Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming October 31st

skaraher

Prophet
Tali picture caused quite an uproar among degenerated Biodrones back in the days. Even the most brain-addled Talimancer could see he was being swindled and they were not pleased.

Mortmal

Arcane
Now let see how veilguard fares today:
4KlhB2m.png

Nope.. no veilguard still but where is it?

aXUCdLz.png

Nope still not...

eMlbHcW.png

Nope.. Oh there it is right after euro truck simulator 2 a 2012 game:

Xa0WBqU.png

One of my friends, a Codexer, wants this game. Let's play a little game—can you guess who he is?

Lodis

Educated
Nice to see KCD 2 near the top. Guess people want to play an actual RPG instead of Tumblr incarnate.

Also lmao at Veilguard below Euro Truck Simulator 2. The absolute fucking state of Bioware.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
How's Diablo IV still so high?
The 40% off and an expansion coming soon would be my guess.
But this is a list of SALES, so its new people buying it. Who is interested in a Diablo IV expansion, that hasn't already bought Diablo IV?
Its one of those games and genres where the kind of people who'd play it would have already played it. Not really a genre you randomly wonder into to see what's up, just because its on sale. Or maybe I'm out of touch and the Diablo brand is that strong...

-M-

Learned
But this is a list of SALES, so its new people buying it. Who is interested in a Diablo IV expansion, that hasn't already bought Diablo IV?
Its one of those games and genres where the kind of people who'd play it would have already played it. Not really a genre you randomly wonder into to see what's up, just because its on sale. Or maybe I'm out of touch and the Diablo brand is that strong...
Well they just had a free trial, dropped the base price by $20, and this sale on top of that makes it the lowest price yet. These people aren't necessarily going to buy the expansion day one, but rather get swayed by the expansion hype and see the base game is the cheapest it's ever been.

The brand is very healthy (unfortunately). Both Diablo III and IV became the fastest selling Blizzard games. So there's enough momentum going for it to get people to pull the trigger when they think they see a good deal.

Semiurge

Cipher
I just hate that elves are now just humans that have pointy ears.

It is funny that BioWare is using the Frostbite engine to render their fantasy races to just look like normal people in cheap FX make-up. The Qunaris and Elves in this game look like they’re from some low budget hipster movie where they just grabbed some regular looking people and put some fake ears or a pair of horns on them.

In DA:O and especially in DA2 the elves had such a distinct elfin headshape that it was impossible to mistake them for humans, even if they had been the same height. Origins elves didn't look as weird but they were more petite than humans, even male elves. I suppose around DA:I they started to look like humans with pointy ears, maybe even down to the height.

where they just grabbed some regular looking people and put some fake ears or a pair of horns on them
This is also accurate for elf and Qunari in Dragon Age Origins.
rbjdnzl.png

This image speaks more about the level of Bioware effort that any words could. If I was supervising creative things there and someone suggested that they grab a random royalty-free photo off the internet and give it a few minute photoshop job, I would've fired the person immediately.

Showing what the quarians look like via this fanservice was obviously a hurried afterthought, and someone decided it was good enough.

Good enough.

Semiurge

Cipher
Nice to see KCD 2 near the top. Guess people want to play an actual RPG instead of Tumblr incarnate.

Also lmao at Veilguard below Euro Truck Simulator 2. The absolute fucking state of Bioware.

Veilguard would be nearing the top if it had any of the following: conventionally hot party members, complex and engaging RPG mechanics, and a mature, dark setting akin to the one and only - Origins.

It's probably rated M, but no self-respecting teen or adult wants a game that claims to be all that the rating entails while looking like a kids' Pixar animation from hell.

This entire franchise is cursed, doomed to spread faggotry and cancer

Great. More infantile mobile aesthetics and cringy stories. Who the fuck wants these, gook women?

Last edited:

Zeriel

Arcane
That guy with the saints row wings looks so out of place. Did their art director become blind or something?

The whole art style is weird. It's like... I don't know... a mobile game dev studio made a Dragon Age spinoff, but it's actually Bioware doing it? I don't understand who could think this was a good idea. It looks weirdly "cheap". DA art style has been all over the place in every title, but this one takes the cake for feeling generic.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom