Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Elden Ring - From Software's new game with writing by GRRM

SumDrunkGuy

I put 250+ hours in and never got invaded once by a player. It was weird. All the other online shit worked. Well kind of. Summoning was pretty broken.

(which is a colossal despite its name, thanks From)

For some reason, they've always called their Guts ultra greatsword (colossal in ER), the "greatsword" in all their games too. Just "greatsword".

That's because it's thee greatsword in these games. Always has been.

The ultra greatsword is basically the excalibur of the Soulsborne games imo.

Last edited by a moderator:

SumDrunkGuy

Someone said on steam that they nerfed elden beast AI Radagon DMG and cuckskin duo if you kill them at once, they won't respawn.

Well the last one is a good thing because fuck duo bosses. The other stuff is pure decline. We all seen this coming after they hit 12 million sales and nerfed Radahn. It was good while it lasted boys but From Software has entered the real decline phase.

Sunri

Liturgist
They also nerfed spell parry dmg they didn't fix the bug that allowed you to parry own spells, they just nerfed dmg so much that there is no reason to use it at all fucking retards

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Aaand done.

9D19DF7E735A55075F86F0987EFDA1CDE204204D

I applaud people who solo group bosses... or bosses like Malenia. I had to give her my best cheese to finally stand a chance to beat her after so many tries - get Black Knife Tiche summon, level up to +10, get some extra Mind for FP, Frost + Blood on weapons, obviously Bloodhound's Step to escape Waterfowl.

Someone said on steam that they nerfed elden beast AI Radagon DMG and cuckskin duo if you kill them at once, they won't respawn.

Radagon did not seem nerfed to me today. Although maybe he was spamming a little less recurrent aoe.
Elden Beast on the other hand... I struggled against it previously with my mimic. Today I have slain it on first try - before it even did the rings or any other aoe. Thought this was because of my new buddy Tiche, but maybe he was also nerfed hard?

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Hard to say, Tiche is insanely good though.

Yeah, what really surprised me just how much Poise damage she deals. She was knocking bosses on their asses much more effectively then my dual colossal mimic! Together we were extremly effective at stunlocking enemies.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

Yeah, what really surprised me just how much Poise damage she deals. She was knocking bosses on their asses much more effectively then my dual colossal mimic! Together we were extremly effective at stunlocking enemies.

Tiche can solo or nearly solo Malenia. Poor goddess can barely stand up. :lol:

Just beat Starscourge Radahn for the first time. No cheese, no summons, just using my plain Greatshield and Strength build, took 3-4 tries.

I send my sincerest sympathies to anyone who had to fight him with precise timing (dodges, parries, etc), I had to time my shield a little bit, just to get stamina back, but nothing too precise.

This guy reminded me of a fidget spinner, especially in his second phase. It's sad that shit like this passes for aRPG combat now.

Echo Mirage

Arcane
What is the go to weapon for faith builds? With Intelligence it was a case of getting the Moonveil. But with faith I can't see anything that isn't late to end game to base my build around.

mediocrepoet

Patron
What is the go to weapon for faith builds? With Intelligence it was a case of getting the Moonveil. But with faith I can't see anything that isn't late to end game to base my build around.

That's been a common complaint about Faith from what I've seen: all the good stuff is late game. I've basically just been running normal weapons with fire enchants (non-scaling), depending on what I feel like doing. Vyke's War Spear is pretty solid though.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Lmao, multiplayer is actually worse. Numer of connection errors is about the same, but now every time i deal a killing blow to a boss there's a lag delay of one or two seconds before i get the victory message.

Nice going From.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
Because the multiplayer is entirely dependent on your internet connection and the guy you are playing with. If you are playing on shitty internet with someone from halfway across the world with shitty internet prepare for lag. You might hit a guy five times then die then the hits register as you leave the screen.

Andnjord

Arcane
Blasphemous Blade is the closest to a be all, end all weapon, similar to Moonveil in that you can pretty much spam it at will and win. I find it very boring though and didn't use it much. Godslayer Sword is pretty decent, especially since the buff to colossal swords and its weapon art, while risky to use, can melt down bosses health and mobs alike. It also does Black Flame damage, not Fire damage, something almost nothing is resistant to I think, so that's another bonus. I say decent, because we have things like Rivers of Blood and Moonveil that are on another level of spam to win.

Otherwise, grab two curved swords or twinblades, slap a flame art on them, equip the Fire Scorpion Talisman, Claw talisman, Winged Sword Insignia (later the Rotten version), Raptor's Black Feathers, cast Flame Grant Me Strenght and Golden Vow, drink a +fire damage and Thorny Cracked Tear mixed Physick flask and BAM! You're now Super Mario jumping on your enemies dealing 2000+ damage per jump and if you can keep up the swings I've seen jumps doing almost 5000 damage to Hoarah Loux in coop. The good thing about it too is that you don't need any active buffs to make it work, feel free to use the other body buffs that conflict with Flame and the flask buffs last for three minutes, plenty enough for most bosses with the damage you'll deal. Even with no active buffs you'll still do around 1400 damage per jump.

Last edited:

Andnjord

Arcane
Let me also add that as you'll be approaching late game, holy damage weapons are a bit of a trap as a lot of the final bosses have large resistances to it, including the final one who is practically if not outright immune. Of course I only discovered that after wasting two Somber Ancient smithing stone on Coded Sword and Golden Epitaph. :negative:

And I'm sure you know already to avoid the Fundamentalist school of spells, garbage the whole lot of them, even before taking into account the excessive resistances to it.

Lol, the Carian Study Hall and the Divine Tower are something else. I went there as part of Ranni's quest.

So first, I get ambushed by the upside down Preceptress Miriam and her band of roving hands and summoned pikemen. The toughest part of that fight is just trying not to fall down into the ceiling while avoid 20 enemies as a fairly slow character (my guy has heavy armor and a greatshield). One time I was winning, and accidentally stepped off the ledge and died. Next time, came back, the same exact thing happened to Miriam, ahahahaha. That fight is so badly designed, even the NPCs are falling to their death. I was hiding from her bullshit spirit bow behind and overhang, and suddenly noticed I got her drop. Needless to say, I didn't feel too bad for the rabid bitch.

So I get through that bs hall, and then on the bridge connecting it to the tower, I see a really fat guy approach, dressed in what looked like sheets. I figure, hell, I just beat Stargazer Radahn and Radagan's Red poodle, how bad could this fatso be? Turns out its a Godskin Noble, and underneath all that fat, he's got the body of a neurotic chihuahua doped up on Red Bull. He hit me with a rapier thrust that somehow magically extended the rapier 100 feet toward me (that's a constant issue with this game btw, bosses always unrealistically extend their weapons several times past their actual length), and as I tried to drink the estus, he input read me, and did some kind of a move that was like 20 rapier thrusts in one, and I died. Anyways, the next 3 fights against the fat fuck, until I finally killed him, were a lot of fun, as I realized that he really doesn't have any stops between his combos, and he input reads like a bitch.

Looking forward to the tower itself. :deadtroll:

Haplo

Prophet
Patron

Eh, that's again a bit of an exagerration. I mean she probably can solo Malenia's first phase - provided that she's lucky, as Waterfowl usually does pretty heavy damage to her, Malenia heals a lot from it and if she does it the 2nd time...

But in the second phase Tiche usually dies very quickly, as she doesn't even try to evade the blooming rot flowers. She never lived till the end on me. Still, she does contribute a lot to damage, Malenia is vulnerable while growing these flowers, so if she dies taking away half the bosses healthbar - so be it.

mediocrepoet

Patron

Eh, that's again a bit of an exagerration. I mean she probably can solo Malenia's first phase - provided that she's lucky, as Waterfowl usually does pretty heavy damage to her, Malenia heals a lot from it and if she does it the 2nd time...

But in the second phase Tiche usually dies very quickly, as she doesn't even try to evade the blooming rot flowers. She never lived till the end on me. Still, she does contribute a lot to damage, Malenia is vulnerable while growing these flowers, so if she dies taking away half the bosses healthbar - so be it.

Maybe, I've never tried to let her solo it and only brought her out a handful of times when I was screwing around, but I've had Tiche last a long time into Phase 2 and she was pretty resistant to the rot flower even sitting in the middle of it. She dodges around so much and knocks Malenia on her ass so often that I thought it was pretty nuts and figured it'd basically be a carry to win that way. At the time, I was doing almost no poise damage, so any of the knockdowns, etc. were 100% from Tiche.

Either way, she's very good. Arguably the best ash summon.*

* Assuming your build doesn't make the mimic invincible due to no mana limitations.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom