to a global plot to reduce population through strategic deployment of a synthetic virus and vaccine.
4kBrhRo.jpeg

Ninjerk

Arcane
On the very first map the player is greeted by a facefull of Rockefeller, Rothschild, Trilateral Commission, central bank redpills while being introduced to a global plot to reduce population through strategic deployment of a synthetic virus and vaccine.
For what it's worth, I think I played the demo off a CD that came with Incite magazine back around the time of it's release. I wouldn't get a computer that could handle the game until 5 or 6 years later and I don't think that intro was in the demo.

This is a bit tangent to your point, but I think the game was better for it as the intro gives away a bit too much of what's going on.

Sunsetspawn

Arcane
4kBrhRo.jpeg
8a84c95e69c407685b6f4825af7ffceb6798a51427b59b9c6a3b2d18e95db541.png

Found the IRL final boss.
They aren't remaking Deus Ex, and we can only hope they don't attempt making a 5th...
because as of now there are 4 great games I can reply and not catch the slightest whiff of a troon's shitslit. Imagine a 5th game tying Jensen's arc into Denton's, but it's full of woke subversion that casts a pall over the series.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Human Revolution and Mankind Divided were barely even Deus Ex games.
Even the teal corridors of Invisible War were closer to the original than Human Revolution or Mankind Divided.
I have to disagre regarding to MD
The sections of the game you could explore and solve quests in Prague was IMO the closest the series got to spirit the DX1 - and were genuinely pretty good
With Prague they almost seemed like they were trying to execute Warren Spector's dream rpg of the "One City Block Simulation"

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
I have to disagre regarding to MD
The sections of the game you could explore and solve quests in Prague was IMO the closest the series got to spirit the DX1 - and were genuinely pretty good
With Prague they almost seemed like they were trying to execute Warren Spector's dream rpg of the "One City Block Simulation"
No, Invisible War had a closer color scheme to DX1, so you're wrong!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom