Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon's Dogma II - "They’re masterworks, all – you can’t go wrong"

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Not watching spoiler videos, but can't wait to play this.

Hate how all the useless media is spoiling all the game one month in advance. Be strong and arrive fresh for launch!

Anonona

Learned
Hate how all the useless media is spoiling all the game one month in advance. Be strong and arrive fresh for launch!
I commend your attitude to refuse spoiling yourself. Ironically though, they are being extremely reserved when it comes to sharing information of DD2. For example, all this Vocation overview trailers are just reusing footage of multiple old trailers, including some of the first one they showed. They have shown very few monsters or skills, and just very superficial looks to certain new mechanics, without really going in depth about what they entail.

Itsuno had said in an interview they want to let players discover things for themselves, and I'm inclinced to thing this is the reason for the secrecy. Though I won't discard that they may be hiding a lack of content, which I doubt to be honest, but cannot refute with certainty.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I commend your attitude to refuse spoiling yourself. Ironically though, they are being extremely reserved when it comes to sharing information of DD2. For example, all this Vocation overview trailers are just reusing footage of multiple old trailers, including some of the first one they showed. They have shown very few monsters or skills, and just very superficial looks to certain new mechanics, without really going in depth about what they entail.

Itsuno had said in an interview they want to let players discover things for themselves, and I'm inclinced to thing this is the reason for the secrecy. Though I won't discard that they may be hiding a lack of content, which I doubt to be honest, but cannot refute with certainty.

Time will tell, but the magic of the first one really was about going in and discovering things. If you did it with a guide beside you, it'd be a significantly worse experience.

The only things I could see people wanting to use a guide on (in DD1) that wouldn't necessarily degrade the experience are the things about how people figure pawn inclination works - which could still be a bit of a black box, listings of class augments for "build planning", or anything about the timing for quest lock outs. Even those are better left for playthroughs after the first. It's not really a min maxing sort of game and if you play it that way it gets a bit boring due to lack of challenge when you start steamrolling everything with your super optimized character when you're encouraged to try different things. It's far more fun to discover things through adventure.

It's actually that spirit of adventure that I felt that Dragon's Dogma captured so well and what made it this rough gem of a classic. And it's that that I hope has been retained in the sequel, since that's what tied the experience together and makes it better than the sum of its parts.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Daily DD2 thread bump

1708772851895199.jpg

Cheesedragon117

Educated

The metal, orange slice-shaped "bow" looks unbelievably cool. The effects look unbelievably cool. And the fact that there are both homing attacks and controlled-flight magic arrows make this the class I'm going to try first.

I heard (possibly in this thread) in DD1, Magick Archers had a spell that turns a pawn into an ICBM? Is this true?

Yeah, it looks like a Skill that resurrects a Pawn, and also pushes back surrounding enemies. Maybe it does more than just push back on smaller enemies.

It’s possible it could be a new better version of Magickal Flare.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom