Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo IV

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
dafug is with 100gb demo versions? developers should be beaten and humiliated. same shit in bg3.
Depending on the level of compression, the cut-scenes and the voiced dialogue can get very big very fast.

and I'd set it to Fullscreen (because my screen saver kept kicking in... OLED, you know)
For situations like that I drag a jewtube video or a small game over the queued up one, so most of it is obscured, but you could still tell from the background changing that you got in. You'll still have the static elements showing probably, but D4 is a dark game. IMO if you gonna go the OLED life, you gotta be prepared to pay the OLED price every couple of years, Mr. MoneyBags.

ELEXmakesMeHard

Learned
This has single player queues?! I remember experiencing queues in WoW, but in a single player game? And people are OK with that?
Not a single player game though. It's an MMO, you play with other people whether you group or not (except when soloing in dungeons).

Is there no singleplayer mode?
No, there'll always be other players in the open world (which you enter after the prologue). Very few though, to be fair. If you're in a hub you'll see a few people. Out in the wild, not so often.

I haven't been bothered by it so far. I disabled chat boxes (and chat in general). And so far there's no ridiculous cosmetics (only a matter of time though).

Old Hans

Arcane
This has single player queues?! I remember experiencing queues in WoW, but in a single player game? And people are OK with that?
Not a single player game though. It's an MMO, you play with other people whether you group or not (except when soloing in dungeons).

not in the normal sense. It's one of those "shared worlds" like Destiny. so you're stuck playing online constantly at the mercy of server overloads and being harassed by Malaysian gold farmers

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Fair warning: Even if you get past the queue, you might still be sent into a weird invisible second queue where you just stare at your selected character for a while.
If you've made a druid, you get to look at the average hairy british pub roaming male without a shirt on for a good 10+ minutes.
Got me at Kyvashad, the first town. Couldn't enter the town, zone transition wouldn't start. Log out to main menu results in another queue.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Don't worry, there'll be no queues at release, because no one buys those shitty Blizzard games ...

:negative:
I found another small low budget indie company bug
rip.jpg

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer

No, there'll always be other players in the open world (which you enter after the prologue). Very few though, to be fair. If you're in a hub you'll see a few people. Out in the wild, not so often.

I haven't been bothered by it so far. I disabled chat boxes (and chat in general). And so far there's no ridiculous cosmetics (only a matter of time though).

:what:

:betrayed:

This game is going to be monetized to hell and back.

Even indies have soloplay modes.

Hubs only exist to advertise paid cosmetics.

This is such ridiculous decline from Blizzard. I was on the fence about this game, but fuck whoever removed singleplayer.

I've been surprised by that not bothering me either, I figured it'd be a nightmare both in the general sense and because my internet's shit and likes to cut out, but the extent of it is just people running around in town and then during one of the random little events some other nerd showed up and clicked demons. Not feeling overly impressed by the game at large (Which is odd considering I love D 1-2-3 and even largely prefer 3 to 2) but the MMO shit isn't the issue.

ArchAngel

Arcane

This is such ridiculous decline from Blizzard. I was on the fence about this game, but fuck whoever removed singleplayer.
I guess you also never played D3 so I guess you do not know that singleplayers didn't exist since D3. Better to say, you have to be always online to play D3.

JDR13

Arcane
I guess you also never played D3 so I guess you do not know that singleplayers didn't exist since D3. Better to say, you have to be always online to play D3.
A persistent connection and no single-player are not the same thing. Diablo 3 had true single-player, and Diablo 4 apparently does not.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
A persistent connection and no single-player are not the same thing. Diablo 3 had true single-player, and Diablo 4 apparently does not.

Yeah, I didn't interact with another living soul in D3 besides couch co-op sessions.

Which makes this whole marketing narrative of "hey guys, we learned from D3 and we're not going to be money-grubbing assholes again" fall really flat.

Think console peasants got the ability to play offline in d3.

Tyrr

Liturgist
Having to wait in a queue so random strangers can pollute your 'solo' gaming experience.
Fuck this shit.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Having to wait in a queue so random strangers can pollute your 'solo' gaming experience.
Fuck this shit.
And then the parts where the game lags and crashes are EXACTLY those forced multiplayer areas.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom