Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition

Rake

Arcane
This thread would be so much better if you fags would stop replying to retards like Volourn.
Volly does make valid points among all the retardation, thats why we are compelled to argue with him.
He does? He ignores the fact that games like his favorite DA2 or even DA:O and MEs, AAA games, didn't sell "millions" on PC alone. I would be surpriced if any of the recent Bioware games reached 2 M$ PC sales in their lifetime.

Tigranes

Arcane
I'm wondering about a similar Sneaking Marksman combo, but then offload the scoundrel skills to the other character, who would go Dagger/Shield and use scoundrel skills, and then switch weapons to standard 1hand/Shield and use Man-at-Arms skills. Sneaking Marksman & Sneaking Fighter. Not sure how well the latter would work with the weapon switch AP though, both of them would need to be pretty quick (or Lone Wolves).

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
I'm wondering about a similar Sneaking Marksman combo, but then offload the scoundrel skills to the other character, who would go Dagger/Shield and use scoundrel skills, and then switch weapons to standard 1hand/Shield and use Man-at-Arms skills. Sneaking Marksman & Sneaking Fighter. Not sure how well the latter would work with the weapon switch AP though, both of them would need to be pretty quick (or Lone Wolves).

The reason why Sneak Fighter is not worth it is due to the difficulty of re-entering sneak at close range.
Scoundrel's Lv 1 Skill Set is excellent.
Here's a basic setup on why a pair of scoundrel marksman cannot lose any early encounter:
1. Begin Combat with a Sneak Attack from 15 m. In Real Time.
2. Focus away till the enemy is less than 10 metre.
3. Hide in Shadow.
4. Reserve AP to max. You have 5 turns while the AI goes derp.
5. Unload.
6. If someone is still standing. Go back to 1. Or Tactical Retreat + Charm to divide and conquer.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
My backstabber sneaks anywhere. Just need sneak high enough. Currently she has sneak 3 plus 5 points from equipment (shadow essences)

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
RAAAARRGH I R TEH LICH QUEEN OF THE PHANTOM FOREST, TREMBLE MORTALS

point blank arrow spray

backstab daggers drawn

+10k xp

:hmmm:

Internet

Scholar
I work in a publicly traded company and our finance VP cares quite a bit about 5 digit sales, let alone six digits. Maybe it's different in this industry, I don't know.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Can anyone tell me where can I check that how many points I have in Charm-reason-intimidate?

Also, the rock paper scissors minigame is even worse than the crafting. Who thought that this will be a good idea?

RK47

Patron
Can anyone tell me where can I check that how many points I have in Charm-reason-intimidate?

Also, the rock paper scissors minigame is even worse than the crafting. Who thought that this will be a good idea?

During Argument. Switch character by pressing F1/F2
You will always win the argument.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Publisher doesn't take 50% of your profits, publisher already owns all the profits. It's their profit. If you're lucky you get some royalties / bonuses. Most of the time, you were broke when you started, and you're broke when you're done. You just paid for game X by selling game X.

As for Larian, we know for a fact that they're already making a profit. They're already ahead of where they were with every other game they've made.
Those aren't the deals Larian had, considering they've always kept ownership of the Divinity brand, and made enough money to partially-fund Div2 and this thing and fully-fund Dragon Commander.

I work in a publicly traded company and our finance VP cares quite a bit about 5 digit sales, let alone six digits. Maybe it's different in this industry, I don't know.
Yeah, it's nothing for video games. They all know the BGs eventually sold about 2.5 million each, but they didn't sell fast enough. Once a seven-digit-budget RPG sells Dragon Age/Mass Effect/Deus Ex: Human Revolution/Fallout 3 numbers in a comparable amount of time, then they'll look into it.

Gord

Arcane

Maybe by hovering over the portraits? It seems the ultimate score in an argument is decided by the charisma of your char, that of the "enemy" and the situation.
If you don't like RPS, pressing <space> should just make a roll (there's still some random chance involved).
Also, the co-op party-RPS can be switched off from the menu, it seems (haven't used that option, however, so someone correct me when I'm wrong).

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
DIS FINAL BOSS IS MAKING ME RAEG :rage:

This is what WW1 must have felt like.

My dudes essentially get no damage.

But neither does the dragon.

Also endless respawns.

Am I missing something here?

Caster/rogue + ranger stay behind and try to stop the shadow minions from azzraping Astarte, while Fedora is up front brawling with the dragon, shielded 24/7 so she doesn't get any damage.

But she also has 68% thc with bless + precision stance, so she barely gets to hit anyway. WHICH IS MADE EVEN LESS because the motherfucker keeps her in a permastun cuz of all the elemental breaths.

And obviously the fkn dragon has 12k hp and fuckhueg armour, which makes Fedora hit him for like 70 damage when her max damage is 600 something. Also full immunity to all status effects because it doesn't even seem to have the willpower/bodybuilding stats. Just 'saves' vs everything.

STALEMATE, ATHEISTS

Sodafish

Arcane
DIS FINAL BOSS IS MAKING ME RAEG :rage:

This is what WW1 must have felt like.

My dudes essentially get no damage.

But neither does the dragon.

Also endless respawns.

Am I missing something here?

Caster/rogue + ranger stay behind and try to stop the shadow minions from azzraping Astarte, while Fedora is up front brawling with the dragon, shielded 24/7 so she doesn't get any damage.

But she also has 68% thc with bless + precision stance, so she barely gets to hit anyway. WHICH IS MADE EVEN LESS because the motherfucker keeps her in a permastun cuz of all the elemental breaths.

And obviously the fkn dragon has 12k hp and fuckhueg armour, which makes Fedora hit him for like 70 damage when her max damage is 600 something. Also full immunity to all status effects because it doesn't even seem to have the willpower/bodybuilding stats.

STALEMATE, ATHEISTS

Use silver arrows to lower its armour, lower resistance then stun/blind/knockdown etc to get your THC up to 100%. If your people have the Bully talent slow/cripple is useful too to increase damage. Use voodoo dolls if you have them. Nothing fancy really; I think I killed it in 2 or 3 turns.

Last edited:

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
OK, enough is enough.

I demand some tabs to be patched in the waypoint list because I refuse to scroll through that any more. (Also properly naming all waypoints on the map would be great, thank you very much)

RK47

Patron
haha.png

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
Use silver arrows to lower its armour, lower resistance then stun/blind/knockdown etc to get your THC up to 100%. If your people have the Bully talent slow/curse is useful too to increase damage. Use voodoo dolls if you have them. Nothing fancy really; I think I killed it in 2 or 3 turns.

Gonna try it again then. But I'm sure I tried using Lower Willpower as well as silver arrows against it, but it only just keeps saying 'SAVED LUL', so I assumed he's got a hard-wired bullshit immunity or somesuch :/

Sodafish

Arcane
Use silver arrows to lower its armour, lower resistance then stun/blind/knockdown etc to get your THC up to 100%. If your people have the Bully talent slow/cripple is useful too to increase damage. Use voodoo dolls if you have them. Nothing fancy really; I think I killed it in 2 or 3 turns.

Gonna try it again then. But I'm sure I tried using Lower Willpower as well as silver arrows against it, but it only just keeps saying 'SAVED LUL', so I assumed he's got a hard-wired bullshit immunity or somesuch :/

maybe I was lucky getting a lower resistance in, dunno. Silver arrows cannot be saved against. Soulsap might work too, and deathpunch is godly when combined with OOD and Bully talent

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Darth Roxor
Also just did the end fight, didn't have problems.
Use a summon to keep the dragon flanked. Cast a heal spell on Astarte if necessary. Astarte also does a mass bless every now and then. Keep the enemy summons occupied, I used an undead decapitator for that. Still missed with my rogue and fighter here and there, so I casted bless where appropriate. Dragon can be stunned by the way, sap willpower first, curse, slow. etc This finger of death spell also does good damage, especially with oath, and when the resistances of the dragon are lowered.

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Use silver arrows to lower its armour, lower resistance then stun/blind/knockdown etc to get your THC up to 100%. If your people have the Bully talent slow/curse is useful too to increase damage. Use voodoo dolls if you have them. Nothing fancy really; I think I killed it in 2 or 3 turns.

I used summons (2 of them) to take care of 3/4 of the minions and just had them sit on either side of Astarte in downtime. Charm on 1 minion (the spider usually) and then just damage as much as possible with all 4 characters on dragon. The dragon would stay facing the closest party member to him, so keep the others on the opposite side or they'll get breathed (if resistances aren't maxed anyway, which they may well be if you used rubies)

Black

Arcane
This is fun./spoiler]

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom