Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition

himmy

Arcane
Are you kidding me? You are playing a game with talking snowmen guardian, a game where you can block enemies off with boxes using your mind, and you can create lava out of nothing amongst other things but THAt ruins your suspension of disbelief?

I don't think you understand what suspension of disbelief means.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
J_C said:
if you are not interested in the industry veterans like MCA, Josh Mendel, John Romero, Roberta Williems etc.

Interesting person being interviewed ≠ interesting interview. The very fact that Matt makes pretty boring interviews considering the cool people he gets to talk to is exactly what I'm criticizing.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
It's not surprising, rather disappointing Larian can't improve their itemization mechanics.

Larian is a small time developer and hence they can't afford to improve the whole aspects of gameplay lah.

I feel like Luculla Forest has more shit going on than Cyseal, even, but I'm almost level 16 and haven't done the troll cave/sacred stone/I'm sure something else yet. How much content is left?

Unwanted
Douchebag! Shitposter
How does this game fare on older systems?

My laptop has an old Nvidia 320M with 256mb. Did run Diablo 3 highest setting just fine.

RK47

Patron
Why won't they fix the font size... is it too expensive? Does it require a new kickstarter?

learn2font.png

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
Guys I have a technical question.

All of the graphics seem really bright/washed out. I've adjusted gamma but it doesn't seem to have helped. Does anyone have any advice, aside from me tweaking my monitor settings? I don't want to do that because I'm only having the problem with this game, and no others.
Turn off bloom.

Yeah, I tried that before seeing your post. It helped. Thanks!

ETA: Still over saturated, though, imv.

RK47

Patron
Dual Guerilla Marksman progress:
I've considered taking Elemental Ranger perk that requires E. Marksman Lv 5.
After thinking it through. I don't think it's worth it.
You can't turn it off, and some things are just immune or healed by specific elemental damage - so it adds very little unless you're facing neutral grunts - but they're trash mobs and can be dispatched handily with basic summon and sneak attacks.
After much consideration I think I'll just go for: Lone Wolf - Guerilla - Glass Cannon - Quickdraw - Bully
A single point on Geomancy adds 2 good spells at Lv1 : Midnight Oil (Slows, triggers Bully 50% dmg boost )and a handy Spider pet that is poison immune and serves as distraction.

I really enjoyed the story now that I can read wtf is going on.
storyofDOS.jpg

More suggested change:
skillbooks.png

Last edited:

Tzaero

DEPARTED
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
As you can see the modders of DivOS are dedicating their time to modding in things that the game really needs.

Topless Hunters
+ Topless Girls
+ Topless Adventuring
+ Top Compatible
+ Top Panties

+ Hard to top...

Summer is hot, but our topless Source Hunters are even hotter!
Now without their useless tops they find it easier to get their way using all their charms...

Sexy Armor Redesigns
+ Sexy & Skimpy Armor Designs
+ Looking hot, yet be fully protected
+ Guaranteed to turn heads
+ Compatible with other mods
+ Slightly Improved Performance

3-1-1405214064.jpg

Last edited:

imweasel

Divinity is a great and addictive game with a very pretty but clumsy UI. The randomized and level scaled item system ain't so hot either.

Shadenuat

Arcane
I am a huge fan of pretty inventories with icons but you either do it right or don't do it. In D:OS I'd rather exchange all pretty icons for a good list inventory. At least I would know then that atm I have 16 sticks, 5 sinews and 2 strong sinews. Lists can also work well with a unified inventory, I think. They'd have to change crafting however... well, point is, D:OS inventory could use optimization.

Perkel

Arcane
Fuck list menu inventories. Tetris Grid for life.

What they only need to do is make containers nameable and that for example if container will be named ingredients all picked up ingredients would go into it.

There is no list menu inventory in whole gaming that was good.

imweasel

I am a huge fan of pretty inventories with icons but you either do it right or don't do it. In D:OS I'd rather exchange all pretty icons for a good list inventory.
If the game had a list-based inventory then it would probably be unplayable without going mad. The UI is clumsy, but i'm sure it will be fixed and improved over the next few patches.

Fuck list menu inventories. Tetris Grid for life.
D:OS doesn't have a Tetris (grid-based) inventory, it has a slot-based inventory.

But yeah, fuck list inventories.

catfood

AGAIN
Does anyone have this issue where some items only appear in the non-sorted inventory? For instance mortar and pestle which would make sense appear in the crafting tab, doesn't.

Shadenuat

Arcane
I find lists with sorting by item types better than just plain slots. At least crafting ingredients could use a custom bag with different sort of management.

Really, WoW slots is probably my least favorite inventory of them all. It wasn't as terrible in IE games when you got bag of holding and because in those games loot was a lot more manageable. But with Diablo loot slot inventory turns into a mess quick.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom