Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition

Black

Arcane
The other annoying thing is shops don't restock over time, just as you level up.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Shops restocking only on level up is idiocy which kills suspension of disbelief.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Shops restocking only on level up is idiocy which kills suspension of disbelief."

Are you kidding me? You are playing a game with talking snowmen guardian, a game where you can block enemies off with boxes using your mind, and you can create lava out of nothing amongst other things but THAt ruins your suspension of disbelief?

OMG Codex and Internet. Never change. The laughs keep coming.

Anyways, on a positive note, I do love the little secrets you can find every now and again. Good stuff.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
The other annoying thing is how there are only 13 rogue/ranger skills compared with man-at-arms and spells.
On the other side, Man-at-arms skills are the only skills based on strength. A dex-based charachter can easily take all the non-weapon specific skills from both marksman and scoundrel, a man-at-arms may need some points in other stats to use anything outside man-at-arms skills.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Having a hell of a time understanding how "invisibility" spell works. Trying to avoid the invulnerable death knights in the mine and my only interpretation so far is that it doesn't work.

:x

Volourn

Pretty Princess
It works. But, if you do any action (even non hostile) it seems to go bye be. This emans even if you recast it before duration runs out. L0L

Sodafish

Arcane
No it's only attacking/casting and initiating dialogue which breaks it. It should get you past them no problem.

Darkion

Augur
The other annoying thing is shops don't restock over time, just as you level up.

So,you're saying that shops are too realistic? Like when you go to a shop in real life and you don't have enough money to buy something then when you have enough money they are out of the item and when they finally restock it they have it in all size and colors except the one you want? :P

But, yeah it can be quite annoying. In one of my games I could never find an Oath of Desecration book anywhere while in another one it seems to be the only thing that the vendor sells. Madness.

I wonder if there is a way to mod an interdimensional vault into the game so that you can swap things with your other characters... *he said innocently* ;)

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"No it's only attacking/casting and initiating dialogue which breaks it."

Nope. Recasting the spell will break it. In combat, I was invisisble, and walked through an AOO area and got attacked. LMAO

\But, passingt eh knights were easy,

Sodafish

Arcane
"No it's only attacking/casting and initiating dialogue which breaks it."

Nope. Recasting the spell will break it. In combat, I was invisisble, and walked through an AOO area and got attacked. LMAO

\But, passingt eh knights were easy,

:nocountryforshitposters:

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
First, it's dumb to start a rogue without hide in shadows, second on each level up inventories of vendors restock, including skill books or, say, legendary items. And yes, you need to reload until you get what you want. Not a fan of that system, but it was exactly so in Divine Divinity, it was so in Div2 and it is so now, so don't act surprised, ohmergawd it's random

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
First, it's dumb to start a rogue without hide in shadows, second on each level up inventories of vendors restock, including skill books or, say, legendary items. And yes, you need to reload until you get what you want. Not a fan of that system, but it was exactly so in Divine Divinity, it was so in Div2 and it is so now, so don't act surprised, ohmergawd it's random
It is dumb, if you know all the skills and playstyle beforehand. This time i did not read enough about the system and jumped coop, so restarting is not an option.
Second, certain skills never appear - like Walk in Shadows. No matter how often you reload. Atleast not in Cyseal..

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
It's not surprising, rather disappointing Larian can't improve their itemization mechanics.

Black

Arcane
Yup, you'll only find Eye Gouge in the Black Cove in the beginning.

set

Arcane
Walk in the Shadows was sold by the "witch" vendor in the 2nd floor of the Inn of my newest save game.

Septaryeth

Augur
I finished the game before the huge balancing patches kicked in, and used the fate unlocked code.
So no more multiple books from teller of secrets, the void dragon actually summons challenging mobs.
Anything else in specific I need to looked out for?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom