Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dying Light 2 Stay Human - zombie survival with choice & consequence

Ryzer

Prophet
Vatnik

Shills, shills never change.

Last edited:

Karwelas

Dwarf Taffer
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut I helped put crap in Monomyth
Do not fucking play this game. Do not even pirate it. Do not waste your precious time on this bullshit excuse of a sequel.

My rant is below, starting with a story bullshit, ending on all fucking AIDS tier changes to poor Dying Light 1 mechanics.

YOUR CHOICES DO NOT MATTER.

YOU LITERALLY HAVE PARAMILITARY ORGANIZATION AND "FREE PEOPLE" CHOICE
FREE PEOPLE LITERALLY FUCKING TRY TO HANG YOU FOR SAVING YOUR FRIEND, THEN STEAL FROM YOU AND TRY TO KILL YOU IF YOU WORK WITH ANOTHER FACTION
THEY ALSO "SAVE THE CITY" IN THEIR ENDING
THE PARAMILITARY BROS HAVE LITERALLY ONE RETARDED OFFICER AND ONE ASSHOLE COMMANDER, THEIR PEOPLE FUCKING ARREST YOU FOR SNEAKING INTO THEIR BASE TO STEAL INFOMRATION, INTERROGATE YOU AND AFTER THREE FUCKING MINUTES OF A TALK, THEY FREE YOU AND OFFER YOU TO WORK WITH THEM, FUCKING PEOPLE SACRIFICE TO SAVE YOU IN THEIR PLOTLINE BUT IF YOU PICK THEM, IN THEIR "GOOD ENDING", YOU GET PEOPLE HANGING ENTIRE FAMILIES FOR WATER THIEF... AND THAT IS AFTER YOU GET RID OF ASSHOLE, PLACING ACTUALLY THINKING PEOPLE ON COMMAND
YOU CHOICES MATTER BRUH MY ASS.

ENDING IS LITERALLY A FUCKING TEXT SLIDES, NOT EVEN FALLOUT NEW VEGAS TIER, JUST NOT VOICED SLIDES AND ONE OF THREE CUTSCENES, EACH 1 MINUTE OR MINUTE AND A HALF LONG

FINAL BOSS FIGHT IS LITERALLY MIX OF SHITTEST WAYS OF NARUTO, DRAGON BALL AND METAL GEAR REVENGANCE MIXED WITH DEVS OWN FECES AND PINEAPPLE. WHY PINEAPPLE? I DON'T KNOW, MAYBE THEY LIKE THEIR OWN SHIT.

THERE IS YOUR SISTER CHARACTER "MIA" WHOS FATHER WAS "EXPERIMENTING ON YOU" EXCEPT NO, HE WAS NOT, HE WAS YOUR FATHER FIGURE AND HE WAS EXPERIMENTING ON HER AFTER HE FUCKING INJECTED HER THE VIRUS BUT YOU FORGOT ALL OF THAT BECAUSE YOU WERE TRAUMATISED OR SOMEBULLSHIT AND HE TELLS YOU TO REMIND YOURSELF. THEN YOU REMEMBER AND FUCKING COMBAT IT FOR A KEY THAT IS SUPPOSEDLY BOTH KEY TO SECRET CURE EXPERIMENT AND MISSLIE SYSTEM THAT IS SUPPOSED TO NUKE THE CITY.

AND THEN SHE FUCKING WAKES UP DOING HER FIRST ROLE IN GAME EXCEPT DAMN FUCKING BEING MACGUFFIN TO FOLLOW, TRIES TO GIVE YOU THE KEY, BUMPS INTO HER DYING FATHER AND THEY DESTROY IT BY THROWING IT INTO CHEMICALS.

AND YOUR CHOICE IS TO "SAVE" A FUCKING RANDOM "SISTER" YOU HAVE CONNECTION TO FOR 15 MINUTES AND RUN OUT AND NUKE YOUR COMPANION WHO WILL BLOW IT UP BECAUSE THEY CAN'T STOP THE MISSLES NOW (unless you saved ONE CHARACTER, ONE FUCKING CHOICE, THEN HE WILL SAVE HER) OR HAVE TO GO AFTER HER, BUT YOU SUDDENLY ACTIVATE ZOMBIE MODE AND GORRILA HER OUT AND CITY IS ROCKETED.

ALSO IF YOU SAVE THAT MIA BITCH, SHE IS HANDWAVED IN TWO SENTENCES BECAUSE SHE FUCKING DIES FEW HOURS LATER AS SHE HAD TO BE CONNECTED TO FUCKING OXYGEN MACHINE... WHICH YOU DIDN'T TAKE AND PERFECTLY FUCKING KNEW ABOUT AS YOU SAVED HER FROM SAME FATE LITERAL 5 MINUTES LATER. YOU LITERALLY CARRY HER TO THAT MACHINE WITH HER DYING-AFTER-BOSS-FIGHT FATHER MINUTE BEFORE THAT CHOICE.

AND ENDING IS LIKE "OH YEAH SHE WAS WEAK LOL, HE BURIED HER UNDER OAK AND NOW WENT TO BE PILGRIM AGAIN, BUT HE SAVED THE CITY, WHAT A HERO". WHO THE FUCK ARE PLIGRIMS IF THAT CITY IS SUPPOSED TO BE "LAST ONE ON EARTH". WHERE THEY PILGRIM TO? WHERE OTHER PEOPLE GET PACKAGES FROM? DID PC FUCK HER CORPSE BEFORE HE PUT HER INTO A HOLE IN THE GROUND? WHO KNOWS!

Let me NOT start ranting about such shitty changes to physics, adding shitty ass stamina system for climbing to waste points on, making grappling hook some shitty fucking joke instead of getting rid of it, changing the setting into some postapo bullshit, combat being a joke with two skills (stomping heads and double leg kick), bugs in combat, cutscenes literally 5 steps away from each other and so on.

Do not play this game. Do not waste your time. If I were in place of Avellone, I would be glad I got dumped out of this project. And forgive me, now I'm going to eat some burger to forget about that game before I start making plans to find these damn nerds who make that "story and choice" slogan and give them a swirlie. In a toilet filled with copies of their game, which in fact, is worse then swirlie in shit.

Not good night and surely not damn bloody good luck.

Last edited:

Child of Malkav

Erudite
Do not fucking play this game. Do not even pirate it. Do not waste your precious time on this bullshit excuse of a sequel.

My rant is below, starting with a story bullshit, ending on all fucking ADIS tier changes to poor Dying Light 1 mechanics.

YOUR CHOICES DO NOT MATTER.

YOU LITERALLY HAVE PARAMILITARY ORGANIZATION AND "FREE PEOPLE" CHOICE
FREE PEOPLE LITERALLY FUCKING TRY TO HANG YOU FOR SAVING YOUR FRIEND, THEN STEAL FROM YOU AND TRY TO KILL YOU IF YOU WORK WITH ANOTHER FACTION
THEY ALSO "SAVE THE CITY" IN THEIR ENDING
THE PARAMILITARY BROS HAVE LITERALLY ONE RETARDED OFFICER AND ONE ASSHOLE COMMANDER, THEIR PEOPLE FUCKING ARREST YOU FOR SNEAKING INTO THEIR BASE TO STEAL INFOMRATION, INTERROGATE YOU AND AFTER THREE FUCKING MINUTES OF A TALK, THEY FREE YOU AND OFFER YOU TO WORK WITH THEM, FUCKING PEOPLE SACRIFICE TO SAVE YOU IN THEIR PLOTLINE BUT IF YOU PICK THEM, IN THEIR "GOOD ENDING", YOU GET PEOPLE HANGING ENTIRE FAMILIES FOR WATER THIEF... AND THAT IS AFTER YOU GET RID OF ASSHOLE, PLACING ACTUALLY THINKING PEOPLE ON COMMAND
YOU CHOICES MATTER BRUH MY ASS.

ENDING IS LITERALLY A FUCKING TEXT SLIDES, NOT EVEN FALLOUT NEW VEGAS TIER, JUST NOT VOICED SLIDES AND ONE OF THREE CUTSCENES, EACH 1 MINUTE OR MINUTE AND A HALF LONG

FINAL BOSS FIGHT IS LITERALLY MIX OF SHITTEST WAYS OF NARUTO, DRAGON BALL AND METAL GEAR REVENGANCE MIXED WITH DEVS OWN FECES AND PINEAPPLE. WHY PINEAPPLE? I DON'T KNOW, MAYBE THEY LIKE THEIR OWN SHIT.

THERE IS YOUR SISTER CHARACTER "MIA" WHOS FATHER WAS "EXPERIMENTING ON YOU" EXCEPT NO, HE WAS NOT, HE WAS YOUR FATHER FIGURE AND HE WAS EXPERIMENTING ON HER AFTER HE FUCKING INJECTED HER THE VIRUS BUT YOU FORGOT ALL OF THAT BECAUSE YOU WERE TRAUMATISED OR SOMEBULLSHIT AND HE TELLS YOU TO REMIND YOURSELF. THEN YOU REMEMBER AND FUCKING COMBAT IT FOR A KEY THAT IS SUPPOSEDLY BOTH KEY TO SECRET CURE EXPERIMENT AND MISSLIE SYSTEM THAT IS SUPPOSED TO NUKE THE CITY.

AND THEN SHE FUCKING WAKES UP DOING HER FIRST ROLE IN GAME EXCEPT DAMN FUCKING BEING MACGUFFIN TO FOLLOW, TRIES TO GIVE YOU THE KEY, BUMPS INTO HER DYING FATHER AND THEY DESTROY IT BY THROWING IT INTO CHEMICALS.

AND YOUR CHOICE IS TO "SAVE" A FUCKING RANDOM "SISTER" YOU HAVE CONNECTION TO FOR 15 MINUTES AND RUN OUT AND NUKE YOUR COMPANION WHO WILL BLOW IT UP BECAUSE THEY CAN'T STOP THE MISSLES NOW (unless you saved ONE CHARACTER, ONE FUCKING CHOICE, THEN HE WILL SAVE HER) OR HAVE TO GO AFTER HER, BUT YOU SUDDENLY ACTIVATE ZOMBIE MODE AND GORRILA HER OUT AND CITY IS ROCKETED.

ALSO IF YOU SAVE THAT MIA BITCH, SHE IS HANDWAVED IN TWO SENTENCES BECAUSE SHE FUCKING DIES FEW HOURS LATER AS SHE HAD TO BE CONNECTED TO FUCKING OXYGEN MACHINE... WHICH YOU DIDN'T TAKE AND PERFECTLY FUCKING KNEW ABOUT AS YOU SAVED HER FROM SAME FATE LITERAL 5 MINUTES LATER. YOU LITERALLY CARRY HER TO THAT MACHINE WITH HER DYING-AFTER-BOSS-FIGHT FATHER MINUTE BEFORE THAT CHOICE.

AND ENDING IS LIKE "OH YEAH SHE WAS WEAK LOL, HE BURIED HER UNDER OAK AND NOW WENT TO BE PILGRIM AGAIN, BUT HE SAVED THE CITY, WHAT A HERO". WHO THE FUCK ARE PLIGRIMS IF THAT CITY IS SUPPOSED TO BE "LAST ONE ON EARTH". WHERE THEY PILGRIM TO? WHERE OTHER PEOPLE GET PACKAGES FROM? DID PC FUCK HER CORPSE BEFORE HE PUT HER INTO A HOLE IN THE GROUND? WHO KNOWS!

Let me NOT start ranting about such shitty changes to physics, adding shitty ass stamina system for climbing to waste points on, making grappling hook some shitty fucking joke instead of getting rid of it, changing the setting into some postapo bullshit, combat being a joke with two skills (stomping heads and double leg kick), bugs in combat, cutscenes literally 5 steps away from each other and so on.

Do not play this game. Do not waste your time. If I were in place of Avellone, I would be glad I got dumped out of this project. And forgive me, now I'm going to eat some burger to forget about that game before I start making plans to find these damn nerds who make that "story and choice" slogan and give them a swirlie. In a toilet filled with copies of their game, which in fact, is worse then swirlie in shit.

Not good night and surely not damn bloody good luck.
tumblr_mrqask2Ks61rm8en1o1_500.gif

DeepOcean

Arcane
What is really funny is, they come with this bullshit of new Dark Ages thing implying they are trying harder on the story department to just make a potato version of a Resident Evil plot.

Skdursh

Savant
Danikas shilling for this game is annoying, but i don't get the hate for parkour. Looks fine to me. Is it the spiderman grappling hook spam that makes you see red or what?
More than anything for me it's the physics. It just doesn't feel heavy enough. The first game's physics had the natural feeling of movement down pretty accurate (minus the grappling hook), but the new game has a sort of levity to it that leaves it feeling unsatisfying. It's especially noticeable in videos. Sort of like a game with bad combat sound-effects; You go to hit an enemy expecting a nice deep thud but instead you get a sad, hollow, "pffffffft" queefing utterance from a vacuous hole and it just severely lessens the impact of it all making the game a lesser experience entirely.

Also, I just think that for someone calling their video a "Master Parkour Montage" their pathing was boring as shit, they relied way too heavily on the paraglider and nothing about it looked like "mastery" to me. Looked like some guy floating around making 180 degree turns and going nowhere interesting.

Last edited:

Machocruz

Arcane
Is Dying Light more like how DL2 was in the Chris Avellone trailer in terms of how it looks? Is it worth playing?

The lighting seems more DL1 like. And I love the first game, it's absolutely worth playing imo. Better than most mainstream games that have come out since. I still play during holiday events. Even considering doing a NG+ on Nightmare soon. I didn't do any missions during the night in my first playthrough, I want to see how much faster I gain skill points doing that.

Old Hans

Arcane
Anyone else think the setting is not as cool, vibrant, or interesting as the slums or old town from the first? I prefer the coastal ambience to this woodland one, and something about the geometry and/or lighting isn't hitting right for me.
the slums was such a good area, but I didnt care much for old town

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
A lot of the critical / negative comparisons to the 2019 E3 trailer seem to have the ray-tracing options turned off, which seems really evident when you watch this segment from Digital Foundry's video on the PC version.

Complaints about the colour composition, shadows and over-saturation seem to boil down to the raytracing options being off 90% of the time. I see that the above video has mentioned it being "enabled when necessary", which is a curious phrasing, but I remember an earlier comparison video that was making the rounds that was 100% clicikbait and had all those features off entirely.

Yosharian

Arcane
A lot of the critical / negative comparisons to the 2019 E3 trailer seem to have the ray-tracing options turned off, which seems really evident when you watch this segment from Digital Foundry's video on the PC version.

Complaints about the colour composition, shadows and over-saturation seem to boil down to the raytracing options being off 90% of the time. I see that the above video has mentioned it being "enabled when necessary", which is a curious phrasing, but I remember an earlier comparison video that was making the rounds that was 100% clicikbait and had all those features off entirely.

Jesus christ I just enabled raytracing according to that guy's recommended settings and the game looks completely different. My frame rate went down from 150-170ish to more like 110-130 and there are some unpleasant 1% lows popping up but holy shit these visuals are so much better. (Mind you I had to go to DLSS Performance instead of Quality to get that)

This is completely different to Cyberpunk 2077 where I could barely tell when RT was enabled.

I don't think I could play this without RT on anymore it is honestly a different game visually

Last edited:

DeepOcean

Arcane
So, the story is hopeless, the combat is worse than Daylight 1 with worse impact sounds, there are shit timers now, it is a AAA RPG meaning it has HP bloat and you have to use stuff like a +5% damage hoodie to defeat the HP bloat and the graphics are only better if you have a rig capable of supporting raytracing, damn, is there anything that is better than Daylight 1?

Yosharian

Arcane
Unfortunately enabling raytracing doesnt improve the writing

For what its worth, I would like to offer an alternative opinion regarding some of those points:
  • The ragdoll/impact thing is overblown, its honestly fine even if it might not be as meaty as DL1
  • The combat is way more fun in this and i havent even unlocked half the moves yet
  • The timer system adds tension to nighttime play and I am having more fun at night than I ever did in DL1, in fact in DL1 I just didn't play at night at all because it was too frustrating
  • Additionally regarding the nighttime timer, you get TONS of mushrooms and immunity boosters to extend your available time and get people are still crying about it, dare I say git gud and stop whining like little bitches?
  • I haven't run into any HP bloat and I am playing on hard, but I agree that the itemization is kind of boring so far
Not like I'm saying the game is perfect or anything, far from it

vota DC

Augur
In paper rpg hp bloat are always meant that the humanoid enemy Is more skilled and get just scratched instead of being stabbed, It looks very strange if only damage and hp improves on higher level enemies.

tritosine2k

Erudite
In a gritty game (opposed to shiny) most of RT stuff is global occlusion and can be precomputed well into probes with very modest runtime cost if you dont suck balls as a dev.

For example the unity "book of the dead" forest demo did it for trees.

Yosharian

Arcane
Also I have not seen a single animation bug like the ones that have been posted in the thread, in 15 hours of gameplay

What is annoying the fuck out of me are the glitchy moves like the one where you jump onto someone when you press a button but it ALWAYS triggers regardless of what buttons I press

I keep jumping into people's heads that I don't even want to fight

DeepOcean

Arcane
The timer system adds tension to nighttime play and I am having more fun at night than I ever did in DL1, in fact in DL1 I just didn't play at night at all because it was too frustrating.

Additionally regarding the nighttime timer, you get TONS of mushrooms and immunity boosters to extend your available time and get people are still crying about it, dare I say git gud and stop whining like little bitches?
I didnt play Daylight 2 yet, so I cant comment on how challenging it is, so I wanna know your opinion, is it true? Did they nerf the enemies during the night because of the timer? Shit like wall hacks really piss me off.

It is a personal taste for me, every game where the main challenge is a timer, EVERYTHING turns around how to optimize for that timer and that feels like more I'm fighting the timer than fighting the enviroment and that feel more like I'm fighting a bureaucratic bookeeping challenge imposed by the devs than really dealing with the enemies that should be the star of the show. You know, running because three are three sons of bitches that can destroy me feel alot more intimidating than, damn, I should have bought that extra immunity booster at Jimmy Bob.

Yosharian

Arcane
The timer system adds tension to nighttime play and I am having more fun at night than I ever did in DL1, in fact in DL1 I just didn't play at night at all because it was too frustrating.

Additionally regarding the nighttime timer, you get TONS of mushrooms and immunity boosters to extend your available time and get people are still crying about it, dare I say git gud and stop whining like little bitches?
I didnt play Daylight 2 yet, so I cant comment on how challenging it is, so I wanna know your opinion, is it true? Did they nerf the enemies during the night because of the timer? Shit like wall hacks really piss me off.

It is a personal taste for me, every game where the main challenge is a timer, EVERYTHING turns around how to optimize for that timer and that feels like more I'm fighting the timer than fighting the enviroment and that feel more like I'm fighting a bureaucratic bookeeping challenge imposed by the devs than really dealing with the enemies that should be the star of the show. You know, running because three are three sons of bitches that can destroy me feel alot more intimidating than, damn, I should have bought that extra immunity booster at Jimmy Bob.
  1. The way the game is built around spidey-sense annoys me too but it is what it is
  2. Enemies nerfed at night? Try initiating a chase and lasting through level 3/4 of the chase, let me know how that goes
  3. I understand your concerns regarding the timer all I can say is that it doesn't bother me at all, it's just a mechanic that you play around. But this is just my opinion.
I would also point out that I got the game for 2/3 of the launch price

vota DC

Augur
About this timer....what exactly means? You get 5 minutes to explore because darkness Is like radiations.....then you exit and enter again to explore? In that case I don't see much harm because exploring those places Is like swimming. If you have to explore an entire building in a single run and can't come back later then It Is bad.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom