Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming October 31st

Vyvian

Educated
How's Diablo IV still so high?
The 40% off and an expansion coming soon would be my guess.
This is the truth. They sold it on a huge sale that ended right before the expansion announcement.
Actually a masterful move of shitheadedness by Activision-Blizzard to draw a ton of newbies in then announce an expansion right as the honeymoon phase is at its peak.

Zeriel

Arcane
How's Diablo IV still so high?
The 40% off and an expansion coming soon would be my guess.
This is the truth. They sold it on a huge sale that ended right before the expansion announcement.
Actually a masterful move of shitheadedness by Activision-Blizzard to draw a ton of newbies in then announce an expansion right as the honeymoon phase is at its peak.

Eh, Steam is also just a machine for generating impressions from non-hardcore players. Lots of people who do not follow marketing campaigns aggressively or spend all their time reading up on/playing games, the kind of person who has a library of 1,000 games, has 900 in the backlog, and plays an hour here or there after work and in between family demands. Basically the target audience of nu Blizzard anyway with their casual focus. They probably messed up by not releasing on Steam initially but I suppose it also plays in their favor in the sense that the Steam hivemind didn't turn against it en masse because of the initial release state.

Mortmal

Arcane
Nice to see KCD 2 near the top. Guess people want to play an actual RPG instead of Tumblr incarnate.

Also lmao at Veilguard below Euro Truck Simulator 2. The absolute fucking state of Bioware.

Veilguard would be nearing the top if it had any of the following: conventionally hot party members, complex and engaging RPG mechanics, and a mature, dark setting akin to the one and only - Origins.

It's probably rated M, but no self-respecting teen or adult wants a game that claims to be one thing while looking like a kids' Pixar animation from hell.

This entire franchise is cursed, doomed to spread faggotry and cancer

Great. More infantile mobile aesthetics and cringy stories. Who the fuck wants these, gook women?

Not really, you need more sophisticated games with better plots and stories to attract a female audience, and turn-based gameplay is also preferable.

GentlemanCthulhu

Liturgist
That guy with the saints row wings looks so out of place. Did their art director become blind or something?

The whole art style is weird. It's like... I don't know... a mobile game dev studio made a Dragon Age spinoff, but it's actually Bioware doing it? I don't understand who could think this was a good idea. It looks weirdly "cheap". DA art style has been all over the place in every title, but this one takes the cake for feeling generic.
I think it's a vestige of this game being originally planned as some sort of live service game, likely trying to somewhat look like Fortnite.

jaekl

CHUD LIFE
Patron
Nice to see KCD 2 near the top. Guess people want to play an actual RPG instead of Tumblr incarnate.

Also lmao at Veilguard below Euro Truck Simulator 2. The absolute fucking state of Bioware.

Veilguard would be nearing the top if it had any of the following: conventionally hot party members, complex and engaging RPG mechanics, and a mature, dark setting akin to the one and only - Origins.

It's probably rated M, but no self-respecting teen or adult wants a game that claims to be one thing while looking like a kids' Pixar animation from hell.

Great. More infantile mobile aesthetics and cringy stories. Who the fuck wants these, gook women?

Not really, you need more sophisticated games with better plots and stories to attract a female audience, and turn-based gameplay is also preferable.

Chicks do not require anything like good plots or sophistication in their entertainment you lunatic, they require emotional rollercoasters and hunky guys. With those two elements in place, you can have the most retarded nonsense plot on earth and they will get mad and argue with you if you point out how lame and gay it is.

Lodis

Educated
Women just want hot virtual husbandos. Bg3 proved this and even most Dragon Age discourse these days are women salivating over Alistair and Cullen the same way I do over Morrigan.

Only difference is that the modern gaming industry doesn’t try to shame them for it the way they sperg out about men wanting some virtual tits and ass.

La vie sexuelle

Learned

I don't think anyone will notice when this game comes out. It looks very generic, and not everyone wants to read the game's description or watch the trailer in the era of crop failure on Steam.

Even Veilguard, if it weren't for the Dragon Age brand, would have had trouble attracting attention. The success of Wukong clearly shows that players may want colorful games, but less infantile ones with nice asses.

Mortmal

Arcane

Chicks do not require anything like good plots or sophistication in their entertainment you lunatic, they require emotional rollercoasters and hunky guys. With those two elements in place, you can have the most retarded nonsense plot on earth and they will get mad and argue with you if you point out how lame and gay it is.

I understand your frustration and anger, but someday you might have a daughter and educate her, show her some RPGs, and discover that she likes true RPGs too when given the opportunity. You could also meet women in RPG tabletop groups—it's not common, but it does happen—and those groups are all about builds and game mechanics. The problem is that most players behave like douchebags when playing with women.That pushes good players out of the hobby, and I constantly receive praise when DMing, which should tell you how poorly the average guy treats them.

jaekl

CHUD LIFE
Patron

I understand your frustration and anger, but someday you might have a daughter and educate her, show her some RPGs, and discover that she likes true RPGs too when given the opportunity. You could also meet women in RPG tabletop groups—it's not common, but it does happen—and those groups are all about builds and game mechanics. The problem is that most players behave like douchebags when playing with women.That pushes good players out of the hobby, and I constantly receive praise when DMing, which should tell you how poorly the average guy treats them.

I don't hang out with autistic chicks, I prefer the ones who make me watch Gray's anatomy with them

Mortmal

Arcane
I don't hang out with autistic chicks, I prefer the ones who make me watch Gray's anatomy with them
kVMix1l.jpeg

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Not even in Top 20 for Steam is just sad. Doubt people are lining up in EA Store too. I guess this is the death throes of Bioware, whatever market they had was captured by BG3 already, older fans probably stopped caring after DA2/ME2, and it has only released massive flops after DA:I (which supposed to sell OK but I guess underperformed EA expectations). This game has barely any promotional done before being released in October. The marketing period was only 3 months? Certainly not what you expect out of AAA RPG.

This is the death of Bioware. Heck looking at this statistic the team working on this is probably already "Looking for Work" in Linked In

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Not even in Top 20 for Steam is just sad. Doubt people are lining up in EA Store too. I guess this is the death throes of Bioware, whatever market they had was captured by BG3 already, older fans probably stopped caring after DA2/ME2, and it has only released massive flops after DA:I (which supposed to sell OK but I guess underperformed EA expectations). This game has barely any promotional done before being released in October. The marketing period was only 3 months? Certainly not what you expect out of AAA RPG.

This is the death of Bioware. Heck looking at this statistic the team working on this is probably already "Looking for Work" in Linked In
You mean there's finally something from Bioware I can be excited about!

Mortmal

Arcane
It's not getting any better for Veilguard, sitting at the 105th position on Steam sales and at 43rd on the wishlist, while Euro Truck Simulator is still at 66th.

Lemming42

Arcane
I've noticed that Dragon Age fans absolutely hate Dragon Age, so it's no surprise. The average Codexer's disdain for the series is a mere fraction of the hate that an actual Dragon Age fan has toward the entire series.

Lodis

Educated
"High level" warrior gameplay. Also some spoilers in this video not that anybody cares about the lore of the setting anymore but it looks like Archdemons are now simply pets of the elven gods, as if the elf wank in this setting couldn't get any more obnoxious.

processdaemon

Scholar
Patron
"High level" warrior gameplay. Also some spoilers in this video not that anybody cares about the lore of the setting anymore but it looks like Archdemons are now simply pets of the elven gods, as if the elf wank in this setting couldn't get any more obnoxious.

1724518634852.png

It's nice that they highlight the buttons you have to press to win in green like that, imagine how stressful it would be if you had to work out what abilities to use yourself based on your knowledge of the gameplay mechanics

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom